IGNORED

What Are You Doing Now (Quarantine Edition)?

Piz
Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They just announce that golf courses in Michigan can remain open.   We just need some good weather now.  32° forecast for Saturday.

I played disc golf again today.   Lost but had fun.    Playing again tomorrow before the rain comes in.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Whispering Woods is open again (kinda).

image.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Social distancing at my pool room...   

I’ll let you know if I die!  :-D

644447ED-06D7-4831-8480-C42DF5324423.jpeg

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Thank you for demonstrating how utterly ridiculous your position and the position of far too many is on this.

We'll put you soundly in the "not a fan of science or math" group.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Put me in the “following all cdc and state mandated guideline, supporting a local, small business that I hope survives while many will not” group.  😁

In David's bag....

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Put me in the “following all cdc and state mandated guideline, supporting a local, small business that I hope survives while many will not” group.  😁

You are not following the guidelines as you are not keeping the recommended distance apart. You can support them other ways. If just one of you gets it, someone they contact could die. How would you feel then?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

51 minutes ago, iacas said:

Whispering Woods is open again (kinda).

image.png

So if ball hits the cup that’s considered holed? Curious what the raised cup looks like. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

32 minutes ago, David in FL said:

No, you won’t.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If you don't know how to make "your"  into a contraction you're an idiot.  Professor Snapfade, I know that wasn't you. 😃

Don't argue with Ron Swanson.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Social distancing at my pool room...   

644447ED-06D7-4831-8480-C42DF5324423.jpeg

Where's that?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, you won’t.

Ha!  Ok.  True dat!   :-D

In David's bag....

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

So if ball hits the cup that’s considered holed? Curious what the raised cup looks like. 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

You are not following the guidelines as you are not keeping the recommended distance apart. You can support them other ways. If just one of you gets it, someone they contact could die. How would you feel then?

Yeah, this. You're not.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Mandated.

I bet that not many on this forum have maintained a 6 foot distance separation from all people all day.  Nor will they.

Once we acknowledge what, of all this, is silliness, we’ll be a step closer to actually getting people to follow guidelines that are realistically achievable.

In David's bag....

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Mandated.

Oh brother.

Here's a photo of @David in FL from earlier today:

dinfl.jpg

Lately I've been getting into day trading options. There have been some wild swings in the market lately.

Plus I have been playing A LOT of NHL 20 on Xbox with my friends. 

The indoor golf facility I go to has remained opened so I still go there on my lunch breaks but they have reduced the number of open bays to keep under 10 people in the facility at all times and they sanitize each bay after every session.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

The Governor shut down bars and night clubs for a few weeks it seems like. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

To my friends who are debating not staying safe in this crisis,  please reconsider.  Whatever our disagreements, I like you and want you to stick around.  

As for me... gym closed, so I'm taking walks and thinking I should do some biking.  I might turn that into "jump around the back yard" or something if I find out I should not go for the walks or bikings.  If the golf courses close, which they probably will, it'll be a lot of indoor practice and backyard speed sticks, plus whatever exercise, with the goal of being better at golf when the time comes.  If only I could figure out how to get a workable evolvr video in my indoor golf room.

I also have the queue of books to read, so maybe when I next get to watch a live NHL game, I'll know what's happening.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!