IGNORED

LPGA: The Good Ole Days? Have You Stopped Watching?

Indy1954
Note: This thread is 1498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

So its ok with the moderator for someone to click quote, then remove the quote and write in what ever they want. That way when others read the quote, they'll think the person wrote that when they didn't.

That's no way to run a forum

Ummmmm… enjoy your timeout.

That’s not how that works at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

So its ok with the moderator for someone to click quote, then remove the quote and write in what ever they want. That way when others read the quote, they'll think the person wrote that when they didn't.

It's actually FIFY (fixed it for you), FTFY (fixed that for you). 

It's an obvious and blatant indication that the person replying made modification.  It's the most up front way to make a point.

Seriously, look it up.  No one thinks you wrote that when the replier does a FIFY.  It's a type of commentary device on social media.

It's literally used as - "I'm going to modify your words to demonstrate how they came across to me".  All you have to do is note that they replier got you completely wrong with that if you find their interpretation distasteful.

I'm not a fan of it, it's usually derogatory.  But it's the same as someone just changing the quote in stealth mode.  This is the opposite of stealth - it literally signals that the words are not yours anymore.

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Indy... (though you may be in timeout)... what do you have against Asian women?

god man, I just took a sip of Dr Pepper and about laughed out loud.

Dr P is too much the nectar of heaven to waste on a computer monitor

Bill - 

3 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

god man, I just took a sip of Dr Pepper and about laughed out loud.

Dr P is too much the nectar of heaven to waste on a computer monitor

Sorry Bill... just send your invoice to Indy for the cleaning of your monitor.

33 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

I removed your last post because it was political. Read the rules and grow up. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Indy1954 said:

When some do not have a appropriate reply they fall back on their crutch playing the race card, that's sad.

Someone's putting words into my mouth again. I never said Asians shouldn't play the LPGA. What I said was I'm not gona watch the LPGA when all they show is Asians players, I want to at least see some fan favorite players even if they are not playing well. That's what the PGA does.

It gets old reading post where other twists my words.

You need to research the term "Confirmation Bias".

The players you want to watch were has beens or never weres.

It is very possible that one of the reasons why LPGA events are not as popular as you would like them to be is that the powers that be tried to push a futile narrative that people like Natalie Gulbis were actually good players and they ignored (or paid less attention to)  the outstanding players and interesting characters of Asian descent.

There are plenty of "appropriate" replies to your posts. You just don't like them.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to see a certain type of player.

I don't actually enjoy watching players with red hair, tanned skin, or glasses. I have a a particular set against players with weak looking biceps and small calf muscles. Never liked Huh, Kim or Finau.  I think that tall, blonde players in the mould of Johnny Miller should be given preference on Tour and the coverage should represent them more than those who happen to be doing well. 

Now....does that paragraph seem reasonable?

Would I be deserving of criticism if I truly held those beliefs?

People "twisting your words" are merely clarifying your ideas. :-)

Edited by leftybutnotPM

I think one of the things that the LPGA struggles with, that the PGA doesn't have to be concerned with just came up the other day. I saw on some golf blog someplace that Ai Miyazato was going to be a coach on the Japanese Olympic Team. (Assuming the Olympics happens... but that's another thread.) 

Anyhoo… My wife and I are like "Hey, we remember Ai!" … "We met her way back when she was either the World's Number one or close to it." It was way back in 2010. Both of us wondered what she's been up to. Well, as it turns out she left the sport to go make babies and build a family for her and her husband. 

One thing the PGA doesn't have to deal with still young players leaving the sport to have babies. I'm not saying that men won't become distracted while they start to build a family. But distracted is one thing. The physical ability to play golf is much more literally changed for a woman when she's having babies. 

I very literally played golf the day my son was born. My wife, on the other hand, was in no condition to do so. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Upvote 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

The Golf Channel and the TV networks cover the leaders because they are the leaders no matter which country they come from...yes we'll see a lot of Asian LPGA players covered...especially on the weekend...because a lot of Asian LPGA pros are often in contention.

GC and the networks are not  going to cover favorite US LPGA pros just to appease US viewers because they also want to satisfy the Asia TV viewers because TV networks in countries like S. Korea and Japan pay GC and the US networks a lot of money for the TV feed.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Anyhoo… My wife and I are like "Hey, we remember Ai!" … "We met her way back when she was either the World's Number one or close to it." It was way back in 2010. Both of us wondered what she's been up to. Well, as it turns out she left the sport to go make babies and build a family for her and her husband. 

One thing the PGA doesn't have to deal with still young players leaving the sport to have babies. I'm not saying that men won't become distracted while they start to build a family. But distracted is one thing. The physical ability to play golf is much more literally changed for a woman when she's having babies. 

I very literally played golf the day my son was born. My wife, on the other hand, was in no condition to do so. 

The more notable LPGA was Lorena Ochoa who walked away from the LPGA to have kids and raise her family...she has more than enough Hall of Fame points....but isn't qualified for the HOF because she has not met the 10 years of LPGA tenure requirement.

Yes many pros like Stacy Lewis, Lincicome, Piller, Lang, Wie (but also injuries too)  etc have all taken mat leave to be away from the game to have their children....many of these pros never regain their form due to many reasons...age, lower motivation and practice time, different priorities, etc, etc

Annika stepped away because she was starting to get injured and start a family....I think her desire had also left her...I saw her in Portland in 2008...she had lost the fire in her eyes.

3 hours ago, rehmwa said:

I'm not voting at all until we get a Paige Spiranac channel.  m'kay

Don't forget about the Muni He channel...lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I also liked shows like The Big Break.... I'm not sure if that's still on. Although, I will say that the big break used to be kind of annoying when it would get into all the personal stuff and the house life things. I personally wanted to see them break plate glass and have interesting skills competition.

I also enjoyed The Big Break...guys like Double D and Brian Skatel are LEGENDS.

They stopped BB production because it was too costly.

I have chatted with quite a few BB female contestants...they often would come up north to play on the now defunct Canadian Women's tour.

You might not have liked the BB DRAMA...but that DRAMA is what attracted viewership.

A female contestant told me there was basically booze available close to 24/7...especially before the confessionals....they wanted the contestants to be tipsy and loose lipped prior to the confessionals to amp up the DRAMA factor.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Ummmmm… enjoy your timeout.

That’s not how that works at all.

Kinda surprised you didn't hand him his time out yesterday.

38 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Don't forget about the Muni He channel...lol.

For those not in the know.

Lily-Muni-He-595x326.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

26 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

The more notable LPGA was Lorena Ochoa who walked away from the LPGA to have kids and raise her family...she has more than enough Hall of Fame points....but isn't qualified for the HOF because she has not met the 10 years of LPGA tenure requirement.

Yes, Lorena would have been a better example. I remember seeing her play in person a few times. I would consider myself a fan. She was playing in the same tournament at which my wife and I met Ai. We didn't actually meet Lorena.

I used Ai as the example, because I remember when I met her. It was interesting because she was either ranked number 1, or pretty close to it at the time, yet it felt like the crowd barely knew who she was. In fairness at the time everyone had Michelle Wie fever. The crowd following Michelle was, in relative terms, akin to the crowds who followed Tiger on the mens side. I really thought Ai was going to be a star on the LPGA. She had game, a great personality, charming smile, and was smart enough to learn English in like a matter of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, snapfade said:

For those not in the know.

Lily-Muni-He-595x326.jpg

Muni is Chinese Paige Spiranac....though Muni has her LPGA card/membership....Paige is simply a Instagram golfing POSER....and whiner...just sayin.

Ok...Muni is an Instagram POSER too.

I hope I can attend the 2020 CP CWO here in Van City and chat up a fellow countrywoman. I didn't know who she was back in 2012...but Muni use to play out of Swaneset here in La La Land...a 36 hole facility that I play often in the summer with 2 tough tracks.

He's a video of Muni as a kid at Swaneset.....Muni needs counselling...her favorite player is the The Phony Pink Diva...WTF.

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yes, Lorena would have been a better example. I remember seeing her play in person a few times. I would consider myself a fan. She was playing in the same tournament at which my wife and I met Ai. We didn't actually meet Lorena.

I used Ai as the example, because I remember when I met her. It was interesting because she was either ranked number 1, or pretty close to it at the time, yet it felt like the crowd barely knew who she was. In fairness at the time everyone had Michelle Wie fever. The crowd following Michelle was, in relative terms, akin to the crowds who followed Tiger on the mens side. I really thought Ai was going to be a star on the LPGA. She had game, a great personality, charming smile, and was smart enough to learn English in like a matter of weeks. 

Ai-Chan and Lorena are two of the most classiest and approachable LPGA pros. Both always so engaging and polite.

If a fan asked Lorena for an autograph she always thanked that fan for coming out to watch.

I don't like Wie...big snob....if there was a needle mover on the LPGA..... it was Wie...Wie never really like engaging with the fans...she like some other pros know when the cameras are nearby.....BJ is a MARKETING GENIUS...conning everyone that Michelle would be the 'chosen one' in woman's golf....LMAO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colin007 said:

This thread is sorely lacking a down vote feature...

tongue thumbs down GIF
The Office Thumbs Down GIF

joaquin phoenix thumbs down GIF

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!