IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator

Saudi Arabia's rapid escalation of executions, which have reportedly been carried out in the past by beheading, could see the country break its grim record of 186 killings throughout the whole of 2019

Date says August 7, 2022. So I feel like this is new? But I think this is the same 80 from… maybe March?

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn. I read that and I’m thinking, ‘Now that sounds like an employer I’m tempted to work for.’

But like Norman says, everyone makes mistakes.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Damn. I read that and I’m thinking, ‘Now that sounds like an employer I’m tempted to work for.’

But like Norman says, everyone makes mistakes.

If LIV fails, maybe Greg is number 81?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am not watching, but through twitter, it seems like things are not going well at the TRO hearing for the LIV players. It's not over for them yet, but seems like the judge is leaning towards letting the suspensions stand.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

53 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Not sure if this is already posted but, Cameron Percy says Cam Smith and Marc Leishman are off to LIV.

Needs to be noted that Cam Percy's source was not Cam Smith or Marc Leishman.  It is just the chatter among other players, who may be more informed, or may just be speculating like the rest of us.

Seems like it's probably going to happen, but still nothing official

• Like 1

-Eric

• Administrator

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Friz said:

This was previously "debunked" but apparently came up again in the legal case

Brandel was right.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Friz said:

This was previously "debunked" but apparently came up again in the legal case

It does say "some", though. It would be very interesting to know which players are covered by that type of contact. 

21 minutes ago, Hardluckster said:

It does say "some", though. It would be very interesting to know which players are covered by that type of contact. 

I'd have to assume the larger contracts, and considering not everyone there  right now has guaranteed money or a multi year deal, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume ALL guaranteed money is subject to this clause.  That would still leave "some" players receiving their tournament winnings

Regardless, at least SOME players are literally playing for nothing until they make enough in tournaments to surpass whatever their contract value is.

-Eric

4 minutes ago, Friz said:

I'd have to assume the larger contracts, and considering not everyone there  right now has guaranteed money or a multi year deal, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume ALL guaranteed money is subject to this clause.  That would still leave "some" players receiving their tournament winnings

Regardless, at least SOME players are literally playing for nothing until they make enough in tournaments to surpass whatever their contract value is.

My point is that it's all speculation at this point. I would like to know who actually has this type of contact, although its very unlikely that information will be released any time soon imo. 

I do think that this could have an adverse effect on LIV Golf receiving OWGR points.

I've always felt that players, regardless of signing money, would still want to win and collect that $4M purse. I thought that they would still have a very good reason to remain competitive (especially if they are all indeed money-grubbing individuals as claimed by so many folks). If purse winnings are simply subtracted from the signing bonus, however, I think it changes that aspect completely. I would suspect that the OWGR committee might also be very interested in this aspect of the contacts. 

I am a little surprised the LIV players didn't get a temporary restraining order. This means that the PGA Tour bans are going to be in force for a while, and LIV players will not be able to play in a PGA Tour event.

It also means the lawsuit will likely be going to discovery. That is going to be extremely messy. And interesting for us outsiders. But the lawsuit is likely going to drag on for a couple of years at this point. There is a small chance the LIV players voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit and different players file a new lawsuit somewhere else. I don't think that's what will happen here, but I could be wrong.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

But the lawsuit is likely going to drag on for a couple of years at this point.

If I read this right, the lawsuit won't even be heard for another full year, at soonest, and it could be even further in the future.  If the 2025 date holds true, the loss of OWGR points could become really severe for many of the LIV players who would like to play in the majors.  

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0803%2Fr1044104_

A federal judge on Tuesday denied a temporary restraining order to three golfers who were seeking to participate in the FedEx Cup Playoffs after leaving the PGA Tour for the upstart LIV Golf Invitational Series.

Freeman told attorneys that her court's first availability for a trial on the antitrust lawsuit would be September 2023. If that date doesn't work, the trial might not happen until 2025. That is significant because LIV players aren't currently receiving Official World Golf Ranking points for LIV events. LIV Golf recently submitted an application to OWGR for consideration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

cam-smith-liv-golf.jpg

Cam Smith is reportedly joining LIV Golf, but he refused to confirm those reports before the start of the FedEx Cup Playoffs this week.

Cam Smith is a mega douche.  Stonewalling so he can play in the FedEx Cup and delaying what is reportedly a done deal.   Just take the blood money and then go get a decent haircut.  This has swirled since the Open.   If I was paired with him at the FedEx I’d be giving him the cold shoulder. 

—Adam

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Cam Smith is a mega douche.

Yes. Not a fan. If you’re a “man of your word” then give your word and say what we all now know.

And sorry bub, you’re not playing in the Presidents Cup if you play in Boston.