IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

46 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well, I just think our RC team is going to be ridiculously strong. Losing Stenson as a captain doesn’t do anything imo. I think the RC will happen without an worry about this LIV nonsense.

I would agree with this.  There is plenty of time before the Ryder Cup so losing Stenson truly shouldn't impact anything.  It just stands out because LIV presumably spent upwards of $10 million to add Stenson, who doesn't seem to add much to their side, but arguably takes something significant away from the other side.  End of the day, I'd agree there isn't a long term impact by this, merely an observation about their possible motivations

-Eric

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Friz said:

He does fit the mold, but thats kind of my point.  They're not reaching out to bring in someone who is going to move the needle a ton, it seems like they're reaching out to bring in the guy who will disrupt the other side the most.  They already have plenty of guys like Stenson, they have already replaced guys higher in the OWGR.  Unless they are completely trying to say "look how many former major winners we have" Stenson isn't adding a whole lot.

It feels like a calculated move to either force a hand in letting LIV guys into the Ryder Cup, or disrupt it as much as possible

Yeah, it really seems like they are just trying to pee in the PGA Tour's cheerios at this point. 

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

The Saudi Sovereign Fund's agenda is to sports wash and make themselves look good.   Norman is the one who is trying to tear things down.   His bitterness at the PGA Tour especially is probably driving him to burn down the house.

Lt9a-e.gif.208c19eb390e2346a566273d823383fb.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yeah, it really seems like they are just trying to pee in the PGA Tour's cheerios at this point.

What’s Stenson got to do with the PGA Tour?

• Booooooooo 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

What’s Stenson got to do with the PGA Tour?

You're right. As soon as I typed that I knew somebody would comment. 
I was all jazzed to use my peeing in cheerios gif and didn't really think about who's cheerios are actually being peed in. 🤪

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

All Norman and LiV are doing now is to just trying to disrupt. Half these guys if not more will be thrown to the side in a year or 2. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

5 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Anyone can logic away a need no matter how tone deaf (Yah I gotta Lambo and Ferrari, but I don't got thems in yellow and that killer blue). Myopia afflicts people of all kinds and wealth levels.

Awwww, they're just trying to put food on their family's table.

2 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

The Saudi Sovereign Fund's agenda is to sports wash and make themselves look good.   Norman is the one who is trying to tear things down.   His bitterness at the PGA Tour especially is probably driving him to burn down the house.

He's still ticked off that all of those majors he blew were 72 hole events, not 54 hole events.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

2 hours ago, Friz said:

He does fit the mold, but thats kind of my point.  They're not reaching out to bring in someone who is going to move the needle a ton, it seems like they're reaching out to bring in the guy who will disrupt the other side the most.

They did offer TW almost $1billion so they wanted needle movers. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

The last par

6 minutes ago, Friz said:

Stenson's response to losing his captaincy and joining LIV

Last paragraph sounds like LIV Golf PR team wrote it.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

6 minutes ago, Friz said:

Okay, is Henrik Stenson stupid or a liar (it can be both)?  It seems he didn't expect to lose the Ryder Cup captaincy because he went to LIV ... and says "despite me making specific arrangements with LIV golf...".  Maybe he should have checked with other parties too?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

While LIV has pulled in a few younger players, and they will most likely get Cam Smith, the LIV rosters are a good example why you don’t put someone in their late 60’s in charge of personnel.

John

26 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

The last par

Last paragraph sounds like LIV Golf PR team wrote it.

Thats how I read most of it...it was at least vetted/edited by them.  I don't think I've ever heard the term "force for good" commonly used before LIV, and now every single statement from a player leaving casually uses that language in their statement

-Eric

45 minutes ago, Friz said:

Surprised no one has used this meme yet in the replies. Seems apt. 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

• Funny 2

Constantine

39 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Okay, is Henrik Stenson stupid or a liar (it can be both)?  It seems he didn't expect to lose the Ryder Cup captaincy because he went to LIV ... and says "despite me making specific arrangements with LIV golf...".  Maybe he should have checked with other parties too?

I am sure he knew it ahead of time.  My view is his comment was an attempt to say LIV is not the problem and put the "Blame" on the Euro-Ryder Cup for not cooperating.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

In closing, clearly a part of my decision to play in LIV golf events has been commercially driven, but the format, schedule and caliber of player were also significant factors.

The only way I can interpret the bold part is that he wants to play in worse fields to make more money by placing higher on the scoreboard.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

43 minutes ago, Zeph said:

The only way I can interpret the bold part is that he wants to play in worse fields to make more money by placing higher on the scoreboard.

Classic big fish in a small pond

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

4 hours ago, Friz said:

"Force for good" 🙄

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: