IGNORED

Driver Tech

Note: This thread is 1506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, dickson66 said:

were you always a long hitter ?

or did you see improvement from

equipment and ball speeds from using

technology feed back

Does it show up on a real course

my experience shows less than indoor facilities

I'd say I've always had above average distance for a shitty golfer lol I was a college baseball player who has stayed in shape I've driven my share of 300+ yard greens (as well as topped more than my share of drives) but never really took getting better seriously until this offseason @ncates00 actually gave me some incredible help and using that my ball striking has gotten much better but the G400 definitely helped increase my ball speed. With my old driver I would always swing my guts out and hope for the best and my occasional clean strikes went far and from what I'm seeing now that'd be about 160MPH ball speed but this new driver and a more consistent swing has had me consistently about 10MPH higher (if the simulator is really giving me accurate numbers). Unfortunately I live in Michigan so I'm a few months from stepping on a course but I can tell it'll be an improvement from hitting range balls and just the feel. I'm not expecting the kind of numbers I've seen on the simulator I've had some 310+ yard carries in the sim which is absurd I'm not dense enough to think that is the reality but it's always nice to see tangible improvement. 

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

LM stands for either lousy metrics or launch monitor.

Ah I'm a freight manager so when I see LM i can't not see loadmaster lol I am not sure I'll have to ask next time it's not a trackman or one of the movable ones it's built in to the setup with slots in front of the ball that reads from underneath. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, ncates00 said:

What LM are you running?

It says TRUGOLF on the readout, so I’m going to guess that’s it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

It says TRUGOLF on the readout, so I’m going to guess that’s it.

I don't know anything about simulators are those fairly accurate?

i use the blue. radar sport sensor

my numbers are 90, 101, 121, 134, 153

with my 3 hybrid,,, How is that possible?

So i made some inquiries 

I started getting pro ‘s to test the sports 

sensor.

Using their driver, here are the numbers

109.. 35 year old teaching pro

119... 25 year old teaching pro

Amateurs: 

132. 22 years old  (3) handicap 

conclusion: my numbers were affected

by the 119 swing speed  the pro put into

the sensor.

I kept digging.

I put the sports sensor up against

flight scope.. A 100,000 unit at A famous

Golf Academy 

Results:  flight scope was 5 mph slower

I contacted the company

They told me to shut it down and delete 

the data.

My new numbers

100-111 

Make your own assumptions!

2 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

I don't know anything about simulators are those fairly accurate?

I have no idea. Never heard of it until now.

Do the numbers reflect what you see on the course?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, dickson66 said:

i use the blue. radar sport sensor

my numbers are 90, 101, 121, 134, 153

with my 3 hybrid,,, How is that possible?

So i made some inquiries 

I started getting pro ‘s to test the sports 

sensor.

Using their driver, here are the numbers

109.. 35 year old teaching pro

119... 25 year old teaching pro

Amateurs: 

132. 22 years old  (3) handicap 

conclusion: my numbers were affected

by the 119 swing speed  the pro put into

the sensor.

I kept digging.

I put the sports sensor up against

flight scope.. A 100,000 unit at A famous

Golf Academy 

Results:  flight scope was 5 mph slower

I contacted the company

They told me to shut it down and delete 

the data.

My new numbers

100-111 

Make your own assumptions!

I've said multiple times in this thread now that I'm not pretending that the numbers are accurate this thread is all about the improvement I saw in a club that I purchased, hence it being in the club section lol 

21 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

I'd say I've always had above average distance for a shitty golfer lol I was a college baseball player who has stayed in shape I've driven my share of 300+ yard greens (as well as topped more than my share of drives) but never really took getting better seriously until this offseason @ncates00 actually gave me some incredible help and using that my ball striking has gotten much better but the G400 definitely helped increase my ball speed. With my old driver I would always swing my guts out and hope for the best and my occasional clean strikes went far and from what I'm seeing now that'd be about 160MPH ball speed but this new driver and a more consistent swing has had me consistently about 10MPH higher (if the simulator is really giving me accurate numbers). Unfortunately I live in Michigan so I'm a few months from stepping on a course but I can tell it'll be an improvement from hitting range balls and just the feel. I'm not expecting the kind of numbers I've seen on the simulator I've had some 310+ yard carries in the sim which is absurd I'm not dense enough to think that is the reality but it's always nice to see tangible improvement. 

Ah I'm a freight manager so when I see LM i can't not see loadmaster lol I am not sure I'll have to ask next time it's not a trackman or one of the movable ones it's built in to the setup with slots in front of the ball that reads from underneath. 

The g400 is certainly a good driver.  I saw big increases when I went from my covert 2.0 to the Rogue.  I have the Epic Flash now, but it's about the same as the Rogue I had.

Also, glad to help.  You've certainly got talent and power.  Get the motion down and you'll be playing some fantastic, consistent golf methinks.  I look forward to seeing your progress in your other thread.  

also @billchao, I've heard of it; I think Spieth uses the TRUGOLF.  But I  don't know anything in particular about that LM.  

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I have no idea. Never heard of it until now.

Do the numbers reflect what you see on the course?

The iron distances are right on my PW carries 150 9I 165ish 8I 175ish 7I 190ish and so on but from what I've heard from other people that play on simulators there are different settings you can put in so it reads different from irons to woods? But that was in a different thread on here I'd have to go back and find it to see exactly what they said.

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The g400 is certainly a good driver.  I saw big increases when I went from my covert 2.0 to the Rogue.  I have the Epic Flash now, but it's about the same as the Rogue I had.

Also, glad to help.  You've certainly got talent and power.  Get the motion down and you'll be playing some fantastic, consistent golf methinks.  I look forward to seeing your progress in your other thread.  

also @billchao, I've heard of it; I think Spieth uses the TRUGOLF.  But I  don't know anything in particular about that LM.  

Thank you I certainly did my research before shelling out 300+ for it lol the dude who was watching had an epic flash actually and had us hit it only one swing but ball speed was low 170s about the same as my good G400 swings but all the reviews seem to say that's the top driver right now. I'm actually putting together a new swing video right now it'll be up within the hour i think you'll be impressed comparing it to my first video just a couple weeks ago lol still struggling with the disconnected takeaway and need to stabilize my head more but my path is much better I think. 

Here's my most recent swing video for anyone curious enough to check it out. Yes, I'm hitting balled up pieces of paper wrapped in tape in my bedroom. It's Michigan gotta work with whatcha got lol

• Like 1

Lugo,

thanks for responding:

I believe your numbers 

I have seen 295 carries on our Flight Scope

Simulators. by our pros and low amateur 

golfers.

I have witnessed club head speed s with the new improvement irons by 10-15 mph 

ball speeds. compared to prior 2005

I have spent over 6 months using indoor

simulators. 

Here are some facts 

Good Fundamentals with your swing

meaning correct bio mechanics,right sequence 

good tempo, rhythm , 

You can manipulate the computer by

adding wind, and elevation

But , i believe this not. the case here!

Just now, dickson66 said:

I believe your numbers 

I have seen 295 carries on our Flight Scope

Simulators. by our pros and low amateur 

golfers.

yes, he swings like a BEAST.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

Not sure what LM stands for but thank you! 

Not far at all I'm from Mayville but the simulator we play on is in Lapeer! Have to meet up for a round sometime this summer... whenever that gets here lol

I'm 12 miles from Lapeer.   Steve, the owner, is a great guy.   My wife works in Lapeer.

Edited by dennyjones
  • Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I'm 12 miles from Lapeer.   Steve, the owner, is a great guy.   My wife works in Lapeer.

Yeah Steve is awesome! My friend Aaron lives right in town we play the country club fairly often in the summer but we've been doing the simulator every Saturday with Steve for the past like 6 weeks. Small world, my mom and sister both work in Lapeer my mom has worked at the Kroger there for like 30 years now lol

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!