IGNORED

Phone Camera Insanity at Tournaments

leftybutnotPM
Note: This thread is 1515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are you a Renaissance Man there Nevets?  First Robert Frost poetry and now the Louvre!

And he is a foodie! :-)

I don't think I would use my iPhone to take pictures during a shot. I may take pics of the course for the site, but I want to see, hear, feel what these players are doing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

The problem with rules and laws is whether or not they can be enforced.

Imagine the scenes if people were asked to hand over their personal devices. It would cause more problems than it solved.

To me, the more worrying thing is that people are missing out on the experience of actually being there. It's not about the player, it's about the photographer. Really, who is interested in your shot of player x? Or your crappy picture of the Mona Lisa? It's just a pathetic quest for personal validation; I was there, so I must be important.... or at least, exist.

DeCartes famously once said, "I think, therefore I am".

Nowadays many people don't think, so they need selfies and a photographic record of their lives to prove their existence.

17 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

The above picture seems fake or Photoshopped. I was in Paris in 2008....the Mona Lisa is a very small picture...the above makes it look fairly large....like 3'x4'...it's maybe 1/2 that size.

I don't know about that particular picture, but the scene was very much like what I encountered at the Hermitage in St. Petersburg.  We could hardly see either of the Da Vinci paintings with our eyes because so many people were taking crappy distorted pictures and selfies with their phones.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

4 minutes ago, turtleback said:

DeCartes famously once said, "I think, therefore I am".

Nowadays many people don't think, so they need selfies and a photographic record of their lives to prove their existence.

I thought it was "I drink, therefor I am"?

Rene DeCartes was a crusty old fart,

I drink therefor I am...

Or was that a rugby song? :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Went to the St. Louis BattleHawks XFL home opener on Sunday. Among the things you can't bring into the stadium: air horns and selfie sticks.

(BattleHawks defeated NY Guardians 29-9!!!).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought it was "I drink, therefor I am"?

Rene DeCartes was a crusty old fart,

I drink therefor I am...

Or was that a rugby song? :-P

But Descartes was OK. 😃 DeCartes wasa Rugby player.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Went to the St. Louis BattleHawks XFL home opener on Sunday. Among the things you can't bring into the stadium: air horns and selfie sticks.

(BattleHawks defeated NY Guardians 29-9!!!).

Is Kurt Warner the quarterback?

18 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are you a Renaissance Man there Nevets?  First Robert Frost poetry and now the Louvre!

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Is Kurt Warner the quarterback?

No. The QB pairing is a curious mix:

• #10  Ta'Amu Jordan (6-2 | 221 lbs). from U. of Mississippi (Ole' Miss)
  • #4 Nick Fitzgerald  (6-5 | 227 lbs.) from Mississippi State

The two started against each other twice in their annual Egg Bowl.

In 2017, Fitzgerald went down with a leg injury in the first quarter, and Jordan hit for two long TB passes in the second half to spark a 31-28 upset of 16th ranked MS State.

In 2018, Fitzgerald and crew struck back for a 35-3 trouncing of Ole' Miss.

Styles:

In 2018, Fitzgerald passed for 1767 yards (51% completion) for 16 TD and 9 Ints. Also rushed for 1121 yards and 13 TD, 5.1 YPC average.

In 2018, Jordan passed for 3918 yards (62% completions) for 19 TD and 8 Int. / Also rushed for 342 yards and 6 TD, a 2.9 YPC average.

================

This year Jordan has been a better rusher than in college, and is a solid overall QB. Fitzgerald comes in on short yardage, either pounding it ahead or flipping a play-action from the Wildcat.

Curiously, the BattleHawks offense reminds me of an SEC team: Power running and zone reads, mixed with play-action and screen passes.

In case you're wondering... I'm a Mizzou Tiger fan!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

19 hours ago, WUTiger said:

No. The QB pairing is a curious mix:

• #10  Ta'Amu Jordan (6-2 | 221 lbs). from U. of Mississippi (Ole' Miss)
  • #4 Nick Fitzgerald  (6-5 | 227 lbs.) from Mississippi State

The two started against each other twice in their annual Egg Bowl.

In 2017, Fitzgerald went down with a leg injury in the first quarter, and Jordan hit for two long TB passes in the second half to spark a 31-28 upset of 16th ranked MS State.

In 2018, Fitzgerald and crew struck back for a 35-3 trouncing of Ole' Miss.

Styles:

In 2018, Fitzgerald passed for 1767 yards (51% completion) for 16 TD and 9 Ints. Also rushed for 1121 yards and 13 TD, 5.1 YPC average.

In 2018, Jordan passed for 3918 yards (62% completions) for 19 TD and 8 Int. / Also rushed for 342 yards and 6 TD, a 2.9 YPC average.

================

This year Jordan has been a better rusher than in college, and is a solid overall QB. Fitzgerald comes in on short yardage, either pounding it ahead or flipping a play-action from the Wildcat.

Curiously, the BattleHawks offense reminds me of an SEC team: Power running and zone reads, mixed with play-action and screen passes.

In case you're wondering... I'm a Mizzou Tiger fan!

OT

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 2/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, leftybutnotPM said:

How many times in your life are you going to be standing 10 feet away from Mickelson while he's hitting a shot?

Maybe he'd been following him all 4 days of a tournament and got tired of watching Phil miss fairways and chunk it back on. 

Maybe his PGA Tour groupie Dad drags him all over the place to follow Phil and he's seen thousands of Phil flop shots.

At what point does it stop being a sacred experience? 

1 hour ago, ryanarneson said:

Maybe he'd been following him all 4 days of a tournament and got tired of watching Phil miss fairways and chunk it back on. 

Maybe his PGA Tour groupie Dad drags him all over the place to follow Phil and he's seen thousands of Phil flop shots.

At what point does it stop being a sacred experience? 

Which why I wrote:

Might've been a long day for them, but you see adults doing the same thing all the time.

Note: This thread is 1515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!