IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The governor down here just implemented a state-wide stay at home order. Fortunately, golf courses remain on the list of allowable, essential activities, and will stay open, with continued social distancing and touch point guidelines in place!

:dance:

• Like 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The governor down here just implemented a state-wide stay at home order. Fortunately, golf courses remain on the list of allowable, essential activities, and will stay open, with continued social distancing and touch point guidelines in place!

I hear that they're stopping people coming in to see where they are going.

- Shane

On 3/30/2020 at 9:38 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Good PR is not found in charging more for a single cart in these times.  As far as the regular season greens fee rate, I understand that.

I don't! You can lose a ball in the middle of a fairway at this time of year. Heck, it was March when they sent this e-mail! Most courses don't charge regular season rates until Memorial Day! I can't stand profiteers. 

On 3/31/2020 at 3:43 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

My state said flat out "No".  Not that they're opposed to fresh air activity, with social distancing, but that the employees of a golf course did not fit the "essential worker" dictum.

Well, there you have some stupid politicians who have probably never run a business in their lives. Golf course employees are pretty "essential" to the golf course now aren't they? What are they supposed to do? Grow a hay field out there?

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Yeah, we've had that for 2 weeks. We can still go out for groceries or carry out food, etc. Also, some golf courses are open, with precautions. 

10 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, there you have some stupid politicians who have probably never run a business in their lives. Golf course employees are pretty "essential" to the golf course now aren't they? What are they supposed to do? Grow a hay field out there?

Our stupid politicians had the foresight and intelligence to say that golf courses could still be maintained.  And greens fees here in Washington State generally go up in March. I'm still okay with that... nothing better than being on a golf course on a warmish, sunny day. 

Edited by Double Mocha Man

9 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

What the hell?!!!

stand up comedy GIF

That is hilarious!!!

So far, I am unable to get back to CO as flights have been cancelled.  I have a flight scheduled for this Friday.  Hopefully, it does not get cancelled.

I am looking forward to riding my Ninja out on my own.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Our governor is signing a shelter-in-place order, but he is an incoherent, bumbling idiot, so no one is clear on what it actually means.  The closest golf course to me, Sugar Hill Golf Club, announced that they were opening back up this week, and another course I play in the area is open, and has been, but I think this means they will all be closed until April 13th.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

5 hours ago, Yukari said:

That is hilarious!!!

So far, I am unable to get back to CO as flights have been cancelled.  I have a flight scheduled for this Friday.  Hopefully, it does not get cancelled.

I am looking forward to riding my Ninja out on my own.  

I hope you get home soon and safe. I know your bike misses you. My Harley did all winter long. 

024BCF50-0E06-43E7-8469-55DA76217413.jpeg

- Shane

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

So glad they’re keeping the courses open, I would absolutely lose my friggin mind if I had to stay in the house every single day. I mean, I can only rake the yard so many times lol. Played Arlington Ridge yesterday and fortunately, I have an awesome wife who told me I HAVE to play at least once a week because she knows there’s no way I can just sit around the house forever.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I was scheduled to play this Friday, but when my wife found out that a friend's husband who recently passed away, did so due to COVID-19, she kind of freaked out about it, and I cancelled.  He was 46 years old, extremely active, and in really good health.  Regardless, they will probably be closed tomorrow anyway.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

We better be ok to play for the next three days because I just prepaid for a Sunday morning round.

It's been so long that I'm delusional about how I'll play. 

9 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hope you get home soon and safe. I know your bike misses you. My Harley did all winter long. 

024BCF50-0E06-43E7-8469-55DA76217413.jpeg

Nice bike!  That's gotta cost a pretty penny.  I always loved Harleys - very distinctive sound.  You know it's a Harley without even having to look at it.

Interesting note.  They tried to trademark their sound but got turned down.  I think they described it as saying "potatoes" fast.

As for golf, I am hoping to play when I get back to CO.  I got emails from some of the courses saying they are open with walking only.

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

We better be ok to play for the next three days because I just prepaid for a Sunday morning round.

It's been so long that I'm delusional about how I'll play

I often play a lot better after a little layoff.  Only the long game, though.  The short game suffers a lot.  So overall, scores worse but the long game is a lot better.  I think I get rid of some bad habits for the long game during a layoff and it slows creeps back in as I play regularly.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It's been so long that I'm delusional about how I'll play. 

I just played Homestead. Conditions weren’t great, but it was good to be out. Gov. DeWine extended the stay at home order until 5/1. I wouldn’t be surprised if they close golf courses again. 

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

Nice bike!  That's gotta cost a pretty penny.  I always loved Harleys - very distinctive sound.  You know it's a Harley without even having to look at it.

Yep. One more year or so and she’s all mine!

- Shane

On 4/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Our stupid politicians had the foresight and intelligence to say that golf courses could still be maintained.  And greens fees here in Washington State generally go up in March. I'm still okay with that... nothing better than being on a golf course on a warmish, sunny day. 

I really don't care when fees go up in Washington state! I'm not IN Washington state. I'm in NE Ohio.  I only care about when they go up here, and this is way early! March, generally most of April, and the first half of May can be considered "mud ball" time!  And the extra charge for a solo cart? Sorry! This strikes me as profiteering! 

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I really don't care when fees go up in Washington state! I'm not IN Washington state. I'm in NE Ohio.  I only care about when they go up here, and this is way early! March, generally most of April, and the first half of May can be considered "mud ball" time!  And the extra charge for a solo cart? Sorry! This strikes me as profiteering! 

Try Golfnow or some other online retailer...Teeoff.com

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Be thankful you can still play golf where you live. I would pay double just to get back on the course again.

• Like 1

The worst aspect of the shutdown is the lack of understanding by are Govt. around how a Golf Course is created and kept in playable order and how simple it could be done even under the strict COVID regs..... even if it was just greens at the min.

And esp. as we have parks still being maintained sometimes right next door t0o many of our courses.

Going see many $$$ wasted which going by how our Govt is going isn't a concern...but will put many Golf Courses into the red esp Club courses

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

It's incredibly painful to have spent the last few months taking thousands of swings, working every single day videoing and working on my swing, spent hours on the range and on the simulator working on my yardages, got a membership at a course my friends dad just bought, joined their Wednesday night league and when spring finally arrives the weather is beautiful and it's fairly dry theeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn the government tells me I can't golf. Still have to go work 40+ hours a week I can see people out at parks every day but don't you dare step foot on a golf course. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!