IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

On 6/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, iacas said:

So do you not think Saudi Arabia treats women poorly, treats 81 recent people poorly, etc.?

Again... I don't know, I heard about it so I'm not going to convict or acquit a hole country just because I heard that on tv/internet. Can you bet your life on it? Do you went down there to check?
If you do, congrats to you, but I also don't know you to trust your word or take it over other opinions I heard.

Just to see it from another point of view.. I heard that US laws are totally against man and totally in favor of woman when it comes to familly, custody, divorce, allimony, etc... if that if the case.. (i don't know, just read about it) are US goverment favoring woman over man over there? aren't man getting slaughter in divorce court every single day? Here in Argentina the politician are all corrupted and the economy is atrocious. We are getting poorer every single day, we went from been a top country 50 years ago to a 3er world one today. 

My point is.. I'm still living in this country. US man are still living in a country that favor woman, arabian woman are still living in a country that (as you said) theath them poorly. Is the county fault or is our fault that we keep living in a country that do that stuff to us? 

Edited by p1n9183

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/22/2022 at 6:12 AM, Friz said:
_125573442_7b96790d082ae039152e9a4fcedb9

Players who have joined the Saudi Arabian-backed LIV Golf series will be allowed to play at The Open at St...

On 6/24/2022 at 6:11 AM, iacas said:

On 6/24/2022 at 7:15 AM, Friz said:

Good...but also a bit interesting that they weren't suspended this week, and only are suspended from events co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour.  Of which 2 are the same week and the other is opposite the Open, so for many of these guys it's basically a one event suspension, not three.  Will be more telling what happens moving forward.

Larrazabel will also be interesting to keep an eye on, since these guys also were not suspended for the Irish Open opposite the Portland LIV event, and he was probably the most notable name not in that field that played in London

Just catching up from the last few days…

I thought the DP World (formerly European) Tour had said LIV players could play in this week’s BMW International Open in Germany. But now they can’t play in three upcoming DP events.

Change of mind or just a clarification from DP? Or because these three are co-sanctioned with the PGA Tour (but BMW isn’t)?

I’m assuming that the Open Championship is “open” to them because it’s the R&A and not DP World Tour. (But the Scottish Open isn’t open.)

image.thumb.gif.91db826fd6f0ae74578d68500a6c932a.gif

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

47 minutes ago, turtleback said:

I see what you did there, but the other song was markedly better 🙂

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
10 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

Just make my own opinion on stuff, if I'm really interested in something I go and gather information myself.

I'll be quick, because others are beating you up pretty well (and deservedly so).

There are many things which are not opinions. Someone else said you're being willfully ignorant, and I am inclined to agree.

I don't make decisions over others people opinion or "trusted sources", theres no such thing on the media or even in day by day life.

Yes, there is. When nobody credible is saying the opposite, it's commonly accepted as fact.

Of course I woudn't take their worlds or opinion on the matter as truth. I don't care what people say, only what they do. Actions speaks a lot louder than words.

The Saudi's actions are pretty f***ing bad.

As I say I cannot give my opinion on something I don't know because is on the other side of the world.

What happened to you "doing your own research" or something?

I really don't care about it, but I'm not going to talk trash about people in other countrys just because media tell me to think about them like that.

Media doesn't "tell you to think like that." If you're of average intelligence (or smarter), you can figure out what the truth is.

On the other hand I received from people of Europe and US that really think that here in Argentina we are like indians and live in tribes. that's nothing more away from the truth but for a lot of people that truth because they just took another people opinion on us, instead of taking the time to make a trip here and see for themselves the truth. 

Please point me to recent media reports from credible sources which describe all of Argentina as "like indians and live in tribes."

C'mon man.

9 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

Just to see it from another point of view.. I heard that US laws are totally against man and totally in favor of woman when it comes to familly, custody, divorce, allimony, etc... if that if the case..

No. And a little actual research, which you claim to do on your own, would have told you the answers to these things.

9 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

My point is.. I'm still living in this country. US man are still living in a country that favor woman, arabian woman are still living in a country that (as you said) theath them poorly. Is the county fault or is our fault that we keep living in a country that do that stuff to us?

It's your fault that the Saudi Arabians killed Khashoggi? Or 81 non-violent criminals? Or that they continue to treat women as having few to no rights?

Please do yourself the favor of not talking about this anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For anyone who wasn't aware, the Nickelodeon Slime Cup was last night (event aimed at kids to draw them into golf).  Scrolling through the replies to this tweet, the amount of people triggered and taking it seriously is quite amusing

-Eric

Maybe it's a good idea at this point to post some interesting things about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia here to help anyone interested in putting what's going on with professional golf into the greater context. 

This two-hour documentary by PBS Frontline is from September 2019, but it's still relevant to the events going on now. It discusses Saudi Vision 2030 (of which LIV Golf is apart of) and a bit about the House of Saud, who has been the ruling family in Saudi Arabia for hundreds of years. 

A large percentage of the families directly affected by the 9/11 attacks have, as we know, released statements about LIV Golf since its inception, so I should probably provide a link discussing the likely Saudi connection to the 9/11 attacks too. 

I also feel it's probably important I bring up the story of Fallon Smart as well, whose death is an example of what is still happening in the United States. Since that occurred in Portland, Oregon back in 2016, perhaps we will hear her story brought up by our golf media when LIV plays at Pumpkin Ridge next week.

Lastly, I hope this post, which obviously has a lot of critical links in it, is viewed not as an indictment of the Saudi people but rather the Saudi regime. It's important that I make that distinction because it's not fair to hold any regular citizen responsible for what their government is doing. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who wants to know a bit more about why there is so much controversy over LIV to be a bit more informed on the subject.

• Informative 4

Constantine

7 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Maybe it's a good idea at this point to post some interesting things about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia here to help anyone interested in putting what's going on with professional golf into the greater context. 

This two-hour documentary by PBS Frontline is from September 2019, but it's still relevant to the events going on now. It discusses Saudi Vision 2030 (of which LIV Golf is apart of) and a bit about the House of Saud, who has been the ruling family in Saudi Arabia for hundreds of years. 

A large percentage of the families directly affected by the 9/11 attacks have, as we know, released statements about LIV Golf since its inception, so I should probably provide a link discussing the likely Saudi connection to the 9/11 attacks too. 

I also feel it's probably important I bring up the story of Fallon Smart as well, whose death is an example of what is still happening in the United States. Since that occurred in Portland, Oregon back in 2016, perhaps we will hear her story brought up by our golf media when LIV plays at Pumpkin Ridge next week.

Lastly, I hope this post, which obviously has a lot of critical links in it, is viewed not as an indictment of the Saudi people but rather the Saudi regime. It's important that I make that distinction because it's not fair to hold any regular citizen responsible for what their government is doing. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who wants to know a bit more about why there is so much controversy over LIV to be a bit more informed on the subject.

Wondering if DeChambeau did all this sort of research before switching??

Last week I got grouped with a firefighter whose coworkers died doing their job at WTC and he was livid.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Thank you for walking the line without crossing over.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Last week I got grouped with a firefighter whose coworkers died doing their job at WTC and he was LIVid.

I see what you did there.

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3000.jpeg

Saudi Arabia-backed LIV Golf is getting a chilly reception in Oregon, its first stop in the United States. This coming week, the series, which is paying enormous signing fees for players like...

• Informative 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:
3000.jpeg

Saudi Arabia-backed LIV Golf is getting a chilly reception in Oregon, its first stop in the...

I hope this encourages other US clubs/venues to follow suit

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Friz said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0617%2Fr868870_1

Matthew Wolff, among the most popular young players on the PGA Tour, is departing for the LIV Golf...

Bye bye!

He was just about off the PGA Tour anyway.