IGNORED

Is Golf Available Where You Live? (COVID-19 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

COVID-19 and Golf  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are golf courses near you open for play? (Please change your vote as the situation changes.)

• Almost all are open.
    • Some golf courses are still open for play.
    • No golf courses near me are open for play due to COVID-19.
  2. 2. What modifications have golf courses that are open for play made? Select all that apply.

• Limited restaurant/pro shop/clubhouse access.
    • No indoor access at all.
    • Removed ball washers and/or rakes from the course.
    • Tee times spaced further apart.
    • Carts limited to single riders.
    • No carts at all - walking only.
    • Raised cups or foam or PVC inserts to minimize contact with the flagstick/hole.
    • Plentiful hand sanitizer solutions.
    • Only members can play - course is closed to guests.
    • Contact reduced or eliminated - payments handled solely online or by phone.
    • Modifications to group size - twosomes only, threesomes only, family members only, etc.
    • Course is closed.

27 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

OK I see another of my posts was removed by the "PC Police". I'm thinking I may have to go whole hog, just to keep them busy and on their toes. 

Hey! Great idea!😒

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

OK I see another of my posts was removed by the "PC Police". I'm thinking I may have to go whole hog, just to keep them busy and on their toes. 

What the f*** are you talking about? Your posts have not been deleted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

COVID 19 GOLF COURSE CONDITIONS

Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order #20-91, Section 3 - Essential Activities-the golf course will remain open with the following conditions:  

*Social Distancing guidelines are in effect at all times

• If riding in a cart, one person per cart. 
  • No scorecards will be handed out. 
  • Walking is encouraged. 
  • No rakes or pins will be on the course. 
  • 19th Hole take-out is suspended. 
  • No more than 10 people in the pro shop at once. 
  • All riding carts will be disinfected between all uses. 
  • All ball washers will be unusable. 
  • No water on the course. 
  • Bring your own hand sanitizer. 
  • No equipment rental.

Cocoa Beach, FL 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
b8864864-9e45-4c7c-a245-4f1ef54d00e9.jpg

How are state governments regulating golf courses in the United States?
  • Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great information.   How the heck are courses in states like Michigan and Minnesota going to recover if maintenance isn't allowed?   This sucks.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Great information.   How the heck are courses in states like Michigan and Minnesota going to recover if maintenance isn't allowed?   This sucks.  

I had a picture of my old country club that closed abruptly, but I can't find it. It isn't pretty. They go to 💩 very quickly.

- Shane

Well at least they can do maintenance in Maryland, but still planning to sneak across the WV or VA border to play.

Gus
---------------

5 hours ago, iacas said:
b8864864-9e45-4c7c-a245-4f1ef54d00e9.jpg

How are state governments regulating golf courses in the United States?

What stinks is RI courses are open, but out of staters are required to self quarantine for 14 days before going to local businesses. The police came by my cottage while my contractor was there.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What stinks is RI courses are open, but out of staters are required to self quarantine for 14 days before going to local businesses. The police came by my cottage while my contractor was there.

Yeah that's what I hear. But at least courses are open… we're still closed in PA. This Sunday/Monday it's supposed to be in the 60s.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah that's what I hear. But at least courses are open… we're still closed in PA. This Sunday/Monday it's supposed to be in the 60s.

And I just read this.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-03-at-11.08.34-AM-85

The men parked at a McDonald's before a car with local plates dropped them at the course, said police.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I am so ready to be back on the golf course, so ready to hang out with buds and budettes at the local watering hole(s), so ready not to have to disinfect everything I might touch, so ready to stop washing my hands 20 times a day, so ready to not feel like I'll die if I grocery shop, so ready for everything to open again... so ready...

In 31 days... minimum.

(But did anyone notice that May 5, the potential day we go off this is Cinco de Mayo?! Margaritas all around! And the day this all started in Washington: National Melba Toast Day!)

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In 31 days... minimum.

Yeah...

I'll wager a margarita that this is extended through at least the end of June.

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

And I just read this.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-03-at-11.08.34-AM-85

The men parked at a McDonald's before a car with local plates dropped them at the course, said police.

police brutality GIF by South Park

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yeah...

I'll wager a margarita that this is extended through at least the end of June.

I won't accept that wager because you are probably correct... sadly.  But if businesses/courses do open on May 5 I will send you a margarita in celebration, made with clean hands and wearing a mask.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

I won't accept that wager because you are probably correct... sadly.  But if businesses/courses do open on May 5 I will send you a margarita in celebration, made with clean hands and wearing a mask.

So either way I get a margarita. SWEET!!!

jimmy fallon wink GIF

- Shane

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In 31 days... minimum.

Orders can be changed, you know.

12 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

So either way I get a margarita. SWEET!!!

jimmy fallon wink GIF

Do you need a reason for a margarita?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!