IGNORED

Swing Help, Right Knee Straightens

Matthew62
Note: This thread is 1548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, 

I need help with my swing. After seeing it on video I realize I am straightening my rt knee on my backswing. I am also ending up with my weight on my back foot. I have been struggling with this for a couple 3 years and am having one heck of a time trying to break this bad habit. Any solid tips would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance🙂

31 minutes ago, Matthew62 said:

Hello all, 

I need help with my swing. After seeing it on video I realize I am straightening my rt knee on my backswing. I am also ending up with my weight on my back foot. I have been struggling with this for a couple 3 years and am having one heck of a time trying to break this bad habit. Any solid tips would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance🙂

Matthew... ever thrown a baseball or a football?  When you do and get most of your weight over to your front side at the moment of release you get a lot more power and zip in the baseball/football.  Get to your left side for easy power!  A lot of golfers hang back on the right foot incorrectly and subconsciously thinking that's the best way to get the ball airborne.  Practice in front of a mirror without a club... you should have a good percentage of your weight on the front foot as the hands approach the ball.  Watch a professional tournament closely and mimic any one of the pros.  Another thing you can do, without a ball, is find a fairly steep downhill spot on the range or course.  Practice your swing to get the feeling of shifting/transferring your weight to your front foot.  The forward slope will aid you in doing that and getting the proper feeling.

• iacas changed the title to Swing Help, Right Knee Straightens
  • Administrator

Your trail knee should extend a little during the backswing. Nothing inherently wrong with that, @Matthew62.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!