albatrosser

21 Degree Club for Single-Digit Handicappers

which 21 degree club (20-22deg iron or hybrid) do TST single-digit handicappers use?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which 21 degree club (20-22deg iron or hybrid) do TST single-digit handicappers use?

• 20-22 degree Iron (3 or 4 depending on set)
    • 20-22 degree Hybrid
    • Both
    • Neither

21 posts / 1456 viewsLast Reply

On 3/1/2020 at 9:22 AM, Typhoon92 said:

Hybrids don’t work for me with the flatter lie angle...hook machine.  3/4 iron is money for me.

I am not saying you need it but try the Ping G410.  You can set the lie angle flat to stop the hook.  I had the same issue.  At a plus three I don't know that you will find benefit but it would be interesting to try.  You might try the 2 hybrid in place of a driving iron.  I be you would find it easy to hit from the deck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The club between my 3 wood and 4 iron is either a 3 iron, 5 wood, or some sort of Titleist hybrid.  Depending on the course and conditions, one of them goes into the bag.  I don't have any idea what the lofts are.  I do know I had the 3 iron bent a bit stronger.  I'm a 61 year old low Hcp player with driver swing speed of 110-112.  Recently changed shafts in my irons and I am guessing my 7 iron flies 173-174 yards.

I carry a Srixon ZU85 2-iron (18) Z-585 3-iron (20) and Z-785 4-iron (22). I just haven’t updated my signature yet.

Edited by onthehunt526