IGNORED

COVID-19 Strikes the PGA Tour, Events to be Played Without Fans

Alohaed
Note: This thread is 1452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a member of an international computer forum.   One member that lives in Italy said the problem was that when people came down sick, everyone panicked.   Everyone ran to the emergency room, sick with the Coronavirus or just the plain flu.  The people that didn't have the Coronavirus got infected from the ones that were infected.  More panic ensued.   There were other issues but the bottom line, they over loaded the emergency rooms beyond capacity.    The medical staff couldn't keep up and became infected too which limited the number of staff.

The best way to help everyone is to stay home if you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I put you in the same "tin foil hat" crowd as those who doubt the moon landing, since you seem to believe that COVID-19 will be the end of the world! You are also skeptical of how it will turn out as far as how we are reacting to the infection. And you don't know anything more about it than anyone else! 

1000 dead in Italy

11000 tests so far in the U.S. Wow. Talk about being ahead of the game.

But of course, last week you had only 10 cases and they were all recovering very quickly and anyway, summer is coming. 

And the stock market is "looking good to me" D. Trump. February 25.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

And with that, players championship and all events until the valerlo is cancelled...

• Informative 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

32 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm a member of an international computer forum.   One member that lives in Italy said the problem was that when people came down sick, everyone panicked.   Everyone ran to the emergency room, sick with the Coronavirus or just the plain flu.  The people that didn't have the Coronavirus got infected from the ones that were infected.  More panic ensued.   There were other issues but the bottom line, they over loaded the emergency rooms beyond capacity.    The medical staff couldn't keep up and became infected too which limited the number of staff.

This. Forget the numbers. People are totally disregarding the low threat this virus has on otherwise healthy people. The WHO has even stated ‘ 80% of infections will result in MILD illnesses.’ MILD. Inciting panic and having 20 something year olds flock to medical clinics for runny noses and coughs is asinine PERIOD. If you’ve been directly exposed to a known COVID-19 infected person  or exposed to travelers from known high endemic areas then take common sense precautions. I’m not minimizing the spread of the this virus. It’s the ‘ oh my God I could die from this’ that needs to stop.

Millions of people can’t take a cold for more than two days. Those who aren’t in the medical field don’t realize how rampant it really is. They don’t see the over reaction people have every single day over simple cold symptoms. We can’t convince people to get the flu vaccine or take basic precautions during the flu season but here comes this virus and everybody is running around in panic despite it causing no more serious illness than the flu for otherwise healthy people. Protecting senior citizens and those who are immunocompromised is paramount. I appreciate the efforts being made but the panic attitude is unreasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Yea well unless my company decides to tell me that they're offering unlimited paid time off until this passes for me to stay home that's not an option for me or 99% of the working population.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

2 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Yea well unless my company decides to tell me that they're offering unlimited paid time off until this passes for me to stay home that's not an option for me or 99% of the working population.

I don't see why bricklayers and plumbers and truck drivers and gardeners can't simply ask their bosses to let them work from home. Just get some collaborative workgroup software and work with your "team" from home. Easy. I don't see why waiters and bar staff can't also simply work from home to stop the spread of the disease.

I am having some trees lopped next week and I'm going to see if the arborist can do it remotely. It's a very simple solution to a complex problem.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, snapfade said:

I live in Florida, and I get my news from Alex Jones. Apparently this is all an orchestrated maneuver laid out at the last Bilderberg meeting by the disinfectant industry to boost declining sales of cleaning products worldwide.   

I heard the toilet paper industry was in cahoots too! 😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I heard the toilet paper industry was in cahoots too! 😜

Drove past the local Kroger on the way home and it took 10 minutes to ooze through. About halfway in to that 1000-foot sojurn, I started to wonder how much toilet paper we have at the house. 

Answer turned out to be 4 rolls. Now contemplating how long that will last.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

1000 dead in Italy

11000 tests so far in the U.S. Wow. Talk about being ahead of the game.

But of course, last week you had only 10 cases and they were all recovering very quickly and anyway, summer is coming. 

And the stock market is "looking good to me" D. Trump. February 25.

Please no politics.

7 hours ago, Chris223 said:

My company stressed protecting the factory folks and asked all that could work from home to do so. This was done to reduce the amount of people in the building and provide more cleaning materials and PPE for the factory personnel. Their health is important and reducing potential exposure paramount. We are a global company and this has been applied worldwide.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, dennyjones said:

My biggest concern through all of this is that one of my kids gets sick from something else and I have to take them to the ER or a clinic and end up exposing us to COVID-19.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Drove past the local Kroger on the way home and it took 10 minutes to ooze through. About halfway in to that 1000-foot sojurn, I started to wonder how much toilet paper we have at the house. 

Answer turned out to be 4 rolls. Now contemplating how long that will last.

I took some rolls from work. 

Colin P.

usatsi_14174718.jpg?w=640

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said Friday morning...

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Masters postponed:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I didn’t find anything wrong playing with no fans. Just seems to me they want to copy all the other sports and just postpone everything.

Damn, I get two months of reprieve before heading back out to sea. Was looking forward to coming home, relaxing, and watching March Madness, the NHL, Players and Masters. Crap.

Edited by ChrisP

10 hours ago, Chris223 said:

You think that 1 percent of the population is all that works in an office? Fortunately you are wrong, and there are 10s of millions of Americans that do have the option to work from home. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

11 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I didn’t find anything wrong playing with no fans. Just seems to me they want to copy all the other sports and just postpone everything.

Damn, I get two months of reprieve before heading back out to sea. Was looking forward to coming home, relaxing, and watching March Madness, the NHL, Players and Masters. Crap.

Losing sports is a big chunk out of most everyone's life.  But even with tour golf (minus galleries) a lot of people are in close proximity to each other.  Players in the locker room, officials in the tent, administration in the clubhouse, concessions, caddies in their area.

Note: This thread is 1452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!