IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

I will try The youtube feed for Liv tomorrow. The shot gun start feels there should be coolers of beers placed throughout. 

• Funny 2

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

Political talk is not allowed here and this topic is close to that, but denying facts about Saudi Arabia because you did not witness it first-hand is world class laziness and stupidity.

Yes, let's get back to just making fun of stupid things Brooks Koepka says, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Keopka basically admitted that he is to frail to compete on the PGA tour. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
950551?v213

This Wednesday episode is overflowing with the bounty that the content gods continue to provide. Andy and Brendan did not intend to start with LIV, but a remark here and there near the top, and 30 minutes of harsh...
1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Yeah, Mr. tough macho guy is really just a puddy tat.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Speaking of stupid things Brooks Koepka says...he claims he didn't even have the LIV conversation until the US Open ended.  Wasn't it within 24 hours of the US Open ending he had pulled out of the Travelers and was confirmed?  Pretty abrupt decision for someone who previously stated "someone will sell out and go for it."

"Just my opinion, man," Koepka said Tuesday, when asked what caused him to change his mind. "My opinion changed. That was it. You guys will never believe me, but we didn't have the conversation 'til everything was done at the U.S. Open and figured it out and just said I was going to go one way or another. Here I am."

But he didn't sell out, he just needed more recovery time between events, because apparently the PGA Tour was forcing him to play before he was ready?  If only someone had let him know he was already exempt through 2026 and was allowed to skip tournaments if he was injured....poor guy.

"What I've had to go through the last two years on my knees, the pain, the rehab, all this stuff, you realize, you know, I need a little bit more time off," Koepka said. "I'll be the first one to say it: It's not been an easy last couple of years, and I think having a little more breaks, a little more time at home to make sure I'm 100 percent before I go play in an event and don't feel like I'm forced to play right away [is good]."

-Eric

2 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

"I will keep having my own judment on people"

Don't be too proud of your own judgment. It could be wrong. The best judgment comes from a myriad of sources. Not just your own personal experience.

1 hour ago, Phil McGleno said:

Pretty easy to act like you are right-When you are right.

@p1n9183 you are the one coming in here acting all morally superior and calling other people followers for not doing their own research-Or whatever bullshit you call it.

When you are the one not doing the work.-Your willful ignroance is the lazy way to go. You did not refute any facts shared here. You made a weak ass case about how women are treated better in the U.S. in a week when Roe vs. Wade was overturned.-Such a lousy point you made.

Political talk is not allowed here and this topic is close to that, but denying facts about Saudi Arabia because you did not witness it first-hand is world class laziness and stupidity.

I think people have done a good job here of staying away from politics too much-It is mostly making fun of dumb golfers lying and rationalizing.

REad the replies to LIV stuff on Twitter or tweets about the stories on Golf Digest etc.-They are not great. But also few seem to msis the golfers who left.

I love the irony of people who get pissed off when their posts are refuted by an intelligent guy-their frustration is misplaced.--They are frustrated by their inability to think clearly or on a similar level so they take it out on the person who is capable of pointing out how poorly formed their thoughts really are.

PS-I do not watch much PGA Tour golf either-Too many commercials-But I really have no time for LIV stuff and the people playing there will not affect my life one little bit.

22te8q.gif.3c70039d0fee41b7b132d2e677702405.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

47 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I will try The youtube feed for Liv tomorrow. The shot gun start feels there should be coolers of beers placed throughout. 

And a "Closest to pin contest".  Along with a side contest of "Who can hit the marshmallow the farthest".

25 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And a "Closest to pin contest".  Along with a side contest of "Who can hit the marshmallow the farthest".

DUDE! As long as they have the marshmallows out, I for one would love to see Bryson, Phil,  Brooks, and Sergio in a rousing game of Chubby Bunnies! 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

DUDE! As long as they have the marshmallows out, I for one would love to see Bryson, Phil,  Brooks, and Sergio in a rousing game of Chubby Bunnies! 

I've always found that a smooth 6 iron will hit the marshmallow a longer distance than a driver.  Everyone pulls out their driver but it's like over-compressing a Chrome Soft... it doesn't go anywhere.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Informative 2

It doesn’t need to be about the Saudis.   The most benign people on Earth could be fronting the money for this and Reed sounds like such an anal douche.  Lot of people have to spend time away from their families a lot more of the year, so don’t hide behind the “I’m not spending enough time with my family because the tour forces me to play so much”.  Just say you were an unhappy thorn in their side for your whining and you want even more money than the organization who enabled you to win millions and millions of dollars.

—Adam

• Administrator

Reed came off the best in his interview group.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. At least he said something. The others waffled. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

24 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

The most benign people on Earth could be fronting the money for this and Reed sounds like such an anal douche.  Lot of people have to spend time away from their families a lot more of the year, so don’t hide behind the “I’m not spending enough time with my family because the tour forces me to play so much”.  Just say you were an unhappy thorn in their side for your whining and you want even more money than the organization who enabled you to win millions and millions of dollars.

I bet a lot of them would love not to have to do that. 

Just because someone is silent does not mean there isn't an issue with how things are handled. It just means that people are not willing to speak up for many reasons.

Just because someone suddenly speaks out it makes him an A-Hole for doing so. 

Maybe he is correct, that the PGA Tour is just shrugging off player concerns. Maybe the players were not willing to speak out because there wasn't another option available to them to be financially secure and not have the PGA Tour try to skrew them over for speaking out. 

I am not saying this to justify them joining LIV. I am just saying that there is a reason why concerns are not voiced and it's complicated. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Matt, Pat Perez blamed the Tour for missing the birth of his child. His card was secure for the next year and he made a choice to play. The tour didn’t force him to play that event.

Sometimes the guys are just idiots and are saying whatever they can to justify their decision.

In fact, they have less choice and freedom now because they are contracted to play when on the PGA Tour it was always a choice which events they played.

26 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I bet a lot of them would love not to have to do that. 

Just because someone is silent does not mean there isn't an issue with how things are handled. It just means that people are not willing to speak up for many reasons.

Just because someone suddenly speaks out it makes him an A-Hole for doing so. 

Maybe he is correct, that the PGA Tour is just shrugging off player concerns. Maybe the players were not willing to speak out because there wasn't another option available to them to be financially secure and not have the PGA Tour try to skrew them over for speaking out. 

I am not saying this to justify them joining LIV. I am just saying that there is a reason why concerns are not voiced and it's complicated. 

So I can get that players might not want to irk the Tour and that they have other commitments, but those other commitments are usually sponsors that they are also getting money for.   Some sliced the numbers and some of the top players were doing 24 tournaments a year while Reed was doing 30.   So his claims he's being forced just don't add up.   If he wants to be a top player and he thinks that playing more will get him that, then it's his choice   If, for him, that's playing competitively more than he likes then it's really on him.

My recollection is that the PGA Tour requires 15 events per year, and that includes the majors. So if family time is what he is really missing then he is playing of his own volition a lot more than he needs to.   In the article he cites that not playing as much means his game might not peak at the right time (majors) and that he can get passed for FedEx points.   For both of those points, the Tour is not forcing him to do anything.  If peaking for the majors is his goal and playing competitive golf is what gets him there....then it's his choice, not the Tour.   If being passed down the FedEX list really bothers you then how is it the Tour's fault that other people have more points.

Maybe he came off better, but I think his arguments just fall apart.  

—Adam

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Matt, Pat Perez blamed the Tour for missing the birth of his child. His card was secure for the next year and he made a choice to play. The tour didn’t force him to play that event.

Sometimes the guys are just idiots and are saying whatever they can to justify their decision.

In fact, they have less choice and freedom now because they are contracted to play when on the PGA Tour it was always a choice which events they played.

I completely agree about Perez.   I thought his comments were ridiculous and tone deaf.   

Wasn't there a push to get players to go to tournaments once every three years minimum.   That's something that I can see players having a legit issue with?   That's where I think an incentive program works better than something like PIP.

—Adam

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Sure. I get that. I mean, his injuries far outweigh any injuries Tiger has dealt with/is dealing with. Ben Hogan would marvel at the tenacity Brooks has shown with his devastating injuries.

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge