IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

cspell
Note: This thread is 1220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, cipher said:

Wow, that is rough.  I've always wondered how this course looked into and after the summer.  Now I know.  😬

Watch your mouth, errybody knows there's no rough at Augusta

• Like 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Watch your mouth, errybody knows there's no rough at Augusta

Bryson gonna shoot a 59.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The 13th isn't being lengthened this year.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0404%2Fr686133_1

For the first time, Augusta National is offering online shopping -- but only to patrons who are on...

Seems like all of us could find someone with tickets and get Masters gear. I had a friend go in 2010 and my hat could use an upgrade. 

Michael

Welcome back. #TheMasters

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird having The Masters this late in the year, but man am I excited to see how it turns out. I imagine the course might be in a different condition than usual, but it's still just such a unique event. This is one tournament where I'll miss the usual crowds, since the crowds at Augusta aren't the ones shouting about mashed potatoes.

14 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

This is one tournament where I'll miss the usual crowds, since the crowds at Augusta aren't the ones shouting about mashed potatoes.

One year I expect someone to shout, "Pimento Cheese sandwich!"

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0TWZQajf5UqDPrRFRTDmRv?si=GBxuESAIQEmG0GREa7OfMg

No Laying Up did a pretty cool podcast with Matty Kelly, Marc Leishman's caddy, talking about shots that Marc hits on every hole, and also delving into what Bryson might hit on each hole. Definitely worth the 85 minutes I spent on it. This year is going to be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

13 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0TWZQajf5UqDPrRFRTDmRv?si=GBxuESAIQEmG0GREa7OfMg

No Laying Up did a pretty cool podcast with Matty Kelly, Marc Leishman's caddy, talking about shots that Marc hits on every hole, and also delving into what Bryson might hit on each hole. Definitely worth the 85 minutes I spent on it. This year is going to be awesome.

An episode of How's My Hand Path? with guest Scott Fawcett, who worked with Bryson, Fawcett talks specifically about some holes, I forget which. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks ago, the episode.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:30 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

One year I expect someone to shout, "Pimento Cheese sandwich!"

We’ve been making those to snack on while watching. They’re actually pretty good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, Pretzel said:

It's weird having The Masters this late in the year, but man am I excited to see how it turns out. I imagine the course might be in a different condition than usual, but it's still just such a unique event. This is one tournament where I'll miss the usual crowds, since the crowds at Augusta aren't the ones shouting about mashed potatoes.

Not sure it’ll be much different. The forecast is showing high 70’s low 80’s all four days. Gotta love the South!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure it’ll be much different. The forecast is showing high 70’s low 80’s all four days. Gotta love the South!

It’s going to be 70 here today so ppppfffffftttttthhhh!😜 But of course we had 4” of snow last week.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
GettyImages-1273531127.jpg

Bryson DeChambeau recently played a 'jaw-dropping' practice round at Augusta National Golf Club in advance of next week's Masters.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0708%2Fpga_a_eld

Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Augusta National will fund the start-up of a women's golf program at nearby Paine College, an...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2020 at 9:18 AM, MaskedRacer said:

Which player 40 y.o. and above you think could have the best shot to win the Masters this year?  Not Tiger I'm afraid. He can't seem to get out of this funk from playing in the early weekend groups. He has had a string of tournaments where he barley makes the cut and struggles on the weekend. For the win...I think Paul Casey perhaps. Phil Mickelson I think could win too.  Maybe not win but I think Bernhard Langer and Fred Couples will make the cut.

Lefty....LOL......luv FIGJAM....and so do the locker room attendants......he'll have a few big rolls of C-Notes to hand out this week.

Just heard Matthew Wolfe say there are quite a few cottages around Augusta Nat'l....I didn't know that.

It will rain on and off for all 4 days which favors the long hitters. I am picking Justin Thomas and Collin Morikawa, 2020 leaders with strokes gained/approach stat, to win. I am super excited but I don't have ESPN to watch on Thursday and Friday. I have to stream to watch featured group and Amen corner holes.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

Note: This thread is 1220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!