IGNORED

What Will Be the Next Big Thing in Equipment?

Note: This thread is 1478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Bonvivant said:

Skytrak already has this with The Golf Club 2019. It probably isn't used much because it requires a PC with gaming capabilities but it is already there and does exist. IIRC you have to upgrade your SkyTrak accout to be able to hook it up to TGC2019. 

I was unaware of this. Personally, I'd love to see this technology expand and become less expensive. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I was unaware of this. Personally, I'd love to see this technology expand and become less expensive. 

Yeah if you youtube "skytrak the golf club" there are some neat videos out there showing the capability. I think the only real downside is that the Skytrak doesn't support putting like Trackman does, so you would have to putt with a controller or set the gimme range in the game larger. Still pretty awesome considering many TPC courses are available and the custom map community is fairly large. I wanna say there are over 180,000 courses on there. Some are based on real places, others are fantasy, and even more are set in reality but aren't actual courses. I play TGC with a controller just for fun, but I wish I had the space for a Skytrak. If I did, it would be the easiest 3000-3500 dollar trigger to pull. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

But is it the right tee for your swing? 😜

While we are at it. There could be a market for custom glove fitting, not every hand is exactly alike.

19 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

Next thing in equipment: Tee fitting 🙂

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for 3 Pack of 3 1/4" Aluminum Unbreakable Golf Tees. Shop with confidence on eBay!

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Yeah if you youtube "skytrak the golf club" there are some neat videos out there showing the capability. I think the only real downside is that the Skytrak doesn't support putting like Trackman does, so you would have to putt with a controller or set the gimme range in the game larger. Still pretty awesome considering many TPC courses are available and the custom map community is fairly large. I wanna say there are over 180,000 courses on there. Some are based on real places, others are fantasy, and even more are set in reality but aren't actual courses. I play TGC with a controller just for fun, but I wish I had the space for a Skytrak. If I did, it would be the easiest 3000-3500 dollar trigger to pull. 

SkyTrak ain’t great.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

The Swingless Golf Club:

Im going to get fitted for one next Tuesday. I have to make sure the stock power strip is right for my game. Seems like Taylor Made is coming out with one that will put a draw on the ball, and Callaway is working on one with adjustable loft so maybe I should wait. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

SkyTrak ain’t great.

I understand that, but to have the access to all those courses sounds nice, especially with the ability for online play and at the price point which it stands in. I know your a Mevo+ guy and I'm sure you have good reason for that (I would assume radar vs optical tracking), but I really enjoy TGC online. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Hncjc said:

1.  Wedges that spin golf balls as much in wet conditions as in dry conditions.

2.  Chips in golf balls to find them faster would be nice and speed play.

1. But legal? I mean ...the Alien had friggin sand paper or rubber ribbed faces...lol.

2. Just seems it would affect the ball too much?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If they could get the weight right and get the chip small and spherical, I could see this being a thing. I don't think that it would press on many rules either, since if you watch a pro tournament a ball is almost never lost because they have people watching for that stuff.

I think it would be interesting to see a pro tournament, with high cut rough as many are, and no marshals/vols to point them out so they have to go and re-tee often.

3 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I think it would be interesting to see a pro tournament, with high cut rough as many are, and no marshals/vols to point them out so they have to go and re-tee often.

Boring as hell.   I agree it would change the game but think about what excites you about golf.   Walking back to the tee, na.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

1. But legal? I mean ...the Alien had friggin sand paper or rubber ribbed faces...lol.

As I understand it, ping is already doing something to treat their wedges.

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Boring as hell.   I agree it would change the game but think about what excites you about golf.   Walking back to the tee, na.

Give em a cart, or have them hit provisionals like the rest of us. I understand that the PGA tour (or whichever tour) is a product to generate revenue, but they get to play by a different set of rules than the rest of us when it comes to lost balls. I would like to see that leveled, and the chipped ball is one solution, but until then, let them search for their balls for 3 minutes and then take the walk/ride of shame back to the tee. I am being somewhat facetious, but when I am out on the course, and hit into a wide open area and then cant find my ball, it's frustrating, especially when you turn on the tele on the weekend and see a pro get to their ball that is so buried that no human would likely find it in 3 minutes (or 5).

2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Give em a cart, or have them hit provisionals like the rest of us. I understand that the PGA tour (or whichever tour) is a product to generate revenue, but they get to play by a different set of rules than the rest of us when it comes to lost balls. I would like to see that leveled, and the chipped ball is one solution, but until then, let them search for their balls for 3 minutes and then take the walk/ride of shame back to the tee. I am being somewhat facetious, but when I am out on the course, and hit into a wide open area and then cant find my ball, it's frustrating, especially when you turn on the tele on the weekend and see a pro get to their ball that is so buried that no human would likely find it in 3 minutes (or 5).

It’s true that playing on the tour has a few advantages we don’t ...finding balls and crowds acting as backstops...But really..they have it hard enough I think. And I wouldn’t really enjoy nor have any interest in seeing them get screwed by removing those minimal advantages. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

It’s true that playing on the tour has a few advantages we don’t ...finding balls and crowds acting as backstops...But really..they have it hard enough I think. And I wouldn’t really enjoy nor have any interest in seeing them get screwed by removing those minimal advantages. 

I'd love to see the drama of a top-tier player (say Rory, Tiger, Brooks, Reed, whomever you like) lose a ball on the 17th on Sunday to lose a tournament. It would be incredibly relatable (that WTF moment when you can't find it, and the realization that you are screwed) to see a situation play out like this. Like I said, this is an unrealistic thing to want, but I want it all the same.

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I'd love to see the drama of a top-tier player (say Rory, Tiger, Brooks, Reed, whomever you like) lose a ball on the 17th on Sunday to lose a tournament. It would be incredibly relatable (that WTF moment when you can't find it, and the realization that you are screwed) to see a situation play out like this. Like I said, this is an unrealistic thing to want, but I want it all the same.

Do you actually watch professional golf?

Sony Open 2020, Ryan Palmer.

6 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Do you actually watch professional golf?

Sony Open 2020, Ryan Palmer.

I do. I don't watch every week though because I have better things to do (usually golf) than to watch commercials. Did the vols not find his ball? If so, and I were him, I would be suing for discrimination. Thousands of balls hit in the rough during a tournament and his is the only one that they can't be bothered to find?

edit*

I just looked it up, and it was silly for him to not take a provisional. Shame on him. Should have been fined on top of the strokes that he rightfully earned. Egregious slow play behavior worthy of a suspension IMO.

Edited by Bonvivant

1 minute ago, Bonvivant said:

I do. I don't watch every week though because I have better things to do (usually golf) than to watch commercials. Did the vols not find his ball? If so, and I were him, I would be suing for discrimination. Thousands of balls hit in the rough during a tournament and his is the only one that they can't be bothered to find?

You said you wanted to see something and inferred that it doesn't happen. It did. He was OB. and had to do the ride of shame in a cart.

You are the one who wrote a post saying what you'd like to see. You can't then act all blase and say you're too busy to watch golf when someone points out that something approximating what you'd like to happen actually does happen.

Note: This thread is 1478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!