IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

cspell
Note: This thread is 1241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

They mentioned drones many times on the broadcast....pretty sure they were drone shots.

I think they’re using cable cams on some holes, but not on all of them for sure, nowhere for the cables to go. Pretty sure there is a camera on a cable on #16, though. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow....So awesome to see DJ like that. Never see the wanna be Brooks like that. New respect for DJ. Great win!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 bogeys all week. Previous lowest for a week was 5. Conditions were as easy as they have ever been at Augusta but it there are always bogeys out there to be made. DJ was about as mistake free as he could be while still playing aggressive enough to set the scoring record. Yesterday’s round with fairways and GIR was one of the best rounds I’ve ever seen. He shot a fairly easy 68 today. Fantastic week!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

It would have been nice to watch the whole winner's ceremony online instead of getting cut off. Live feed goes dead it's over if you aren't caught up.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Congrats DJ. Well earned. Made it look easy, but as we well know, it’s not.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Im is a steady player. Doesn’t seem to get phased, but has had a few pulls that have cost him.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Not enough personality?

He looks like a gas station attendant and his head and neck are about 17x bigger than would fit his body

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Love DJ. He might be the dumbest badass in sports.

Colin P.

5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the strokes gained stats for this Masters?

Maybe datagolf?

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DewSweeper09 said:

DJ is playing unconscious and will break the record today 

I think the record gets an asterisk, not the win.

4 hours ago, khalespace said:

These are not drone shots. They are skycams on cables.

They use both this week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, Beastie said:

Is the 12th at Augusta the best par 3 in golf??

I don’t get it. It’s just like 17 at the TPC it should be the easiest hole on the course. I played it a couple times as a 17 handicap and I’m -1 under. Just gets in the pros heads somehow 

Edited by VOX

I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but I really like that there were no fans.  Got a very different view of the course without the fairways and greens lined by throngs of fans.

Yes, if I could go on person I would, in a heartbeat. But to watch on TV I prefer no fans.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

How come?

The course was never softer.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

The course was never softer.

So, do you also put an asterisk by Zach Johnson's win in 2007 because it was played in a hurricane (mild exaggeration)? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, do you also put an asterisk by Zach Johnson's win in 2007 because it was played in a hurricane (mild exaggeration)? 

No. It wasn’t this soft and it was played in April.

I told you it wasn’t about the win, just the scoring.

These really aren’t that bad, but still entertaining:

1 minute ago, iacas said:

No. It wasn’t this soft and it was played in April.

I told you it wasn’t about the win, just the scoring.

To this point - when Tiger was -18 in 1997, the next closest player was at -6. -20 is nice, but it’s not winning by 12. 

• Like 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I enjoyed watching today and I liked it without the fans. It was nice not to have some drunk yelling "In the hooooole" on every other shot. It is a visually beautiful course and it was nice to see what felt like more golf than commercials.

Impressed with DJ's play and he seemed a very gracious and thankful winner. Good for him. Also great play by Sungjae and Cameron. Though they couldn't reach DJ they did hang in well under the pressure, I thought. Also, kudos to the low AM Ogletree. It must have been great to play at the Masters with Tiger and make the cut to play on the weekend. A dream come true. Good job!

Note: This thread is 1241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!