IGNORED

How Noise Sensitive Are You?

Sandy Lie
Note: This thread is 1532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Noise generally doesn't bother me. I don't know how many times I have hit a shot and someone says "sorry about that" (maybe dropping a club or rattling a club in their bag) and I have no idea what they are talking about. Didn't hear it. 

But in the last year, some younger members have started a habit of playing music loudly on their phones during a round. It carries to other holes and I have to admit it really annoys me and I am not alone. There may be a confrontation about it soon. The Golf Committee wants to ban it but they haven't done so yet. 

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have to laugh sometimes. I play with guys who get driven mad by anyone talking, but there is a field nearby with a bird scarer that sounds like an atom bomb. Strangely enough they have never mentioned the bird scarer

- Simon Hornsby

I also find it interesting the difference in a casual round versus a Tournament.  Tournament rounds tend to have very few or no issues on noise within the group. That is unless you have a person that doesn’t play in many tournaments and doesn’t get it.  I experienced a guy on the very first tee that kept talking.  So I backed off the ball and stared at him.  Then I went and took my stance and he did it again.  So I stopped once more, stared and took two steps towards him. Finally the starter wised up and intervened and said “Quiet on the tee box”.  That’s all it took, he was fine the rest of the day.  He also learned that no one was very chatty on the tee boxes and the green.  Walking and talking was fine.

Noise doesn’t bother me. Heck, playing in the San Diego area you have military-commercial-general aviation. Life flight, police helicopters, sometimes Cal-Fire too. Then you have ambulance and police sirens and general traffic noises. 
   Then there are the guys that whine when a gnat passes gas

Edited by chilepepper

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only noise that seems to bother me is loud music.  When i can hear it from 3 holes away I feel it is too loud.  In my opinion, if someone wants to play music, wear ear buds so as not to annoy other golfers on the course.

Note: This thread is 1532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!