Jump to content
Piz

What Are You Doing Now (Quarantine Edition)?

203 posts / 6206 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s not about that. You’ve got it all wrong.

 

14 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, you won't be "going out" at all in the near future! 

Yeah, I guess a whole lot of people aren't allowed to earn a living anymore! DeWiner should be worried more about people in his own age group than those who regularly frequent bars and restaurants! 

It’s about all of us flattening the curve as the CDC says. We wouldn’t want to overwhelm the hospitals and medical centers with too many cases of this novel virus. 

In NY, the state government left it up to the local school districts to close. 

Probably more time for me and the kids to bond let’s say.

Let’s take care of ourselves and each other during these difficult times. Be humble. Help each other out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1) Going to switch from going to the gym to doing a daily walking routine.

2) I don't watch a lot of sports on TV anyway so that doesn't change my life much. I already miss following my teams, though. I enjoyed reading blogs and following writers on The Athletic, for example.

3) Having said the above...March Madness was one event I loved watching. Missing that (and the Stanley Cup playoffs) will be tough.

4) I have plenty of books lined up. I'll be going through those a bit faster than I would normally with no games going on.

5) I enjoy fantasy football. I have drafts coming up which I can research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Just found out that Ohio's Governor Dewine just shut down all bars and restaurants for dinning room service. Only carry out or delivery.

Guess Dewy doesn't want to get accused of not doing enough.

People are losing their jobs for an “over abundance of caution”, even in cases where their employers remain open.  But hey, at least that gives them some free time to go out and look for toilet paper...

...Of course, they won’t necessarily be able to pay for it, but at least they might not get the flu.   

Edited by David in FL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's all fun and games until the strip joints close. 

shutterstock_1662114586.jpg?width=600&ma

Coronavirus has led to some people staying at home, but two strip clubs in the United States have launched promotions to get people through their doors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, snapfade said:

It's all fun and games until the strip joints close. 

shutterstock_1662114586.jpg?width=600&ma

Coronavirus has led to some people staying at home, but two strip clubs in the United States have launched promotions to get people through their doors.

 

lmao...too funny...good find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, you won't be "going out" at all in the near future! 

Yeah, I guess a whole lot of people aren't allowed to earn a living anymore! DeWiner should be worried more about people in his own age group than those who regularly frequent bars and restaurants! 

While I agree that Dewine is not making the best decisions, I will go out as much as a please. I am safe and healthy as I do so. I played my 18 hole round today, went to the grocery, and went about my normal business (pool at a friends house afterwards). I can't believe how many people need so much extra from the grocery. That's my biggest surprise. I thought it would be a pretty quick return to the normal fully stocked shelves, but apparently people need 3 times the amount of everything that they normally do. All I can hope is that the grocery mania falls off, and that our governor decides to use reason in the coming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

Seems like he’s actually concerned about taking smart, evidence based action to avert a public health disaster, and protecting the most vulnerable people. 

Wait, so young healthy people going out to restaurants and bars effects the elderly/weak? I don't really think that this is the answer. There are plenty of people staying home on their own accord. My buddy went to a Texmex place on friday night (one of their busiest times), he said it was empty. Literally forcing businesses to shut down doesn't sound smart to me. Why not shut the grocery stores down too? You are far more likely to encounter a bug there than sitting in a booth at a restaurant or pulling up a chair at your local watering hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the down time, I’m definitely missing the sports on tv, esp golf. 

Starting to read the long Putting and Short Game Bible by Pelz. Hoping it will improve the scoring. Any feedback on these books?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Wait, so young healthy people going out to restaurants and bars effects the elderly/weak?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

You are far more likely to encounter a bug there than sitting in a booth at a restaurant or pulling up a chair at your local watering hole.

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes.

No.

1. If I am washing my hands and being careful, explain how I effect elderly/weak if there are none in that environment

2. So the restaurants that clean tables after they are done are safer than the grocery store (that typically has cleaning on a time schedule instead of a use schedule)?

I am not advocating for everyone to go out and live their normal lives. Mine has changed some, but not much. I am washing my hands more often and not touching my face unless its immediately after a wash. But to shut down the restaurant business altogether seems extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Phew, was close. WA is closing all bars, restaurants, and recreational activities. Had to check the details, they meant indoor only like gyms. Still good to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

1. If I am washing my hands and being careful, explain how I effect elderly/weak if there are none in that environment

You can still contract the virus and pass it on. Doing the things you’re talking about only reduce the odds.

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

2. So the restaurants that clean tables after they are done are safer than the grocery store (that typically has cleaning on a time schedule instead of a use schedule)?

I didn’t say that.


Basic stuff here. It’s on everyone to avoid crowds, do their part, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read an news piece that says Trump is expected in initiate an interstate travel ban possibly by this evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spent the last week in Florida for Bike Week. I put over 1000 miles on my bike. I could care less about TV myself, although The University of Dayton had an outstanding team this year and was expected to go far in the tourney. It's a shame that they didn't have a chance to win a championship. Those kids got robbed.

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

I read an news piece that says Trump is expected in initiate an interstate travel ban possibly by this evening. 

I wish he would have done that last week forcing me to stay in Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

I spent the last week in Florida for Bike Week. I put over 1000 miles on my bike. I could care less about TV myself, although The University of Dayton had an outstanding team this year and was expected to go far in the tourney. It's a shame that they didn't have a chance to win a championship. Those kids got robbed.

I wish he would have done that last week forcing me to stay in Florida.

Im an hour south of Daytona, next time lets meet for beer at Winghouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Im an hour south of Daytona, next time lets meet for beer at Winghouse.

Sounds good. I loved Winghouse when we lived there. The wife and I are planning to move back at some point. Hopefully soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took the weekend to get my basement organized after a flood last year left it a mess. Now I've got my golf net set up down there and I started taking full swings. Gonna be a nice reprieve from the cabin fever to go hit a few shots. 

I've never seen more people taking walks in my neighborhood, ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/15/2020 at 9:12 PM, onthehunt526 said:

 

It’s about all of us flattening the curve as the CDC says. We wouldn’t want to overwhelm the hospitals and medical centers with too many cases of this novel virus. 

In NY, the state government left it up to the local school districts to close. 

Probably more time for me and the kids to bond let’s say.

Let’s take care of ourselves and each other during these difficult times. Be humble. Help each other out.

I've heard this "flattening the curve" nonsense, and think it's a load of propaganda. Consider the numbers they're comparing. Early March, when we were testing basically nobody, to now when we're doing thousands of tests a day! What would you expect to happen? If you go looking for something, you're apt to find it! 

22 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

While I agree that Dewine is not making the best decisions, I will go out as much as a please. I am safe and healthy as I do so. I played my 18 hole round today, went to the grocery, and went about my normal business (pool at a friends house afterwards). I can't believe how many people need so much extra from the grocery. That's my biggest surprise. I thought it would be a pretty quick return to the normal fully stocked shelves, but apparently people need 3 times the amount of everything that they normally do. All I can hope is that the grocery mania falls off, and that our governor decides to use reason in the coming months.

People can be idiots. They succumb to panic, which DeWine seem to be doing a bit of. Either that, or there's something we're not being told! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...