nevets88

2020 Genesis Invitational

28 posts / 1508 viewsLast Reply

I thought Tiger might do something here the way he started out, but he's sitting at even par after two rounds. For whatever reason he's never done well at Riviera. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When Tiger was briefly T2 on Thursday I texted someone excitedly. Everything since then as been my fault. 

7 hours ago, jamo said:

When Tiger was briefly T2 on Thursday I texted someone excitedly. Everything since then as been my fault. 

Almost surely.

16 hours ago, jamo said:

Not JUST you. The worm's eye view on TV of a 6 footer from behind the putter can add quite a few to a player's final score. Those putts are always going to miss, no matter who it is.:-)

Edited by leftybutnotPM

Tigers only 15 shots back. He's got a shot. Has a better chance of playing pick up sticks with his butt cheeks, but he's got a shot.

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

Tigers only 15 shots back. He's got a shot. Has a better chance of playing pick up sticks with his butt cheeks, but he's got a shot.

He’d really have to activate his glutes.

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Hahahaha..

20 hours ago, jamo said:

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Lol I remember that.

Lots of wild scorecards amongst the leaders. Birdies and bogeys and doubles and eagles. 

I bought pga tour live to watch Cat on thurs/fri after he started going low on the front nine Thursday.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- as much as I love getting to see Tiger  during this stretch of the season, I kind of wish he would forego the west coast swing for the sake of his health. It’s too cold along the Pacific this time of year for his back/joints- 45 degrees when he teed of Friday isn’t what his body needs. 

11 hours ago, skydog said:

I bought pga tour live to watch Cat on thurs/fri after he started going low on the front nine Thursday.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- as much as I love getting to see Tiger  during this stretch of the season, I kind of wish he would forego the west coast swing for the sake of his health. It’s too cold along the Pacific this time of year for his back/joints- 45 degrees when he teed of Friday isn’t what his body needs. 

They should have a Northern Swing this time of year. Play indoor golf like the rest of us suckers.

I have been looking at irons all winter, but I have been told three times that the launch monitors are not that accurate. Here they are short, so are the one’s on TV long? Are they really hitting that Maverick 345 yards?

2 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

I have been looking at irons all winter, but I have been told three times that the launch monitors are not that accurate. Here they are short, so are the one’s on TV long? Are they really hitting that Maverick 345 yards?

What launch monitors are you talking about and who told you that?

They are using Trackman for the launch characteristics they show on TV like ball speed, carry, etc. so yes some of the longer hitters can absolutely reach 345 yards and Trackman is one of the top end launch monitors that exists right now especially when used outside to track the entire ball flight so yes I'd say it is very accurate. 

Since nobody else seems to want to talk about anything other than the guy who finished DFL of those who made the cut, allow me to be the one to congratulate Adam Scott on a solid win!

Rory had a good tournament too, until the wheels fell off halfway through the front 9 on Sunday.