IGNORED

How did golf change your life?

davidrichards
Note: This thread is 1536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

I used to get up weekend mornings and go fishing, now i get up weekend morning and go golfing. That's about it

So you fish in the afternoons now?😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can't say it changed my life, but it is a part of who I am. I took up golf after my baseball career came to an end with an arm injury. It allows me to compete, which is something important to me. Additionally, most of my friends I have made on the golf course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Actually like a previous poster said "it's always been part of my life". But it did change my life in one regard. My first wife was what I would call "an inside girl". Meaning she liked to do things inside (go the mall, movies, restaurants, etc.).  We ended up getting a divorce because I am an "outside guy".  We just liked different things. So when I started dating again, I looked for an outside girl. I've been married to her for 22 years. She likes to play golf, go fishing, camping etc. Best move I ever made. That changed my life. She is my best golfing buddy. This week-end I told her we should go to Pebble Beach and stay for a few days and play,  her response was, "okay I'll look into it this week for sometime in April". Does it get any better than that?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Both my wife and I took up golf 8 years ago. The first non Child activity we do together. We look forward to our golf time on the weekends and have started golf vacationing with family members.

We've both met great people and it is definitely keeping us more active as we get older. 

At about the time I started playing golf, around age 35, the idea of continuing to try to play hockey on even the most modest level was getting stupid. On weekends, I was mostly loafing other than getting a few household chores done. I'd hit Monday and think about how I wasted my weekend, yet not really have a better idea the next time around.  

When a friend introduced my to golf, it gave me a good reason to go to bed and wake up at a decent time on the weekends. Even as I've struggled to play semi-competent golf, it gives me something to look forward to through the work week.  After playing at my home course for a few years, I eventually got to know the guys and even like some of them.

This will be my eighth year playing. My lack of physical ability will probably never permit me to play as well as I'd like, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather do.

During my "productive" years I golfed maybe twice a month. Before escaping from SoCal I did join a Country Club and played a bit more but now as a Grandpa golf is something I can do (typically) without getting injured so now 3 times a week. Live in an active adult community with golf & elbow bending as the primary social venues. 

1 hour ago, OB IKNOWTHEE said:

During my "productive" years I golfed maybe twice a month. Before escaping from SoCal I did join a Country Club and played a bit more but now as a Grandpa golf is something I can do (typically) without getting injured so now 3 times a week. Live in an active adult community with golf & elbow bending as the primary social venues. 

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!