IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

48 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

got a membership at a course my friends dad just bought

What course?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, dennyjones said:

What course?

Greenbrier in Mayville! They have done a ton of work to the course and the clubhouse (unfortunately that's on hold for the most part right now). Doubt you've been out there it's a short course the front 9 is maybe the easiest 9 in the area but the back can be pretty challenging. The old owners had wanted out for some time and the place had become depressing but now it's going to be a great place to play I think. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

Greenbrier in Mayville! They have done a ton of work to the course and the clubhouse (unfortunately that's on hold for the most part right now). Doubt you've been out there it's a short course the front 9 is maybe the easiest 9 in the area but the back can be pretty challenging. The old owners had wanted out for some time and the place had become depressing but now it's going to be a great place to play I think. 

I have not played there but I have played Washakie, and Vassar.   It is a drive for me in Davison. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I have not played there but I have played Washakie, and Vassar.   It is a drive for me in Davison. 

Washakie is my favorite in the thumb and it's only 10 minutes from where i work so it's convenient plus it's the only course I've ever broken 80 on so it has sentimental value lol. We play both those courses fairly often Vassar can be nice too but it certainly holds water and is rough when wet imo. I think Greenbrier is about 40 min from Davison I drive 45 to get out to Lapeer CC all the time you can do it! Any recommendations for best course South West of Lapeer? 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

Still have to go work 40+ hours a week

Then count yourself among the lucky.

I didn't read what you wrote as if you're not, but…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I would if I wasn't salary and my company said I would still get paid if we were forced to shut down lol. Obviously get your point though. 

The only golf that WAS available to me during this lockdown was our local standalone range. I tried to go over there just now and they are “closed until further notice”. So unless I want to sneak onto closed courses and risk getting arrested or sick I have nothing. 😤

Sheesh... I just bought new driver online and when it arrives I'll have no place to try it out.  Ugggh...

Unless I want to hit balls into the bay and perhaps end up pulling a "Kramer" when I plug the blowhole of a whale.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, Yukari said:

Nice bike!  That's gotta cost a pretty penny.  I always loved Harleys - very distinctive sound.  You know it's a Harley without even having to look at it.

This is completely off topic, but I added a fairing last year and took it to a guy in my HOG group to have it painted to match my bike. Here is the final result. 
0440EDD1-5626-4EC1-AA4D-1EFE229926BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

- Shane

Yes, it has impacted my golf as the courses in MI are closed. Though I walked by the local pasture course today and there were about 7 or 8 cars in the parking lot. I think people are just letting themselves on and playing. 

- Mark

On 4/3/2020 at 2:57 PM, dennyjones said:

Have you played Metamora?   It's a fantastic course.  

Metamora Golf and Country Club

I have not, haven't played anything south of Lapeer or West of Saginaw lol. Looks pretty amazing! Although right now I'd play if they cut a hole in the middle of a bean field! I'll have to talk my group into making the drive down there

1 hour ago, Lugowskins said:

I have not, haven't played anything south of Lapeer or West of Saginaw lol. Looks pretty amazing! Although right now I'd play if they cut a hole in the middle of a bean field! I'll have to talk my group into making the drive down there

Davison Country Club, when open, allows non-members to play a few times per year.   It is a very nice course and challenging.  I'd give that some consideration too.    A little further south of Metamora is Boulder Pointe.  It definitely is worth the drive.   Devil's Ridge is nice too but not quite on par with the other two mentioned.  

16 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Davison Country Club, when open, allows non-members to play a few times per year.   It is a very nice course and challenging.  I'd give that some consideration too.    A little further south of Metamora is Boulder Pointe.  It definitely is worth the drive.   Devil's Ridge is nice too but not quite on par with the other two mentioned.  

Very nice thank you! I'll have to write these down for when we can play in 2 months lol

Courses in sunny Singapore are now all closed, so my only recourse today was pitch/chipping practice in the park. I'm thinking of it as a chance to develop my 20-80 yard shots without the temptation to reach for the driver! 

Surprisingly, the local Muni which is my home course, is reopening tomorrow for “limited play”, after being closed for 3 weeks. I’m really surprised they are reopening and there will be strict restrictions in place. Rounds must be paid for online, all access to the clubhouse, bar & restrooms will be locked. Give your name to the starter and he’ll point you to a pre sanitized cart (1 per cart)  and of course, don’t touch the flag, swim noddle in the cup, no water, ball washers or rakes.

My buddy and I have the first tee time of the day.

• Like 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

On 4/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, iacas said:

On 4/3/2020 at 9:14 AM, Lugowskins said:

It's incredibly painful to have spent the last few months taking thousands of swings, working every single day videoing and working on my swing, spent hours on the range and on the simulator working on my yardages, got a membership at a course my friends dad just bought, joined their Wednesday night league and when spring finally arrives the weather is beautiful and it's fairly dry theeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn the government tells me I can't golf. Still have to go work 40+ hours a week I can see people out at parks every day but don't you dare step foot on a golf course. 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:40 PM, iacas said:

I didn't read what you wrote as if you're not, but…

Absolutely! I'm on another webforum that also has a COVID-19 thread. One poster remarked that it has to kill some people that they can't work because theirs is considered a "non-essential" business, but can see people standing in line to buy lottery tickets! 

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!