Jump to content
snapfade

Spring Training 2020, Anyone Coming Down?

6 posts / 471 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

To add to the snowbird collection, the Spring Training crowd is headed down here. Pitcher's and catchers show up this week with workouts starting the weekend and the first game is on the 21st. Any one coming down?

 

orioles2014_1.jpg

Here is the Grapefruit League 2020 schedule, focused on the 15 MLB teams training in Florida's Gulf Coast, Tampa Bay area and the Treasure Coast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I used to go to a lot of games but the ticket prices have become so expensive I don't go much anymore. It actually costs more to go to a spring training game than a regular season game (at least here in Tampa).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I used to go to a lot of games but the ticket prices have become so expensive I don't go much anymore. It actually costs more to go to a spring training game than a regular season game (at least here in Tampa).

We went to a Philly's game last year and it took 4 hours to get there which is usually 2 hrs to Tampa from where we live. We had the Nationals here until 2016 was the last season before they moved I think. Ill probably go down and see the Marlins/Met's and whoever they are playing. I look for a deal, and usually can be found if not a "popular" team. They jack the prices up for the marquee match-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

They jack the prices up for the marquee match-ups.

Definitely not the Tigers....not a chance I'd waste time and money to see them.   I'm bringing my golf clubs instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/11/2020 at 9:44 PM, dennyjones said:

Definitely not the Tigers....not a chance I'd waste time and money to see them.   I'm bringing my golf clubs instead.

They're terrible but Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland is among my favorites. Classic spring training ballpark. And the home of the best concession item(s) I've ever had at any stadium. There was a young guy with a tomato soup and grilled cheese booth. Just terrific. He told me it doesn't matter how hot the place gets (and it was hot that day) he sells out early.

Bradenton and Sarasota are fun ballparks as well. The Twins' place in Ft. Myers is my favorite of the more modern parks I've been to. Loved the two wisecracking old gents serving beer shakes. We had planned to see the new Nats/Astros complex this year but a family thing is sending us north instead. Maybe next year.

Edited by commishbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2020 at 1:25 AM, commishbob said:

They're terrible but Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland is among my favorites. Classic spring training ballpark. And the home of the best concession item(s) I've ever had at any stadium. There was a young guy with a tomato soup and grilled cheese booth. Just terrific. He told me it doesn't matter how hot the place gets (and it was hot that day) he sells out early.

Bradenton and Sarasota are fun ballparks as well. The Twins' place in Ft. Myers is my favorite of the more modern parks I've been to. Loved the two wisecracking old gents serving beer shakes. We had planned to see the new Nats/Astros complex this year but a family thing is sending us north instead. Maybe next year.

For me, regardless of how a team did last season, there is something about Spring Training that gets me excited. Ill go see just about anyone if I get a good deal on the tickets. Its just cool. I have never been to Lakeland so that might be on the list, thanks for your recommendation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...