IGNORED

Charlie Rymer Says "No Tee Times!"

iacas
Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tee Times Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Tee Times

34 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

see..  there's you problem right there........

When you got a lot of commitments

Haha yeah no joke.  It's tough to balance everything.  Want a lot of family, want to make really good money, and want to have hobbies--it's a tough balancing act!  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it weren't for tee times someone like me who has strictly budgeted time slot and duration due to family obligations would probably finish only half the rounds if had to wait an hour to tee off. 

• Like 1

Vishal S.

Out of touch. Most people don't have unlimited time and slotting out 4-5 hours is hard enough. 

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

What an idiotic opinion. I need to know within +/- 10 minutes when my round is starting, so I can manage my time appropriately for the other responsibilities I have.

I've got two young kids at home, my wife and I both work, our house is a fixer upper so there are countless projects that require my time, plus maybe I want to watch a football game, or make dinner for the family, or do laundry, or see a movie.

Without tee times, I might be able to golf once a month, but likely not at all. Playing 4+ hour rounds is difficult enough without the added uncertainty of not knowing exactly when I might tee off.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

For me, I have access to 9 Public courses within 30 min of my house....…… I rarely schedule a tee time.... I rarely play weekends.

I would think it would depend on your courses and if you are scheduling others to play along.

If I'm away from local - I schedule a Tee time.  Locally, not very often.  Depends on the situation....  I'm by myself a majority of the time, so it's not like I have to wait for others of the course looks full or if there is some kind of event going on.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

17 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

For me, I have access to 9 Public courses within 30 min of my house....…… I rarely schedule a tee time.... I rarely play weekends.

I would think it would depend on your courses and if you are scheduling others to play along.

If I'm away from local - I schedule a Tee time.  Locally, not very often.  Depends on the situation....  I'm by myself a majority of the time, so it's not like I have to wait for others of the course looks full or if there is some kind of event going on.

Greg... but aren't you retired?  And you mowed your lawn yesterday and fixed the toilet float this morning?

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Greg... but aren't you retired?  And you mowed your lawn yesterday and fixed the toilet float this morning?

Unfortunately, still have to go to work to pay for my 24 4 legged children.  Couldn't mow the lawn, mower just cannot push through the 2ft of snow in the yard. (Wife does the mowing, I keep running over things I am not supposed to..... :whistle:) As for the toilet float, that was Friday evening over at the place I have permission to deer and turkey hunt, have to stay in their good graces !!!!  :-D

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

5 hours ago, vonbonds said:

There's a standard rhythm to our club in season. The Dew Sweepers go out at 7am, those are the scratch like players, we all suck so they don't want crap in front of them..lol. I'm in the next wave at 8am called the Misfit Toys which is about 1/3 of the membership and we play your classic big and mandatory internal games...lots of fun and how I've met most of my friends there. There's a lull until 10am and that's when the seniors go out 7 days a week. Casual players go off around 11-2pm or so and then juniors can start going off at 2pm on to 3:30PM depending on what they've been rated for per our junior program bag tag system for them. If you want to play on Friday with work buds make sure you're off before noon as lots of guys take half days around then is when it gets that weekend vibe going.

It works for our club as they've never had tee times apparently since the club was created in 1922. I'm starting my second year now and I haven't seen a problem yet but I get how it can be an issue for huge clubs. I think we have 300 full time male players with an active female and junior programs that have all sorts of set times to play during the week. It just works for us and I love the freedom of getting there knowing I can just whack balls at the range until 1 opens up.

I didn't see this post earlier. But this is nearly identical to what happened at both of the private clubs i was a member of. The better players went out first between 6am-7am, then the riff-raff went out in the second wave, and the juniors and causals went out late morning or afternoon. Nobody ever had set tee times unless they had a guest with them. It just worked. 

I dont know if this is the case at your club, but you had to have caddy or cart if you were going out before 11am on weekends or holidays, but they never made the better player wave do that. Only the second wavers on up. 

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I didn't see this post earlier. But this is nearly identical to what happened at both of the private clubs i was a member of. The better players went out first between 6am-7am, then the riff-raff went out in the second wave, and the juniors and causals went out late morning or afternoon. Nobody ever had set tee times unless they had a guest with them. It just worked. 

I dont know if this is the case at your club, but you had to have caddy or cart if you were going out before 11am on weekends or holidays, but they never made the better player wave do that. Only the second wavers on up. 

"It just worked" because the staff and the membership knew to not bother showing up at those times because they are always taken. What would happen under Charlie's rule if I showed up at 6:15 and expected to play? In his words he would just put me with the "better" players even if I were considered to be the "riff-raff." 

We are talking about no tee times at private clubs.  It looks like a few of us are talking about no tee times at public or semi-private courses, which is not really what Mr. Rymer was popping off about.

Brian Kuehn

I'm talking about private. I'm a member of a private club, and I don't think anyone should be able to show up unannounced, and demand a spot on the golf course just because it's private. With Charlie's way of thinking, no matter how full the course is he will, "find a spot" for you. Crowbarring someone into a full course isn't providing high end service to me.

• Like 1

There is a private club near me that has a very high ranking in all the magazines. They don't take tee times, allow the members to find an open hole to start, and allow groups of more than 4 to play. In fact, the members got upset when the new scorecards came out with space for only 6 players. They also have a strict dress code that won't allow the mock turtles or blade collars that some guys on tour wear. Go figure!

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!