mcanadiens

What is Open in Ohio?

82 posts / 1826 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Those weather guessers of yours sure nailed Sunday's forecast didn't they?

It'll probably be 90 degrees and sunny.

I'm not sure who you are watching, but last Sunday's weather was exactly what I was expecting. Why do you think I didn't ask if you wanted company?

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Besides, can't you just go get yourself some essential long johns at Wal-mart or something. I hear you might have to stand in a long, spaced-out line for awhile, but think about how toasty warm you'll be when you slip those on.

I would rather hibernate until it turns warm.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I drove past Kittyhawk on my way to get Marions piazza last night. It looks they are mowing and maintaining the course at least. When (if) it opens, it should be in great shape @mcanadiens

Anyone playing this afternoon? @Bonvivant?

Beavercreek is open again. I played there this morning. They allowed carts, single rider unless you’re in the same family. The course was in decent shape. Greens had been punched and sanded, but they hadn’t filled the punch holes in with sand. They were still pretty fast once they dried up. Looks like they’re in the process of adding bunkers to a couple holes on the back. The bail out right spot on the #15 tee shot and the area where there used to be a grass bunker in front of #16 green.

It was cold most of the morning. Much nicer out now. The course was pretty empty when we started at 9 and it was getting busier when we got done. Took about 3:45 for our foursome.

47 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Beavercreek is open again. I played there this morning. They allowed carts, single rider unless you’re in the same family. The course was in decent shape. Greens had been punched and sanded, but they hadn’t filled the punch holes in with sand. They were still pretty fast once they dried up. Looks like they’re in the process of adding bunkers to a couple holes on the back. The bail out right spot on the #15 tee shot and the area where there used to be a grass bunker in front of #16 green.

It was cold most of the morning. Much nicer out now. The course was pretty empty when we started at 9 and it was getting busier when we got done. Took about 3:45 for our foursome.

Glad to hear that Beavercreek is open again. I thought Greene County was a definite no on golf. 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:50 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I drove past Kittyhawk on my way to get Marions piazza last night. It looks they are mowing and maintaining the course at least. When (if) it opens, it should be in great shape @mcanadiens

Anyone playing this afternoon? @Bonvivant?

That's good to hear. With those knuckleheads you never now.

Also just discovered that Longshots, the range on 55 between Tipp and Troy is open. Just came from there actually. A few more visits and I might have something resembling a golf swing.

23 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Glad to hear that Beavercreek is open again. I thought Greene County was a definite no on golf. 

Me too, guess it’s going to be like this week to week. As soon as they find out one person had it at one course, they’ll probably shut it all down again. Trying to enjoy it while we can. I didn’t play today, had to do some yard work. Maybe some other time this week.

I wonder if Dayton will have the greens aerated while they are closed for play. If it were me and I had this closure, I would aerate the greens, tee boxes and fairways. With the courses closed for at least a few more weeks, I wouldn't think you would need to sand-fill the fairways

11 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I wonder if Dayton will have the greens aerated while they are closed for play. If it were me and I had this closure, I would aerate the greens, tee boxes and fairways. With the courses closed for at least a few more weeks, I wouldn't think you would need to sand-fill the fairways

You need the right weather and conditions or aerating can be worse than not.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

You need the right weather and conditions or aerating can be worse than not.

I’m trying to remember, but I think they usually do it in April. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...