IGNORED

Is Golf Available Where You Live? (COVID-19 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

COVID-19 and Golf  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are golf courses near you open for play? (Please change your vote as the situation changes.)

• Almost all are open.
    • Some golf courses are still open for play.
    • No golf courses near me are open for play due to COVID-19.
  2. 2. What modifications have golf courses that are open for play made? Select all that apply.

• Limited restaurant/pro shop/clubhouse access.
    • No indoor access at all.
    • Removed ball washers and/or rakes from the course.
    • Tee times spaced further apart.
    • Carts limited to single riders.
    • No carts at all - walking only.
    • Raised cups or foam or PVC inserts to minimize contact with the flagstick/hole.
    • Plentiful hand sanitizer solutions.
    • Only members can play - course is closed to guests.
    • Contact reduced or eliminated - payments handled solely online or by phone.
    • Modifications to group size - twosomes only, threesomes only, family members only, etc.
    • Course is closed.

1 hour ago, Cartboy said:

When any play at all is questionable, it makes Pace of Play seem relatively minor.

Played in 3:00 flat today.

Waited on just about every hole from 3 on.  

The only time I got closer than 6 feet from somebody else was to collect the $50 I won at the end of the round!   

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

@cooke119 NYS golf courses opening 4/27. No carts at all. 

Yeah, I got a notice from the parks commission. Now if the weather clears up a little it will be good to go. 

Thanks for the post.

19 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In Washington state we are still closed.  Our Governor plays golf but still no word.  I think he's trying to find a way to say golf courses are now open, without ticking off too many people.

When you have a course like Homestead answer the phone and reply...."we aren't officially opened and we aren't officially closed"....when there is only one answer "We are closed"....and instead of answering the phone in the pro shop....shouldn't that staff resource be guarding the parking lot to stop people from sneaking onto the course.....no wonder Inslee continues to designate courses as non-essential when people can't abide by the state's directives.

Can the course be fined by opening?

30 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

When you have a course like Homestead answer the phone and reply...."we aren't officially opened and we aren't officially closed"....when there is only one answer "We are closed"....and instead of answering the phone in the pro shop....shouldn't that staff resource be guarding the parking lot to stop people from sneaking onto the course.....no wonder Inslee continues to designate courses as non-essential when people can't abide by the state's directives.

I support Inslee.  He just did a swing and a miss on the golf course issue.

33 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

The courses could call police for golfers trespassing. Inslee said he doesn’t want to fine businesses. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Bethpage State Park posted April and May schedule.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I moved to New York a few months ago and just joined a private club as they are open. Just got the itch and did not want to wait anymore as most courses are closed. Beautiful views abound here:

IMG_0321.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I moved to New York a few months ago and just joined a private club as they are open. Just got the itch and did not want to wait anymore as most courses are closed. Beautiful views abound here:

IMG_0321.jpg

Where are the leaves on the trees???  I hope you didn't roll that putt too far beyond the hole.  Looks like it could roll all the way down to the lake.

Cuomo deemed the leaves on trees in NY as non essential.  

Edited by jmanbooyaa
  • Like 2

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Cuomo deemed the leaves on trees in NY as non essential.  

😄

My county in WA state hasn't had a Covid-19 death in 5 days!  We're about a quarter million people.  Open up those dang golf courses... we've been good!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

😄

My county in WA state hasn't had a Covid-19 death in 5 days!  We're about a quarter million people.  Open up those dang golf courses... we've been good!

I lived in Richland of the Tri-Cities area. Loved it up there. I played Columbia Point and Sun Willow most the time. Favorite was Wine Valley.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I lived in Richland of the Tri-Cities area. Loved it up there. I played Columbia Point and Sun Willow most the time. Favorite was Wine Valley.

... and Wine Valley has one of the better golf course logos.  But don't touch the flagstick!

Wine-Valley-GC.jpg

Edited by Double Mocha Man

43 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Wine Valley is in my top 5 all time favorite courses. Almost always in fantastic shape and is a ton of fun. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Where are the leaves on the trees???  I hope you didn't roll that putt too far beyond the hole.  Looks like it could roll all the way down to the lake.

It is strange. I south of Buffalo and my lawn service has not mowed yet. Still looks OK, but in Central Ohio I needed mowed by April 1 for sure.

Yes, this hole scares me. It is elevated about 30 feet from the landing area and you don't want to be long.

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

It is strange. I south of Buffalo and my lawn service has not mowed yet. Still looks OK, but in Central Ohio I needed mowed by April 1 for sure.

Since we got back to Missouri from Florida, I have been mowing every two days.

We've only had 10 confirmed COVID cases in the County where my course is located, 3 cases in the County where we live, but there's no way in hell I'd go play golf.  There'll be time for that when the time's right.

Besides, I have grass to mow, and plenty of other stuff to do.

😷

Edited by Cartboy

FWIW, for those who don't take the pandemic seriously, I am not opposed to them gathering in large groups, playing golf, going to bars, the beach, concerts, political rallies, or whatever they want, so long as they stay by themselves and don't mingle with those who take it seriously. 

I don't mean to be mean; this just seems like a way for folks to do what they want.

Does that make sense? 

8 minutes ago, Cartboy said:

FWIW, for those who don't take the pandemic seriously, I am not opposed to them gathering in large groups, playing golf, going to bars, the beach, concerts, political rallies, or whatever they want, so long as they stay by themselves and don't mingle with those who take it seriously. 

I don't mean to be mean; this just seems like a way for folks to do what they want.

Does that make sense? 

Sounds like my old life, pre-February 29.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!