nevets88

2020 The Players Championship

48 posts / 2861 viewsLast Reply

You want to get peoples attention in the United States? Disrupt their sports menu.  Or run out of toilet paper...either one.  This isn't political.  My bracket is no longer relevant.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Piz said:

My bracket is no longer relevant.

And when you get to the Pearly Gates, St Peter will tell you it was a perfect bracket.😀

On 3/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, Slim_Pivot said:

I’m watching “Live From THE PLAYERS” and Brandel says “he [Brooks] was wider off of the golf ball last year, nowhere near as wide this year.”

CEBAD398-FE5A-423B-8F6B-7F03431C7A81.thumb.jpeg.9355e500f65a514a77476271b8e0a70b.jpeg

• Am I missing something, his arms looks about the same width.
  • the camera isn’t exactly the same, so measuring the distance between his lead hand and hip won’t work....looks close tho.

I’m not trying to be some picky jerk here. I actually want to make sure that I’m not missing something. Especially with wording like “nowhere near as wide this year”

You're not missing anything. Let your eyes be your guide. All you are witnessing is Brandel Chamblee being a clueless jerk! Just because they're on TV doesn't necessarily mean they know more than you do! 

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

You're not missing anything. Let your eyes be your guide. All you are witnessing is Brandel Chamblee being a clueless jerk! Just because they're on TV doesn't necessarily mean they know more than you do! 

Brandel is not a "clueless jerk."

He knows more about the golf swing than most people here (as he should).

Just now, Buckeyebowman said:

I guess that's why he was so successful on the Tour! 

a. That was a long time ago. He's learned a lot since then. He was a player then, it was not his job to learn a lot about the golf swing, only to make his swing good.

b. He won a PGA Tour event, so… yeah, he was pretty damn successful.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:00 AM, iacas said:

I think people attribute far too much to the mental game, as usual.

He got hot, then cooled off. Brooks too. Jordan too. The list goes on.

Jordans cool streak though it working on it's 3rd straight year lol.

55 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

Jordans cool streak though it working on it's 3rd straight year lol.

David Duval’s cool streak is 19 years and counting..........

39 minutes ago, Beastie said:

David Duval’s cool streak is 19 years and counting..........

He was my favorite player back then.  Don't remind me.  Still, he has some excuse, injuries derailed him.  Jordan isn't injured.

10 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

How much do you think DJ knows about a golf swing? 

15 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Just because you know something doesn't mean you can do it.

Likewise, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you know how to do it.

23 hours ago, Vinsk said:

How much do you think DJ knows about a golf swing? 

I think he knows a lot about his own swing, but not how to apply that to others. He works on his own with his instructor.

On 3/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, Yukari said:

Just because you know something doesn't mean you can do it.

Likewise, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you know how to do it.

You have a point. This brought to mind a vid I saw of Tiger with Butch Harmon when Harmon was his instructor. Tiger said, something like, "Butchie keeps telling me not to go across the line. Hey Butchie, show us your backswing,"  Harmon takes the club back and, of course, he goes across the line. Tiger then looks at the camera with a big smile and says, "See what I mean? Do as I say, not as I do!"

Still, Chamblee seems to step "over the line" a bit too much and take extreme positions. The way I look at things, Johnny Miller could do that. Brandel Chamblee? NO!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Still, Chamblee seems to step "over the line" a bit too much and take extreme positions. The way I look at things, Johnny Miller could do that. Brandel Chamblee? NO!

Once again, Brandel probably knows much more about the golf swing than Johnny.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, Chris223 said:

Jordan isn't injured.

No, but he looks like an absolute headcase of a player to caddy for.  Touching towels and all the shenanigans he does.  He has some weird quirks.  He reminds me of a small twitchy dog haha.  I think with his long game game falling apart, it's only gotten worse too.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, iacas said:

Once again, Brandel probably knows much more about the golf swing than Johnny.

And just how many majors did Brandel win?

5 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

And just how many majors did Brandel win?

Your point?

Brandel probably knows much more about the golf swing than Johnny Miller.

Those you can, do. Those who can't, teach. Some people are better teachers than players. I watched a video filmed probably in the 90's with Gary McCord giving a clinic. My first thought was this guy has never one a Tour event. But then, the dudes in the clinic have never or will never play in a Tour event. I'd take instruction from McCord, or Chamblee.