Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Subscribed to David Orr’s Flatstick Academy and So Much Info

6 posts / 466 viewsLast Reply

This has been on my to do list for years literally and I finally got around to it. It’s only $10 a month and I’ve seen his videos and was curious to learn more. 

There is tons of content, a lot of videos but reading material too which I like - it would take me months to get through it but putting is something I pretty much ignore, so there’s that. I basically am curious as to what he has to say about the mechanics of the swing but there is a lot of on course material that I will read and watch. 

Day one I finally learned what that Eyeline putting aid w/the mirror and lines is for. Another interesting bit was a study whose data revealed 55% aimed left of target while the remaining at or right of target. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

This has been on my to do list for years literally and I finally got around to it. It’s only $10 a month and I’ve seen his videos and was curious to learn more. 

There is tons of content, a lot of videos but reading material too which I like - it would take me months to get through it but putting is something I pretty much ignore, so there’s that. I basically am curious as to what he has to say about the mechanics of the swing but there is a lot of on course material that I will read and watch. 

Day one I finally learned what that Eyeline putting aid w/the mirror and lines is for. Another interesting bit was a study whose data revealed 55% aimed left of target while the remaining at or right of target. 

Watch out for information overload. Stick to your plan.

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Watch out for information overload. Stick to your plan.

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

I was coming here to warn you of the same thing.

Duly noted. I'm not going to change my putting stroke, reinforcing topics like green reading should be ok?

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Duly noted. I'm not going to change my putting stroke, reinforcing topics like green reading should be ok?

You use AimPoint. What exactly are you doing to reinforce your green reading besides calibrating your feels?

2 hours ago, billchao said:

You use AimPoint. What exactly are you doing to reinforce your green reading besides calibrating your feels?

He uses Aimpoint and it’s a review of the method for me. I’ve forgotten some of the small details from the clinics. Like I thought there was just one zero line straight through the hole I didn’t know that’s not necessarily the case.