IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

Yikes, this reply might've been funnier if not for the recent developments on the thread, but I'll carry on anyway 😄

52 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think The Tantrums would be the most appropriate name.

This gives me an idea. What should their team names actually be:

Sergio Garcia - the Tantrums

Brooks Koepka - the Arrogant Buttholes

Dustin Johnson - the Doorknobs 

Bryson Dechaumbeau - the Brooksies

Kevin Na - the Snails

Ian Poulter - the Cry Babies (the Tantrums already taken unfortunately)

Phil Mickelson - hard to decide between the FIGJAMS, the Incessant Hat Tippers or the Phil Mickelson Degenerate Gambling Foundation

Taylor Gooch - the Goochers

Abraham Ancer - the Ancers to the Questions No One Asked

Matthew Wolff - The No More Missed Cuts

Patrick Reed - the Wedge Shovels (also would've accepted for this week only, the Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Ridge Eaters)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

Are you a moderator and owner of the site? This is how you encourage people to participate and share their part? So, if I don't agree with you I'm better off not commenting at all? Ahm... interesting.   

I’m making a suggestion because you’re coming off quite poorly. I’m trying to help you. It has nothing to do with agreement or anything.

We don’t allow discussion of politics, either, and this type of conversation gets close.

If you want to continue to come off as badly as you have been, go ahead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

Are you a moderator and owner of the site? This is how you encourage people to participate and share their part? So, if I don't agree with you I'm better off not commenting at all? Ahm... interesting.   

Seriously, dude. Put down the shovel. 

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yikes, this reply might've been funnier if not for the recent developments on the thread, but I'll carry on anyway 😄

This gives me an idea. What should their team names actually be:

Sergio Garcia - the Tantrums

Brooks Koepka - the Arrogant Buttholes

Dustin Johnson - the Doorknobs 

Bryson Dechaumbeau - the Brooksies

Kevin Na - the Snails

Ian Poulter - the Cry Babies (the Tantrums already taken unfortunately)

Phil Mickelson - hard to decide between the FIGJAMS, the Incessant Hat Tippers or the Phil Mickelson Degenerate Gambling Foundation

Taylor Gooch - the Goochers

Abraham Ancer - the Ancers to the Questions No One Asked

Matthew Wolff - The No More Missed Cuts

Patrick Reed - the Wedge Shovels (also would've accepted for this week only, the Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Ridge Eaters)

These are great.

Phil Mickelson's should definitely be "The Phil Mickelson Degenerate Gambling Foundation".

AND I might suggest "Whiny Little Bitches" for Ian Poulter's team. 

Lastly, Taylor Gooch's team name could be "I'm Sorry, Who?" 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

As tempting as it will be for many to respond to this. I truly hope nobody does. Please, just let this argument die on the vine. 

Thanks for the reminder - I was sooo close to perpetuating the trolling.  Easily the dumbest post I’ve read in a long time. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, Friz said:

Imagine how mad their fan is going to be.

:-$

2 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

We just think different, the fact that we do don't make your opinion rigth and mine "ridiculous", or make me a silly and you the holder of the truth. Avoid that if you want to keep arguing with me.  

If you didn't have the internet at your disposal and your exposure was limited to your surroundings, and you lived in an insular society where the information you received was all or mostly propagandized, then I could buy some being ignorant or non-believing of things that were told to you that went against the narrative that you believed was truth.  But as someone above said, you're just being willfully ignorant.  I can understand not having an interest in certain matters and choosing not to look into it more, but as a fan of golf, and with an interest in LIV, I'd say that warrants at least looking into some of the things that are reported about the Saudi government because that's connected in part to something that you're interested in.

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Seriously, dude. Put down the shovel. 

These are great.

Phil Mickelson's should definitely be "The Phil Mickelson Degenerate Gambling Foundation".

AND I might suggest "Whiny Little Bitches" for Ian Poulter's team. 

Lastly, Taylor Gooch's team name could be "I'm Sorry, Who?" 

I know LIV doesn't care about turning a profit, but IMO they're missing out on some great merchandising opportunities.

14.PNG

555.PNG 

• Funny 5

Constantine

Golf fans in general should remember everything that the PGA Tour does for the game.  The mini tours, the charitable causes.  The Tour does a lot of things to grow the game and make the game great for a lot of people, young and old, all over the world.  Sure, you could cut the excess, maybe start with the Junior programs across the country.  Who needs Drive Chip and Putt?  Let’s bring that money back up to the top to feed Phil’s gambling addiction.  To some people, $100,000,000 is always just a million less than they really deserve.  

Based on other replies this is not really a hot take, considering most people engaging in the discussion seem to not be big fans of the LIV, but I felt obligated to pile on with the majority consensus.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, TJBam said:

Golf fans in general should remember everything that the PGA Tour does for the game. The mini tours, the charitable causes.

What does that stuff do to make watching the PGA Tour on Sunday better?

And what does the PGA Tour have to do with "the mini tours"?

The Tour does a lot of things to grow the game and make the game great for a lot of people, young and old, all over the world.

I'm already in the game. There's an argument to be made that growing the game makes it tougher for me to get tee times and raises the cost. 🙂

Sure, you could cut the excess, maybe start with the Junior programs across the country.

The PGA Tour funds them all? Really?

Who needs Drive Chip and Putt?

You mean the program that Augusta National helps fund, and the USGA, and the PGA. Without the PGA Tour among the list?

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

What does that stuff do to make watching the PGA Tour on Sunday better?

And what does the PGA Tour have to do with "the mini tours"?

I'm already in the game. There's an argument to be made that growing the game makes it tougher for me to get tee times and raises the cost. 🙂

The PGA Tour funds them all? Really?

You mean the program that Augusta National helps fund, and the USGA, and the PGA. Without the PGA Tour among the list?

Eh, you’re right, to hell with charity.  After all, one of my examples was wrong—scratch it all.  Golf needs electrolytes, maybe fireworks behind the greens will keep our attention on Sunday. ;-)

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, TJBam said:

Eh, you’re right, to hell with charity.  After all, one of my examples was wrong—scratch it all.  Golf needs electrolytes, maybe fireworks behind the greens will keep our attention on Sunday. ;-)

Almost everything you said was wrong.

And I never said anything like “to hell with charity.” The PGA Tour is involved with giving a lot of money to charity - that's the one thing you got right in your post.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Almost everything you said was wrong.

And I never said anything like “to hell with charity.” The PGA Tour is involved with giving a lot of money to charity - that's the one thing you got right in your post.

I see you haven’t changed in 8 years. Still unbearably pedantic.  Have a good one

Edited by TJBam
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TJBam said:

I see you haven’t changed in 5 years.  So, sincerely, f*** you.  Have a good one nerd 

FFS. Give your mom her laptop back and find something constructive to do.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, TJBam said:

I see you haven’t changed in 8 years. Still unbearably pedantic.  Have a good one

Dude, You are over reacting. 
You typed stuff that wasn't true. You got corrected. It happens to everyone at some point or another. Either online or in real conversations. 

Relax. 

If you want to respond just type "Oh, yeah, I guess I was wrong about that." 

I've said or typed that dozens of times. ... okay maybe hundreds? .... Thousands?... Not sure. 

There's no shame in being wrong. Stamping your feet and pouting make you come off like an emotional child. Trust me, if there are two things I know its:

1 - Life is a lot easier if you don't take offense to everything. 

2 - Life is a lot more fun if you can hit your driver well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

16 hours ago, iacas said:

If you want to continue to come off as badly as you have been, go ahead.

Not worth my time, I came here to share my opinions not to always try be rigth like you and others.
If you are fine judging people and companies just because other people tell you to do that, that's fine by me, be a follower, have a herd mentality and think the way other people want you to think. I will keep having my own judment on people and companies and keep having my own though on stuff that I care. Do I care about LIV? of course not, I enjoy PGA content but I respect players having a different view of things, enough to change tours to LIV. My life is not going to chage a bit if that happens. 

Done with this topic, no real arguments, only emotional and agresive people that can't stand other people having different opinions, that feel the need to "beat up" people if they don't think their way. Their problem not mine.  

وداعا

25 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

Done with this topic

duly noted, we'll see

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

If you cut to the very basic business of what I, as a would-be golf spectator would want to see, that something is all the very best golfers in the world competing in the same tournaments.

Put aside all the stuff about politics, growing the game and the health of the PGA Tour. I don't want to watch a diluted product. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

Not worth my time, I came here to share my opinions not to always try be rigth like you and others.
If you are fine judging people and companies just because other people tell you to do that, that's fine by me, be a follower, have a herd mentality and think the way other people want you to think.

I'm so glad you took my advice to stop embarrassing yourself with your hot takes on how all journalism is biased and tainted and you can't truly know facts that everyone else knows without "doing your own research."

It's easy to be "right" in a world where we have these things we call "facts" - known things that every sane and even partly intelligent person understand to be true.

Nobody's claiming to be right about things known as opinions. Everyone gets to have their own opinions, but that includes our opinions of your "research" and willful ignorance.

I don't like LIV Golf because:

• It's funded by the Saudi government as an attempt at sportswashing.
  • The Saudis are known bad, terrible people.
  • The golf is not exciting, the players are not exciting, and the manner in which they've gone about forming and joining the LIV Tour has been off-putting. I hate liars, and Brooks, Phil, etc. are liars.

Does that mean the PGA Tour is awesome? f*** no. It's not all that great either. But it's far better than the alternative.

You can like LIV golf, @TJBam and @p1n9183… as they say, you're entitled to your own opinions (as is everyone else), but not your own facts.

Pretty easy to act like you are right-When you are right.

@p1n9183 you are the one coming in here acting all morally superior and calling other people followers for not doing their own research-Or whatever bullshit you call it.

When you are the one not doing the work.-Your willful ignroance is the lazy way to go. You did not refute any facts shared here. You made a weak ass case about how women are treated better in the U.S. in a week when Roe vs. Wade was overturned.-Such a lousy point you made.

Political talk is not allowed here and this topic is close to that, but denying facts about Saudi Arabia because you did not witness it first-hand is world class laziness and stupidity.

I think people have done a good job here of staying away from politics too much-It is mostly making fun of dumb golfers lying and rationalizing.

REad the replies to LIV stuff on Twitter or tweets about the stories on Golf Digest etc.-They are not great. But also few seem to msis the golfers who left.

I love the irony of people who get pissed off when their posts are refuted by an intelligent guy-their frustration is misplaced.--They are frustrated by their inability to think clearly or on a similar level so they take it out on the person who is capable of pointing out how poorly formed their thoughts really are.

PS-I do not watch much PGA Tour golf either-Too many commercials-But I really have no time for LIV stuff and the people playing there will not affect my life one little bit.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.