IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Here’s a set of recommendations:

GettyImages-88166608.jpg

A leading infectious disease expert says the game can still be enjoyed, albeit with some modifications

First it says stay 6 feet away, and then the next sentence is stay out of gimme distance. 6 foot gimmes? I'd be single digits if that were the case!

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am in one of the six counties that have just been ordered to shelter in place until at least April 7th, in the San Francisco Bay Area. It appears that it is the strictest protocol in place anywhere in the US so far.  This can be enforced by the sheriffs and PDs. The only exceptions are for getting groceries, medications, etc... And not just the over 65 crowd as the governor suggested just yesterday, but EVERYONE (except a long list of crucial workers)!

So, no more golf for the next 3 weeks at least. And maybe no more food either as the local supermarkets look completely empty of the basics such as eggs, ground beef, dry pasta, etc, not even mentioning TP.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

The Michigan governor included in her two week restrictions, golf courses.  It's not it's golf season in Michigan though.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Might be time to dust the old mat and net out of storage...

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

3 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

First it says stay 6 feet away, and then the next sentence is stay out of gimme distance. 6 foot gimmes? I'd be single digits if that were the case!

What? You aren’t draining those almost without thought? I mean, everyone else is. 

Just kidding. 

What’s probably meant is 3 feet  one side of the pin, 3 feet other side. No, that’s still not inside the leather, but the point is that we can still play and respect the distance guidelines. 

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I played today.  Left the flagstick in... common sense.  My other course decided to remove the flags...  seems stupid to me....just don’t touch it.  I won’t bother playing there.

6 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Here’s a set of recommendations:

GettyImages-88166608.jpg

A leading infectious disease expert says the game can still be enjoyed, albeit with some modifications

Isn't it odd that the article makes no mention that most everyones hand goes into the cup on every hole.  That and it's possible the virus can live for several days.  How many hands is that in the virus in the cup lifespan?  Golf courses should just get rid of the cups, draw a circle in the grass instead.  

Imo, don't let the ball go in the cup.  Today I just rolled my ball an equal distance from the pin to some old cup mark and putted to that.  Didn't keep score though.

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

The Michigan governor included in her two week restrictions, golf courses.  It's not it's golf season in Michigan though.

There are courses open here in NE Ohio, but it feels to me like they're pushing the envelope a bit. Probably because they took such a beating last year with all the wet weather. It's not even April yet! 

As far as the Golf Digest article goes, how do you stay 6' apart when riding in a golf cart?

1 minute ago, No Mulligans said:

How many hands is that in the virus in the cup lifespan?  Golf courses should just get rid of the cups, draw a circle in the grass instead.  Imo, don't let the ball go in the cup.  

Good point.  I have a flat putting cup in my study... I may have to bring that to the course.

3 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Isn't it odd that the article makes no mention that most everyones hand goes into the cup on every hole.  That and it's possible the virus can live for several days.  How many hands is that in the virus in the cup lifespan?  Golf courses should just get rid of the cups, draw a circle in the grass instead.  

Imo, don't let the ball go in the cup.  Today I just rolled my ball an equal distance from the pin to some old cup mark and putted to that.  Didn't keep score though.

I haven't played golf yet this year, the weather hasn't allow it. But I'm just thinking off the top of my head. Could you take your ball out of the cup and wipe it with a Clorox wipe after each hole? 

Or perhaps you putt to a flag without a hole. Just knock your ball off the flagstick? … I don't know... just thinking this through. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

As far as the Golf Digest article goes, how do you stay 6' apart when riding in a golf cart?

I guess you each take your own cart, or you walk.

Damned you, @Double Mocha Man You beat me to it.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

The Coronavirus has improved my game.  I no longer think about breathing in...only about breathing out.  This gives me one less thing to think about.  I'm like a Breatharian who, on the point of death, realizes they ought to eat something.

All kidding aside:  this shit may turn out to be the most significant event in my life.  I just hope the hell it isn't.

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

12 hours ago, Mr Puddle said:

Nature is simply attempting to trim the tree from the top.

I have to disagree with you. I listened to a show the other night and what it is is an alien race stationed nearby released the Covid-19 virus to wipe out the all the alien/ human hybrids. I don't know where you get your information from, but I get mine from the internet and James May. 👽 

43 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a flat putting cup in my study

Do you smoke a pipe when you are putting in your study?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

4 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I have to disagree with you. I listened to a show the other night and what it is is an alien race stationed nearby released the Covid-19 virus to wipe out the all the alien/ human hybrids. I don't know where you get your information from, but I get mine from the internet and James May. 👽 

Where is Fox Mulder when you need him...

• Like 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!