IGNORED

Lost and Found Items on the Course

Sandy Lie
Note: This thread is 1527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Couple of years ago, over the course of 9 holes, I found 3 PXG irons belonging to same guy.  

As for stupidly leaving stuff at the course...I left my laser rangefinder in the cart after a round at a local course.  Did not realize it till I got home.  I called the course and told them I left it in the cart and even gave them the cart number I was in. They took my number and said if it was turned in, they would call me.  Sure enough, next morning I get a call.  They have my rangefinder.  I went over to pick it up and the pro shop guy told me one of the young cart boys found it and turned it in.  Told him I would like to thank the boy and give him a few bucks.  I was told, that will not be possible.  We had to let him go today because instead of turning it in last night, he took it home with him and then turned it in today.  Because he took it home with him, they fired him.  

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

20 minutes ago, RickK said:

Couple of years ago, over the course of 9 holes, I found 3 PXG irons belonging to same guy.  

As for stupidly leaving stuff at the course...I left my laser rangefinder in the cart after a round at a local course.  Did not realize it till I got home.  I called the course and told them I left it in the cart and even gave them the cart number I was in. They took my number and said if it was turned in, they would call me.  Sure enough, next morning I get a call.  They have my rangefinder.  I went over to pick it up and the pro shop guy told me one of the young cart boys found it and turned it in.  Told him I would like to thank the boy and give him a few bucks.  I was told, that will not be possible.  We had to let him go today because instead of turning it in last night, he took it home with him and then turned it in today.  Because he took it home with him, they fired him.  

That's a sad story.

1 hour ago, RickK said:

You got lucky! My buddy left his Garmin GPS watch in the front compartment of a cart we used. As I was driving home he called me in a panic. Did I have his watch? I did not. I asked him if he had checked all the compartments in the cart before turning it in. He did not! He was still at the course and checked around but, no Garmin! We figure the cart boy got it! 

To make matters worse, that Garmin was a Christmas gift from his Wife, at "great personal expense" to her! So if she found out that he had lost it, his life would have turned to crap! He had to replace it on the QT, and he swore me to secrecy. I can never breathe a word about this to any member of his family, who we play golf with quite regularly! 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

To make matters worse, that Garmin was a Christmas gift from his Wife, at "great personal expense" to her! So if she found out that he had lost it, his life would have turned to crap! He had to replace it on the QT, and he swore me to secrecy. I can never breathe a word about this to any member of his family, who we play golf with quite regularly! 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

spacer.png

Slowly...  Just like unsalted butter.  (from Two and a Half Men)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

My friend and I found a rangefinder left on a green which is a strange place to find something like that. It wasn't one of the expensive brands/models like Bushnell. I think it was a basic Tek Tek Tek. Anyways, we picked it up expecting to run into someone looking for it, or eventually turn it in at the end of the round.

We both have our own rangefinders, but we used the found one to compare to ours (I have a Nexus NX7, my friend has a Nikon), and the distances were the same.

After five or six holes, we suddenly realized we didn't have the found rangefinder anymore. One of us had left it on the course somewhere. So it was lost twice. I hope it made it's way back to the rightful owner.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Two arrow heads in a wash out area after a heavy rain. One in great shape, the others point was missing. I have about thirty from helping on a relatives farm so I gave them to my grand kids. FYI, a plowed field right after a rain is a great place to look.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, RickK said:

We had to let him go today because instead of turning it in last night, he took it home with him and then turned it in today.  Because he took it home with him, they fired him.  

Sounds like they knew who dealt with the cart after you'd finished and asked him after you rang. 

Why would he take it home? He got busted.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, Mr22putt said:

spacer.png

Oh, he's hardly henpecked. He can play golf any time he wants, and she, as well as the rest of the family, have been instructed that all Christmas and birthday presents shall be golf related! All I will say is this. Were the roles reversed, her life would have turned to crap as well! Spend a couple hundy plus on a gift and the recipient loses it? That would really piss me off!

Many, many years ago, when I wasn't quite as patient on a golf course, I hit an approach shot into a pond short of the green. I dutifully went up to the spot where my ball crossed the hazard line and dropped another ball. I pulled out my trusty sand wedge, which I always hit close (back then) and proceeded to duff the brand new ball into the pond, followed shortly by my sand wedge. 

Five years later, the pond was being dredged and the greenkeeper also happened to dredge up my sand wedge and offered it back to me. Funny guy.

Bill M

2 hours ago, phan52 said:

Five years later, the pond was being dredged and the greenkeeper also happened to dredge up my sand wedge and offered it back to me. Funny guy.

Good story.  How did the greenskeeper know the sand wedge was yours???  Were your exploits legendary at that course?

This isn't what I found, it's what I lost.  I left a 7 iron on a green at my home course.  When I went into clubhouse the next day to ask if it had been turned in the kid behind the counter asked what club I was looking for.  When I told him my 7 iron he replied, "Oh, I have one of them, I would have turned it in".  So I assume that if he found a club that he did not have, he would keep it. 

So guys that have lost anything on the course, consider yourself very lucky to ever get it back with people playing behind you with that kid's attitude.

18 minutes ago, teamplayer2 said:

So guys that have lost anything on the course, consider yourself very lucky to ever get it back with people playing behind you with that kid's attitude.

Very few golfers who couldn't do better with a couple more Vokeys in their bag.  Those things never get turned in...

21 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Good story.  How did the greenskeeper know the sand wedge was yours???  Were your exploits legendary at that course?

Still had the label with my name on it. Plus, he knew I did it, we were pretty good friends. 

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Very few golfers who couldn't do better with a couple more Vokeys in their bag.  Those things never get turned in...

Off topic, but I just demoed a couple of new ones last weekend. Wow, what a difference from my 7 year old Vokeys. 

Bill M

Note: This thread is 1527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!