Jump to content
IGNORED

Is Golf Available Where You Live? (COVID-19 Edition)


COVID-19 and Golf  

233 members have voted

  1. 1. Are golf courses near you open for play? (Please change your vote as the situation changes.)

    • Almost all are open.
      109
    • Some golf courses are still open for play.
      60
    • No golf courses near me are open for play due to COVID-19.
      64
  2. 2. What modifications have golf courses that are open for play made? Select all that apply.

    • Limited restaurant/pro shop/clubhouse access.
      115
    • No indoor access at all.
      66
    • Removed ball washers and/or rakes from the course.
      149
    • Tee times spaced further apart.
      72
    • Carts limited to single riders.
      105
    • No carts at all - walking only.
      44
    • Raised cups or foam or PVC inserts to minimize contact with the flagstick/hole.
      146
    • Plentiful hand sanitizer solutions.
      32
    • Only members can play - course is closed to guests.
      22
    • Contact reduced or eliminated - payments handled solely online or by phone.
      65
    • Modifications to group size - twosomes only, threesomes only, family members only, etc.
      18
    • Course is closed.
      70


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, iacas said:
cor-3.jpg?w=1200&h=675&ixlib=react-8.6.4

Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson, who created the highly-cited Imperial College London coronavirus model, which has been cited by organizations like The...

 

I recommend reading that, if for no other reason than to realize just how little people freaking know about this shit.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GolfNow has changed their name to GolfLater.

In Vietnam we have 0 case out there in public for about 2 months, only some cases coming back from other countries and they are all quarantined. So everything is back to normal for more than 1 mo

Governor Tom Wolf clearly does not understand golf OR fishing (the fishing season opened up two weeks EARLY recently). And yeah, southeastern PA is a hot spot. It's Philly, right near NYC. What a

Posted Images

  • Moderator

Our club is still open for golf, with precautions.  I got to play yesterday, walking with my QOD.  There appeared to be a moderate level of play, but not completely full.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, The Flush said:

The original article has updates right in there that speak to this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just went over to my course last night. They're officially closed but are letting people play and asking for a donation. No one was at the pro shop when I went by so I don't know if someone is usually there or the donation should be slipped into the mail slot. They also ask players not to remove the flags and put pool noodles in the cup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

So this happened...

072415%20rain%202.JPG

Clark County health dept. closes golf courses, cites state interpretation of 'non-essential businesses'

 

Just Clark County right?

Actually happened by Miami Shores last night and the last cars were just leaving the lot, so they were at least open yesterday. 

After 21 straight in the office, I need to get out. Miami County better not follow suit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Just Clark County right?

Actually happened by Miami Shores last night and the last cars were just leaving the lot, so they were at least open yesterday. 

After 21 straight in the office, I need to get out. Miami County better not follow suit.

I would definitely call first. I imagine that most will close after this decision.

12 minutes ago, krupa said:

Just went over to my course last night. They're officially closed but are letting people play and asking for a donation. No one was at the pro shop when I went by so I don't know if someone is usually there or the donation should be slipped into the mail slot. They also ask players not to remove the flags and put pool noodles in the cup.

I like that idea. I would be happy to pay virtually or pay them after they reopen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I would definitely call first. I imagine that most will close after this decision.

If we're going to start taking our cues from those goofs in Clark County, we may as well call in the dogs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The latest from the Corona Mitten (aka Michigan):

Update - March 27, 2020 - 6:45 a.m.

Posted to the 2020-21 Executive Order Q&A.

Q: Are golf courses allowed to stay open?

A: No. While EO 2020-21 contemplates outdoor activity, opening a golf course to the public does not fall under the designation of critical infrastructure. Consequently, a golf course may not designate employees as critical infrastructure employees and authorize them to come to work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

The latest from the Corona Mitten (aka Michigan):

Update - March 27, 2020 - 6:45 a.m.

Posted to the 2020-21 Executive Order Q&A.

Q: Are golf courses allowed to stay open?

A: No. While EO 2020-21 contemplates outdoor activity, opening a golf course to the public does not fall under the designation of critical infrastructure. Consequently, a golf course may not designate employees as critical infrastructure employees and authorize them to come to work. 

Does that include course maintenance. Are the courses supposed to left alone?

This is all %#$^ing stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah. The Jackasses did it.

Now that I have my off day, i can spend it at home playing with myself like every other schmuck.

No photo description available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Does that include course maintenance. Are the courses supposed to left alone?

This is all %#$^ing stupid.

From what I understand the GCSAA has lobbied and won the right for minimal course upkeep due to how quickly and badly a disease or something can cause irreparable damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking of Covid....I think the Golf Channel has been handling this worse than the other sport channels I have in Canada. I know they are likely trying to appease sponsors but I like the other sport channels showing cool retro games. I would love to see more retro rounds be shown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
1 minute ago, cutchemist42 said:

Speaking of Covid....I think the Golf Channel has been handling this worse than the other sport channels I have in Canada. I know they are likely trying to appease sponsors but I like the other sport channels showing cool retro games. I would love to see more retro rounds be shown.

They likely do not have the rights to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Found out yesterday my course is closed in MD until further notice, and would assume that's all in MD, but could be wrong as I haven't checked outside of my area.

But heard some courses in WV are still open, time for a road trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, JGus said:

But heard some courses in WV are still open, time for a road trip.

Just be careful. Road trips involve gas stops, restroom stops, unfamiliar settings and scenes, etc.

Unless you're absolutely certain you're going to be able to remain away from everyone and without touching much… I'd look to avoid road trips for awhile.

It's still March, guys.

P.S. And I say that as someone who was going to be in Pinehurst. Today I would have been playing Mid-South. Tomorrow, Pine Needles and the Cradle. The next day, Tobacco Road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...