IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Mail and groceries; I put disposable gloves on, stage them in the garage and don't touch them for four days.  Refrigerated items, spray down with bleach spray, let them sit for a few minutes and then wipe them down.  Fruit and vegetables I use a fruit and vegtable spray cleaner, for banana and oranges a bleach spray.  I throw away the gloves, and wash my hands after any of that

Gas nozzle, haven't done that yet, but will use disposable gloves, throw them in the trash by the pumps, use hand sanitizer.

My groceries are delivered and set on the porch.

I don't touch any door handles except my own, as I only go off my property to walk my dogs twice a day.  I don't get within 15 feet of anyone but my wife.

Five days like this so far.  I feel I may get all A's on all tests for the semester but still fail the course.

I hope the whole country doesn't get like California is now.  Everyone should just pretend everyone has the virus and act accordingly, imo.

I may be acting over catious re: groceries and deliveries.  I'm going to continue what I'm doing as I'm immune compromised.  There is just so much uncertainty.

This article states that we aren't at such great risk from packaging, it's person to person respritory that is the biggest risk or so it seems from the article.  Don't rely on me though please read the article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/food-safety-groceries-coronavirus-wellness/index.html  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Arlington Ridge in Leesburg this morning. They weren’t accepting cash, had removed all on course water and rakes. Nobody was allowed to pull the pin and they had swim noodles in the cups so you didn’t have to reach in. They also has everybody sign a waiver before you could play. The course was busy but everybody did a good job of staying separated.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Restaurants and bars closed in all golf courses in Ireland now. Many of the pro shops closed also. Most, if not all, courses still open for social rounds of golf. Strict social distancing recommended and being observed. No flag sticks on the greens and bunkers generally out of play so no handling of flag sticks or rakes. All club competitions cancelled nationally too.

Many clubs have a flag of a particular colour off the back of the green to indicate where on the green the hole is e.g., Red - front, Yellow - middle, Blue - back.

Looking forward to seeing you guys back on this side of the Atlantic when we get through this.......

On 3/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, trombettista_vecchio said:

I thought that Governor Cuomo imposed a stay home order.

I called the other day, things may have changed since then. I think I will try to get out next week if I can. Got to get out of this house and simple walks aren't doing it for me.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, trombettista_vecchio said:

I thought that Governor Cuomo imposed a stay home order.

I just checked all the State courses are now closed.

We've gone to swim noodles in the cups. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

played a local walk on course today and rarely got within 100 yards of any other person.  even in the clubhouse, they had a 2 person max inside, as well as a velvet rope set up 2 feet in front of the counter to create a social distance.  add to that tapping my debit card instead of touching the buttons, and I felt pretty damn safe.  cashier was also wearing a mask.  It was interesting to say the least, but golf to me has the ability to truly remain a viable recreational activity during even the most strict times of social distance and isolation.  

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Got an email from local courses saying they are closed for at least until April 30th due to COVID-19.

Well, time to hunker down and shelter-in-place and catch up on work and binge watching.  

I still workout (not at a gym as they too are closed) early in the morning to keep my sanity.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

We've gone to swim noodles in the cups. 

That’s actually working really well for us.

Smart guy who came up with that!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

That’s actually working really well for us.

Smart guy who came up with that!

Buying a hundred shares in the company as soon as trading starts in the morning.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

while i appreciate that golf courses are trying to protect golfers by making us putt with the flagstick in, and having gimme putts and such, I feel like it's kind of just them making it seem like theyre trying to part of the solution.  but i imagine if there was some sort of study, the amount of flu virus contracted through touching flagsticks would be very.............. um, rare.  thats just my opinion.  I putt with the stick in anyways, so i don't really care.  but inherently, golf is a game played at a distance from most other people which makes it a great thing to do to stay active.  when i was out driving yesterday, during a period when our local government has implored us to keep 6 feet apart at all times, I witnessed hundreds of people at the local park just walking about.  most were couples, so i assume they don't care about social distance anyways, since its almost impossible to avoid catching it, if you are in any sort of physical relationship, but i also saw many groups, not maintaining distance, or people playing basketball, which is a sweaty, close quarters sport, which has already infected several nba'ers.  i feel like most people felt like social distancing and businesses being closed meant it was a great chance to get outside and play, thinking that the fresh air is wafting the virus away from them.  anyways, city officlals were pissed at what they witnessed that day, and theyre going to start handing out fines if people don't take social distance seriously, which is also going to ruin golf for many as theyll eventually shut down all non essential businesses as a result. 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

10 hours ago, downbylaw11 said:

while i appreciate that golf courses are trying to protect golfers by making us putt with the flagstick in, and having gimme putts and such, I feel like it's kind of just them making it seem like theyre trying to part of the solution.  but i imagine if there was some sort of study, the amount of flu virus contracted through touching flagsticks would be very.............. um, rare.  thats just my opinion.

I think you're probably right, the risk of passing the virus along by touching the flagstick is pretty small.  Same with passing it along by removing the ball from the hole.  But its a risk, and one that's fairly easy to eliminate, so why not go ahead and eliminate it.  Every time we leave our little safe cocoon we're taking a little risk, its smart to eliminate as many of those risks as we can.  And again, the risk we take isn't just to our own health, bu to the people "downstream" who might become infected because we passed the virus along to them.

I hope I can continue to play golf, but I have no issues with any of the measures the club has taken to minimize my risks.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

Just wait. Because of people only doing what’s “mandated,” many states are mandating closure of all non-life-sustaining businesses. Including golf courses.

NY just closed their courses I think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We just got our stay-at-home order yesterday afternoon. 

The funny thing is there are so many exceptions that three out of the three people in my household are, according to the order, "essential". So it's work as usual for us for the time being.

(edited)

the Michigan governor just issued a 3 week mandatory stay at home order.   It goes into effect at midnight.   There will be a mad rush at the grocery stores even though there isn't a need.  Golf is done.     

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!