Jump to content

9 posts / 400 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

i have the 17 M2 fw with the ReAx 55 shaft. I use a regular flex shaft throughout my bag. I am having a lot of difficulty with the weight of the club. It feels way too light. 0 control at contact. 

Would putting in a new shaft at a 65 weight benefit me? Was going to put in a Aldila Nvs  orange nxt. Cheap shaft that I have played in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

i have the 17 M2 fw with the ReAx 55 shaft. I use a regular flex shaft throughout my bag. I am having a lot of difficulty with the weight of the club. It feels way too light. 0 control at contact. 

Would putting in a new shaft at a 65 weight benefit me? Was going to put in a Aldila Nvs  orange nxt. Cheap shaft that I have played in the past. 

I would think so. I am almost 60 and use a 70g shaft on my FW. What is your driver swing speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It has been some time since I have been on a monitor. No idea what my swing speed is. I tried putting the matching shaft in my M1 driver, I couldn’t  keep the damn ball in play.
 

Same as fairway wood. Back and through as if nothing was in my hand. Very poor ball striking with such a light shaft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

i have the 17 M2 fw with the ReAx 55 shaft. I use a regular flex shaft throughout my bag. I am having a lot of difficulty with the weight of the club. It feels way too light. 0 control at contact. 

Would putting in a new shaft at a 65 weight benefit me? Was going to put in a Aldila Nvs  orange nxt. Cheap shaft that I have played in the past. 

Why wouldn't you look at putting the REAX 65 in? I am no shaft expert, but I think that there is a lot more to a shaft than the weight. I would be concerned about putting any old 65 gram shaft on that head. Looks like the shaft you have in there is a senior flex or one step up from "Ladies". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To be honest not a fan of the reax shaft. The 55 is a reg flex but man is it flimsy. I do not like it at all. I have the tini 60 reg flex in my driver and love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

It has been some time since I have been on a monitor. No idea what my swing speed is. I tried putting the matching shaft in my M1 driver, I couldn’t  keep the damn ball in play.
 

Same as fairway wood. Back and through as if nothing was in my hand. Very poor ball striking with such a light shaft. 

Usually the fairway shaft is around 10g heavier than the driver. I would look at a 65g shaft or in that range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Why wouldn't you look at putting the REAX 65 in? I am no shaft expert, but I think that there is a lot more to a shaft than the weight. I would be concerned about putting any old 65 gram shaft on that head. Looks like the shaft you have in there is a senior flex or one step up from "Ladies". 

Actually, weight is by far and away the most important spec of any shaft. Way more important than, flex, bend profile, torque, even radial consistency. Getting the weight right is a must, the other stuff is more fine tuning at best.

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

i have the 17 M2 fw with the ReAx 55 shaft. I use a regular flex shaft throughout my bag. I am having a lot of difficulty with the weight of the club. It feels way too light. 0 control at contact. 

Would putting in a new shaft at a 65 weight benefit me? Was going to put in a Aldila Nvs  orange nxt. Cheap shaft that I have played in the past. 

If you want to know better before you go ahead and reshaft, get some lead tape and run strips down the length of the shaft starting an inch or so below the grip. Put 10g of tape on and go hit it. Add or subtract until you get the feel and dispersion you are looking for. You may find you want it even heavier, say around 70 or maybe lighter say 62. Then you can pick your shaft based off that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weight is big.  I had a 2017 m1 3 hL and was all over the place with it.  I traded it in.   I’ve had the same problem with fairway wood shafts as well.  If I carry a 3 wood, I was carrying my old Ping Tisi Tec with the Graphite Design ys6 in it.

  A month ago, for the heck of it I took an 85 gram ust proforce v2 and put it in an original RBZ 3 wood head and it feels great and I kill it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Adam C said:

Actually, weight is by far and away the most important spec of any shaft.

Good, I found a great deal on a 65 gram hickory shaft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...