IGNORED

How Will the 1200 Bucks You're Going to Get Affect Your Golf Game?

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/17/2020 at 10:36 PM, snapfade said:

What are you going to do with the check you're going to get in a few weeks? 

Now it's up to 1200 bucks for an individual.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

600 Spongebob Square Pants golf balls.

NEW FROM PACKAGE WILSON NICKELODEON SPONGEBOB GOLF BALL

Best use of the loot yet.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

hungry the blues brothers GIF

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

9 hours ago, bwdial said:

hungry the blues brothers GIF

Plain white toast.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's $1200 and it's not taxable. That's what the news said. If they have your bank account information, it will go directly into your bank account. 

What does this mean for me? The way I've been playing lately, I might just put ego aside and get a set of Cleveland HB Turbos: 6 - PW, maybe GW with graphite shafts. Yes I know that will be individual irons, but it will be less than the cost of a full set. I've heard good things about these clubs. Laugh all you want at the golf course.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• iacas changed the title to How Will the 1200 Bucks You're Going to Get Affect Your Golf Game?
On 3/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, Bonvivant said:

The issue is where do you draw the line for financial need? You can't look at things on a case by case basis, so it will be given to plenty of people that don't need it, or it won't be given to everyone that does need it. I'm sure it will be based on last years tax records and they will have to find a place to draw a line. 

As I understand it, single folks making over $99K a year will not recieve any stimulus monies. Double that for couples. There is also a prorated lessor amount for high dollar folks ($75K?) making less than $99K Those dollar amounts may have changed with the finished product. I didn't read what the finished numbers are. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 minutes ago, Patch said:

As I understand it, single folks making over $99K a year will not recieve any stimulus monies. Double that for couples. There is also a prorated lessor amount for high dollar folks ($75K?) making less than $99K Those dollar amounts may have changed with the finished product. I didn't read what the finished numbers are. 

I understand that they made a line, but in order to help those who actually need it, they end up being wasteful by including lots of people that don't. That's the issue that I see with it, but I'm not going to dive any deeper because that would almost certainly bring political stuff into the picture. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

26 minutes ago, Patch said:

18 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I understand that they made a line, but in order to help those who actually need it, they end up being wasteful by including lots of people that don't. That's the issue that I see with it, but I'm not going to dive any deeper because that would almost certainly bring political stuff into the picture. 

My understanding is what they have learned over the years of doing "stimulus" packages is that "need" has nothing to do with it. What they want to do is send you money and have you "spend" it. 

The last 2 times they did a stimulus where they sent people checks, what they found out was that people over a certain income level didn't "spend" their checks. Instead they saved or invested their checks. What they want is for you to get a check and spend it. They want to get the economy flowing again. That's the reason for trying to guess who will spend the money and who will save the money. They want to put the money directly into the economy. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My understanding is what they have learned over the years of doing "stimulus" packages is that "need" has nothing to do with it. What they want to do is send you money and have you "spend" it. 

The last 2 times they did a stimulus where they sent people checks, what they found out was that people over a certain income level didn't "spend" their checks. Instead they saved or invested their checks. What they want is for you to get a check and spend it. They want to get the economy flowing again. That's the reason for trying to guess who will spend the money and who will save the money. They want to put the money directly into the economy. 

Doesn't that further prove what I was saying about them casting too wide of a net? I don't make a ton of money, and will get a check. It will go to savings/investment for me, and I'd imagine that at least 30 percent of people that get the check will do the same. 75k seems awfully high for people that will need/use the money the way they think. I think they could have gone with something like 40k for single, 75k household and have a better ROI for what they are looking for. Of course, this is all just speculation. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

53 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My plan is to spend it at local restaurants and tip generously to help out those who are currently unemployed.

- Shane

Even if you don't run out and spend the cash, it still has an effect unless you are literally burying it in the back yard or putting it under your mattress. 

Money invested will presumably enable some sort of operation to build something or expand its operations. Money put into the bank will presumably get loaned out. 

That said, if @CarlSpackler wants to buy me lunch, it's ok with me.

Edited by mcanadiens

It won't affect my golf game at all. When we get it we will use it to pay bills.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Think I might pop for that Mavrik driver, 3 wood, and gap wedge to fill out the set. We need to stimulate the economy.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

3 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Think I might pop for that Mavrik driver, 3 wood, and gap wedge to fill out the set. We need to stimulate the economy.

Always good to have handy justification... 😊

I would use it to bet on sports.  My state just made sports betting legal, but there are no sports being played..

56 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Even if you don't run out and spend the cash, it still has an effect unless you are literally burying it in the back yard or putting it under your mattress. 

Money invested will presumably enable some sort of operation to build something or expand its operations. Money put into the bank will presumably get loaned out. 

That said, if @CarlSpackler wants to buy me lunch, it's ok with me.

I should have paid you to do my taxes. I hate doing that.

- Shane

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

Doesn't that further prove what I was saying about them casting too wide of a net? I don't make a ton of money, and will get a check. It will go to savings/investment for me, and I'd imagine that at least 30 percent of people that get the check will do the same. 75k seems awfully high for people that will need/use the money the way they think. I think they could have gone with something like 40k for single, 75k household and have a better ROI for what they are looking for. Of course, this is all just speculation. 

I'd went with $25K/$50K and made the stimulus $3600 in three $1200 monthly installments. $50K for couples would be the cut off, as there is still unemployment insurance, and social security available for some folks. 

The country is still in stay home mode for the next 30 days, or so. Getting some stimulus money when things start getting better would seem to help the economy in a more useful way..

Right now, I am staying home 20 or so hours aday, and I hav'nt spent more than $50 dollars in the past 10 days. I ptobably wont spend more than $200 in the next 30 days. Where would I go to spend more?.

There's alot of wasted monies in the this two trillion dollar stimulus plan. More of it should have been ear marked for American families, but as mentioned above, we don't want to get political on this forum. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!