IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

cspell
Note: This thread is 1239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very few commercials, but at least one of them is Lily from AT&T. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

As long as I hear ‘ and another birdie for Tiger’ I don’t need any crowds. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I like how open the course looks without spectators.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Scores for the morning groups were much lower when the course was softer.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

Interesting Stat. Larry Mize and Bryson both short 70. 
Average driving distances 

Bryson 334 yds

Larry 247 yds
Mize Is 62 years old. Chapeau to you sir.

• Like 1

Stevie T

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, khalespace said:

Scores for the morning groups were much lower when the course was softer.

I don't know about that. For two reasons: 1, the course is still pretty soft, and 2) the afternoon guys played fewer holes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I only watched for about 30 minutes, but saw Bryson hit a 330 yd drive (almost to the green). It was very odd. He did the same thing I see (or used to see) guys in the gym do before they're about to lift 5 times their body weights. A bunch of  nervous steps, huge, loud breaths, etc. Like something you'd see in a long drive contest. It's not pretty, but his drive was dead straight. He hit an average chip that ended up above the hole and proceeded to miss a 3 ft putt for birdie. Anyway, I was most struck by the pre-shot routine. Have never seen that in golf.

12 minutes ago, chspeed said:

It was very odd. He did the same thing I see (or used to see) guys in the gym do before they're about to lift 5 times their body weights. A bunch of  nervous steps, huge, loud breaths, etc. 

Do you remember when they first started exhaling in tennis?  It was very weird then, too.

For years Brandel has said that you need to hit draws to win The Masters.

On Live From, he just talked about needing to hit a fade and how swinging in-to-out was a disadvantage for Bryson. 

I like Brandel but he “dug his feet in” for years on those draw takes.

The guys with late tee times on Thursday will have to play 9 holes early on Friday, and if they make the cut will have early 2nd round tee times on Friday that means they will have to play 24 holes.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't know about that. For two reasons: 1, the course is still pretty soft, and 2) the afternoon guys played fewer holes.

Yeah, JT at -5 after 10, Wolff and A. Scott at -4 after 11 and 10 respectively, DJ at -3 after 9, etc. They'll get to go out early in calm conditions tomorrow too.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Just now, Darkfrog said:

Yeah, JT at -5 after 10, Wolff and A. Scott at -4 after 11 and 10 respectively, DJ at -3 after 9, etc. They'll get to go out early in calm conditions tomorrow too.

Plus they hopefully get to play the same hole on the same day on multiple occasions. The pin will move, but I still think it is a solid advantage getting to replay holes. Wouldn't be surprised to see JT, DJ, or Wolff be -13 or more at the end of tomorrow.

Tiger looked good and in control today. If the body holds, he's honestly my favorite to win, but that is a complete coin toss. If he went back to back it would have to be considered the best win of all time IMO.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, khalespace said:

The guys with late tee times on Thursday will have to play 9 holes early on Friday, and if they make the cut will have early 2nd round tee times on Friday that means they will have to play 24 holes.

There’s not a cut between round one and round two.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Golf Digest's website running this story -- I haven't fact-checked -- that Kevin Na putted poorly, but they're using counts.  I don't know where his first putts were on the greens... but it does sound like a good ball striking day.

1605225169041.jpeg

Masters 2020: Kevin Na is one of the best putters on tour, but even he admitted his day on the Augusta National greens was one of his worst

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Do you remember when they first started exhaling in tennis?  It was very weird then, too.

We were taught to do that in track for discus and shot put back in the 70s. Contracting the ab muscles added a bit more power, or so they thought.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

John Prine song ("I remember everything") featured prominently in the broadcast.  That wasn't expected -- I don't remember it being part of a broadcast before.  Might be related to his recent passing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!