Jump to content
IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, iacas said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0708%2Fpga_a_eld

Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Augusta National...

 

Ok....I'll put on my flame suit.....I'm not really loving this decision.....Elder hasn't even finished in a top 10 in any major....IMO....an honorary starter nowadays should be a player who accomplished a lot in golf, won a Masters, etc

I don't like the guy...but I think the next honorary starter should be Tom Watson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else enjoy the sight of BDC being driven back to the tee to reload as much as I do?

Lee Elder to serve as honorary starter at 2021 Masters Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Aug

As long as I hear ‘ and another birdie for Tiger’ I don’t need any crowds. 😃

Posted Images

I think the choice of Mr. Elder is a good one.  At first I mistook "Starter" to mean the guy that says, "Now on the first tee, playing out of XXX Country Club, XXX XXXXX."  But a Masters starter tees off on the first hole to kick things off.  I wonder how his swing is at 86?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, khalespace said:

It will rain on and off for all 4 days which favors the long hitters.

Not necessarily. Zach Johnson won there in a year when "the long hitters were favored."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

DeChambeau going with 45.5 inch driver and adjusting to 4.5 degrees from 5, so not sure about loft.

GCLogo.png

Bryson DeChambeau may not be rolling out the 48-inch driver shaft this week at the Masters, but he still figures to test Augusta National's limits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, Pretzel said:

It's weird having The Masters this late in the year, but man am I excited to see how it turns out. I imagine the course might be in a different condition than usual, but it's still just such a unique event. This is one tournament where I'll miss the usual crowds, since the crowds at Augusta aren't the ones shouting about mashed potatoes.

Being that it's mid-November this would be the one Masters where that would actually make sense.  Or "Stuffing!!!!!!!"  or "Cranberry Sauce!!!!!'

(But not "Yams!!!) blech. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1109%2Fr773403_1

Augusta National featured some changes ahead of the first edition of the Masters in November.
  • In various spots, clusters of trees have been added. One interesting location is beyond the fairway bunkers on the 18th. At least five trees have been added, making the idea of blasting a tee shot over those bunkers less advantageous. Could this be in response to Bryson DeChambeau 1, who could easily bomb his tee shots that distance.
  • There is also another cluster of trees farther up the right side of the fairway at the par-5 13th. It may prevent those who think they can just blast the ball into the 14th fairway from the tee into thinking they can do so.
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tee times:

ROUND 1 (all times ET; off first tee)
7 AM: Lucas Glover, Corey Conners, C.T. Pan
7:11 AM: Brandt Snedeker, Charles Howell III, Jazz Janewattananond
7:22 AM: Larry Mize, Andrew Landry, Lukas Michel
7:33 AM: Matt Kuchar, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na
7:44 AM: Xander Schauffele, Jason Kokrak, Henrik Stenson
7:55 AM: Charl Schwartzel, Jason Day, Abel Gallegos
8:06 AM: Vijay Singh, Lanto Griffin, Tyler Duncan
8:17 AM: Mike Weir, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Matt Wallace
11:05 AM: Sung Kang, Erik van Rooyen
11:16 AM: Danny Willett, Rickie Fowler, John Augenstein
11:27 AM: Phil Mickelson, Abraham Ancer, Bernd Wiesberger
11:38 AM: Adam Scott, Collin Morikawa, Tyrrell Hatton
11:49 AM: Justin Thomas, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka
Noon: Dustin Johnson, Patrick Cantlay, Rory McIlroy
12:11 PM: Zach Johnson, Justin Rose, Cameron Champ
12:22 PM: Victor Perez, Sungjae Im, Brendon Todd

ROUND 1 (all times ET; off 10th tee)                
7 AM: Sandy Lyle, Jimmy Walker, Yuxin Lin
7:11 AM: Webb Simpson, Marc Leishman, Hideki Matsuyama
7:22 AM: Kevin Kisner, Adam Hadwin, Scottie Scheffler
7:33 AM: Jon Rahm, Bryson DeChambeau, Louis Oosthuizen
7:44 AM: Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Tony Finau
7:55 AM: Tiger Woods, Shane Lowry, Andy Ogletree
8:06 AM: Jordan Spieth, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter
8:17 AM: Graeme McDowell, Si Woo Kim, Nate Lashley
11:05 AM: Justin Harding, Shugo Imahira, Nick Taylor
11:16 AM: Chez Reavie, Sebastian Munoz, Byeong Hun An
11:27 AM: Bubba Watson, Matthew Wolff, Tommy Fleetwood
11:38 AM: Francesco Molinari, Billy Horschel, Cameron Smith
11:49 AM: Bernhard Langer, J.T. Poston, Christiaan Bezuidenhout
Noon: Fred Couples, Max Homa, Dylan Frittelli
12:11 PM: Jose Maria Olazabal, Andrew Putnam, James Sugrue


ROUND 2 (all times ET; off first tee)
7 AM: Justin Harding, Shugo Imahira, Nick Taylor
7:11 AM: Chez Reavie, Sebastian Munoz, Byeong Hun An
7:22 AM: Bubba Watson, Matthew Wolff, Tommy Fleetwood
7:33 AM: Francesco Molinari, Billy Horschel, Cameron Smith
7:44 AM: Bernhard Langer, J.T. Poston, Christiaan Bezuidenhout
7:55 AM: Fred Couples, Max Homa, Dylan Frittelli
8:06 AM: Jose Maria Olazabal, Andrew Putnam, James Sugrue
11:05 AM: Sandy Lyle, Jimmy Walker, Yuxin Lin
11:16 AM: Webb Simpson, Marc Leishman, Hideki Matsuyama
11:27 AM: Kevin Kisner, Adam Hadwin, Scottie Scheffler
11:38 AM: Jon Rahm, Bryson DeChambeau, Louis Oosthuizen
11:49 AM: Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Tony Finau
Noon: Tiger Woods, Shane Lowry, Andy Ogletree
12:11 PM: Jordan Spieth, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter
12:22 PM: Graeme McDowell, Si Woo Kim, Nate Lashley

ROUND 2 (all times ET; off 10th tee)
7 AM: Sung Kang, Erik van Rooyen
7:11 AM: Danny Willett, Rickie Fowler, John Augenstein
7:22 AM: Phil Mickelson, Abraham Ancer, Bernd Wiesberger
7:33 AM: Adam Scott, Collin Morikawa, Tyrrell Hatton
7:44 AM: Justin Thomas, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka
7:55 AM: Dustin Johnson, Patrick Cantlay, Rory McIlroy
8:06 AM: Zach Johnson, Justin Rose, Cameron Champ
8:17 AM: Victor Perez, Sungjae Im, Brendon Todd
11:05 AM: Lucas Glover, Corey Conners, C.T. Pan
11:16 AM: Brandt Snedeker, Charles Howell III, Jazz Janewattananond
11:27 AM: Larry Mize, Andrew Landry, Lukas Michel
11:38 AM: Matt Kuchar, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na
11:49 AM: Xander Schauffele, Jason Kokrak, Henrik Stenson
Noon: Charl Schwartzel, Jason Day, Abel Gallegos
12:11 PM: Vijay Singh, Lanto Griffin, Tyler Duncan
12:22 PM: Mike Weir, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Matt Wallace

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Tee times:

ROUND 1 (all times ET; off first tee)
7 AM: Lucas Glover, Corey Conners, C.T. Pan
7:11 AM: Brandt Snedeker, Charles Howell III, Jazz Janewattananond
7:22 AM: Larry Mize, Andrew Landry, Lukas Michel
7:33 AM: Matt Kuchar, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na
7:44 AM: Xander Schauffele, Jason Kokrak, Henrik Stenson
7:55 AM: Charl Schwartzel, Jason Day, Abel Gallegos
8:06 AM: Vijay Singh, Lanto Griffin, Tyler Duncan
8:17 AM: Mike Weir, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Matt Wallace
11:05 AM: Sung Kang, Erik van Rooyen
11:16 AM: Danny Willett, Rickie Fowler, John Augenstein
11:27 AM: Phil Mickelson, Abraham Ancer, Bernd Wiesberger
11:38 AM: Adam Scott, Collin Morikawa, Tyrrell Hatton
11:49 AM: Justin Thomas, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka
Noon: Dustin Johnson, Patrick Cantlay, Rory McIlroy
12:11 PM: Zach Johnson, Justin Rose, Cameron Champ
12:22 PM: Victor Perez, Sungjae Im, Brendon Todd

ROUND 1 (all times ET; off 10th tee)                
7 AM: Sandy Lyle, Jimmy Walker, Yuxin Lin
7:11 AM: Webb Simpson, Marc Leishman, Hideki Matsuyama
7:22 AM: Kevin Kisner, Adam Hadwin, Scottie Scheffler
7:33 AM: Jon Rahm, Bryson DeChambeau, Louis Oosthuizen
7:44 AM: Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Tony Finau
7:55 AM: Tiger Woods, Shane Lowry, Andy Ogletree
8:06 AM: Jordan Spieth, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter
8:17 AM: Graeme McDowell, Si Woo Kim, Nate Lashley
11:05 AM: Justin Harding, Shugo Imahira, Nick Taylor
11:16 AM: Chez Reavie, Sebastian Munoz, Byeong Hun An
11:27 AM: Bubba Watson, Matthew Wolff, Tommy Fleetwood
11:38 AM: Francesco Molinari, Billy Horschel, Cameron Smith
11:49 AM: Bernhard Langer, J.T. Poston, Christiaan Bezuidenhout
Noon: Fred Couples, Max Homa, Dylan Frittelli
12:11 PM: Jose Maria Olazabal, Andrew Putnam, James Sugrue


ROUND 2 (all times ET; off first tee)
7 AM: Justin Harding, Shugo Imahira, Nick Taylor
7:11 AM: Chez Reavie, Sebastian Munoz, Byeong Hun An
7:22 AM: Bubba Watson, Matthew Wolff, Tommy Fleetwood
7:33 AM: Francesco Molinari, Billy Horschel, Cameron Smith
7:44 AM: Bernhard Langer, J.T. Poston, Christiaan Bezuidenhout
7:55 AM: Fred Couples, Max Homa, Dylan Frittelli
8:06 AM: Jose Maria Olazabal, Andrew Putnam, James Sugrue
11:05 AM: Sandy Lyle, Jimmy Walker, Yuxin Lin
11:16 AM: Webb Simpson, Marc Leishman, Hideki Matsuyama
11:27 AM: Kevin Kisner, Adam Hadwin, Scottie Scheffler
11:38 AM: Jon Rahm, Bryson DeChambeau, Louis Oosthuizen
11:49 AM: Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Tony Finau
Noon: Tiger Woods, Shane Lowry, Andy Ogletree
12:11 PM: Jordan Spieth, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter
12:22 PM: Graeme McDowell, Si Woo Kim, Nate Lashley

ROUND 2 (all times ET; off 10th tee)
7 AM: Sung Kang, Erik van Rooyen
7:11 AM: Danny Willett, Rickie Fowler, John Augenstein
7:22 AM: Phil Mickelson, Abraham Ancer, Bernd Wiesberger
7:33 AM: Adam Scott, Collin Morikawa, Tyrrell Hatton
7:44 AM: Justin Thomas, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka
7:55 AM: Dustin Johnson, Patrick Cantlay, Rory McIlroy
8:06 AM: Zach Johnson, Justin Rose, Cameron Champ
8:17 AM: Victor Perez, Sungjae Im, Brendon Todd
11:05 AM: Lucas Glover, Corey Conners, C.T. Pan
11:16 AM: Brandt Snedeker, Charles Howell III, Jazz Janewattananond
11:27 AM: Larry Mize, Andrew Landry, Lukas Michel
11:38 AM: Matt Kuchar, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na
11:49 AM: Xander Schauffele, Jason Kokrak, Henrik Stenson
Noon: Charl Schwartzel, Jason Day, Abel Gallegos
12:11 PM: Vijay Singh, Lanto Griffin, Tyler Duncan
12:22 PM: Mike Weir, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Matt Wallace

I wonder why there are no tee times in the 9 and 10 o'clock hours???  Oh, just figured it out... might have to do with groups turning...

And I don't anticipate being up at 4AM in the morning to watch Lucas Glover tee off.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/9/2020 at 5:38 PM, Mr22putt said:

Ok....I'll put on my flame suit.....I'm not really loving this decision.....Elder hasn't even finished in a top 10 in any major....IMO....an honorary starter nowadays should be a player who accomplished a lot in golf, won a Masters, etc

I don't like the guy...but I think the next honorary starter should be Tom Watson.

Uhhhhh....you can't see what Lee Elder "accomplished"?

And then you say you don't like the guy but instead you like an absolute dick like Tom Watson?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Uhhhhh....you can't see what Lee Elder "accomplished"?

And then you say you don't like the guy but instead you like an absolute dick like Tom Watson?

I didn’t get his post either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Uhhhhh....you can't see what Lee Elder "accomplished"?

And then you say you don't like the guy but instead you like an absolute dick like Tom Watson?

Yes, I understand that Lee had racial issues he had to encounter playing on the PGA tour and the 1st Black golfer to play in the Masters...but IMO...this is just another "token' gesture by ANGC...yes the same club that wouldn't allow Blacks to play or become a member but had no issues having a crew of Black caddies.

You read my post wrong...the guy I don't like is Tom Watson...not Lee.

Never like Watson and it was further reinforced at the 2010 USSO at Sahalee.....it was late in the day....very very few spectators...maybe 4 people...Watson comes out of the clubhouse and instead of taking a step to walk around a guy to enter a golf cart that would take him to the parking lot....Watson shoves a guy who was standing in front of the golf cart.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Popular Now

  • Posts

    • It's one of those rules that doesn't affect the number of strokes I took, like the signing an incorrect scorecard rule. Keeping a handicap would only be for my information since I don't play in competition. 
    • 'Cause Titleists, designed in the U.S., only understand English.
    • Day 447: Forgot to post yesterday, but did COVID-19 day-3, -4, -5 drills, and superspeed workout. Played 18 today. Short game was really good, with 8 up/downs. Was overdoing palmar flexion early, but settled into a happy middle ground after a few holes. Had a swing thought for backswing, touch lead shoulder to chin, to make myself do a full turn. Best ballstriking round in awhile, and broke 80. Today’s strokes gained vs. tour player:
    • LOL!  You are obviously a funny and classy woman.  I would have preferred that you quoted the entire sentence in your feeble insult, as it referenced my 20+ year career in the US Marine Corps.  FYI, the games we associated with having "Balls" included: pugil sticks, martial arts (MMA, boxing & wrestling), full-contact sports, endurance events, etc.; definitely not recreational games that children play. As a 60+ year old who *LOVES* playing golf with my son regardless of how well either one of us is playing (and could not relate to your earlier Topic regarding soliciting help for your dad), I am starting to gain an appreciation for how a 60+ year old dad who can still play to a 5 handicap would be "grumpy" having to play golf with his child...
    • And more curious is how the foreign players on the Tour, whose first language is not English, always use English when they talk to the ball.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. marcharing
      marcharing
      (61 years old)
    2. phongnhatourist
      phongnhatourist
      (32 years old)
    3. The Be Boy
      The Be Boy
      (35 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...