IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I have to disagree with you. I listened to a show the other night and what it is is an alien race stationed nearby released the Covid-19 virus to wipe out the all the alien/ human hybrids. I don't know where you get your information from, but I get mine from the internet and James May. 👽 

Do you smoke a pipe when you are putting in your study?

No, but I peruse the shelves of my library and inventory the cigars in my humidor.  😁

@snapfade it is pretty obvious that the aliens are targeting specific individuals...not the population as a whole.  Only those "in on it" are affected.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

No, but I peruse the shelves of my library and inventory the cigars in my humidor.  😁

What does your stock of Fuente's look like?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Just got the 1st email that 3 courses will be closed tentatively re opening March 27th. I would imagine state run and county courses to follow shortly. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 minute ago, Piz said:

@snapfade it is pretty obvious that the aliens are targeting specific individuals...not the population as a whole.  Only those "in on it" are affected.

Those specific individuals are the alien/human hybrids. Go to any Waffle House near Jimmy Carter Blvd. and you will see them.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

Just now, snapfade said:

What does your stock of Fuente's look like?

I'm not selling any of those, but I could part with some beat up golf balls I found on the edge of the pond on #13.  Cheap.  Or I could sell you a used flat putting cup, marked down 50%.

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm not selling any of those, but I could part with some beat up golf balls I found on the edge of the pond on #13.  Cheap.  Or I could sell you a used flat putting cup, marked down 50%.

I'll take one of your Gurkha Black Dragons off your hands, cheap, if you have one or two extras.

1 minute ago, snapfade said:

Those specific individuals are the alien/human hybrids. Go to any Waffle House near Jimmy Carter Blvd. and you will see them.

The uniforms give them away.  That and the suspiciously consistent banter.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Cadbury! Oh Cadbury...bring me my putting cup old chap!

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I'll take one of your Gurkha Black Dragons off your hands, cheap, if you have one or two extras.

Inventory's too low on those... can't let 'em go.  Sorry.  But I have a case of Tiparillos next to my case of TP I could sell cheap.

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Cadbury! Oh Cadbury...bring me my putting cup old chap!

Along with a glass of my finest Sherry.

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Inventory's too low on those... can't let 'em go.  Sorry.  But I have a case of Tiparillos next to my case of TP I could sell cheap.

Those are the types of cigars you keep in the pocket of your hard collard golf shirt.

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Cadbury! Oh Cadbury...bring me my hand sanitizer old chap!

Ah, what we do when there's nothing to do...

It's only going to get worse. At least it hasn't stopped the spring breakers from coming here. About rear ended a guy on the way to the course this afternoon. I was distracted by two very nice looking thongs. Latinas!!

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I suggest it was Professor Snapfade in the STUDY with a 45 degree pitching wedge...

download (1).jpg

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

As far as the Golf Digest article goes, how do you stay 6' apart when riding in a golf cart?

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

One of my local courses is letting singles take a cart, no additional charge.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I guess you each take your own cart, or you walk.

Damned you, @Double Mocha Man You beat me to it.

Yep, from the article:

Riding in a cart with a friend, for instance, puts you within the six-foot range, which is reason to consider walking or taking your own cart. We normally support taking caddies, but that dynamic poses new risk under the current circumstances.

2 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Isn't it odd that the article makes no mention that most everyones hand goes into the cup on every hole.  That and it's possible the virus can live for several days.  How many hands is that in the virus in the cup lifespan?  Golf courses should just get rid of the cups, draw a circle in the grass instead.  

Imo, don't let the ball go in the cup.  Today I just rolled my ball an equal distance from the pin to some old cup mark and putted to that.  Didn't keep score though.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I haven't played golf yet this year, the weather hasn't allow it. But I'm just thinking off the top of my head. Could you take your ball out of the cup and wipe it with a Clorox wipe after each hole? 

Or perhaps you putt to a flag without a hole. Just knock your ball off the flagstick? … I don't know... just thinking this through. 

One of the important things:

Touching an infected surface does not give you COVID-19, the disease brought on by this novel coronavirus. Touching an infected surface and then immediately touching your face is the problem.

I posted this link to a helpful map in another thread; but it probably fits here too:

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

8 hours ago, snapfade said:

It's only going to get worse. At least it hasn't stopped the spring breakers from coming here. About rear ended a guy on the way to the course this afternoon. I was distracted by two very nice looking thongs. Latinas!!

Not to mention all the scooter trash that took over Daytona last week. Damn bikers. 😎

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!