IGNORED

Tiny Homes

iacas
Note: This thread is 1488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

The one after that was 200sf and $95k. No land.

That's crazy. To me the biggest draw is that they can be cheap. You could even build your own for a really low cost. Sounds like these people have more money than sense.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I know Japanese people are used to living in small homes, especially in major cities, but 165 sq ft is ridiculous.

That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tucks his Japanese visitors into a chest of drawers for the night.

Kramer.png

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

That's crazy. To me the biggest draw is that they can be cheap. You could even build your own for a really low cost. Sounds like these people have more money than sense.

For $95,000 you could build a small, cozy, simple cottage, with fireplace and wine bar.  If you're going to build it on #5 at Pebble Beach you'll have to talk to Charles Schwab about buying a small piece of his land.  Personally, I have a small piece of land from #18... a wedge divot I saved, priced about $100 at the current values.  For some reason the Carmel City Assessor has never made me pay property taxes on it.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

For $95,000 you could build a small, cozy, simple cottage, with fireplace and wine bar.  If you're going to build it on #5 at Pebble Beach you'll have to talk to Charles Schwab about buying a small piece of his land.  Personally, I have a small piece of land from #18... a wedge divot I saved, priced about $100 at the current values.

Have you curated this divot and kept it alive and healthy?

2 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Have you curated this divot and kept it alive and healthy?

Yes, it is planted in my front yard along with divots from Bandon Dunes, Chambers Bay and Medinah Country Club.  On occasion I will chip from it...

The secret to "divot collecting" is to carry a seal-able sandwich bag (to which you'll add a few drops of water back at the hotel/lodge) and ask your caddie to look the other way for a moment.

The first time I did this my caddie kinda freaked out.  But mind you, it was on the 18th hole and close to tip time so he stopped chirping after a few seconds.  I had also bought him a gin & tonic on the 10th hole and promised not to share that info with the caddie master.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I just saw another one: 150 sf for $120,000.

Tiny Heirloom is a national industry-leading tiny home builder. Our luxury tiny houses are built with love for any budget. Schedule your free consult today!

The second link prices "start at" $99,900. Though at least these are 272 square feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No way I could do this with kids. My Colorado house had 5k+ sqft and I still felt crammed. Like Erik asked I’d like to hear from these people 2-3 years into it and see what they think.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My wife was into them. We went to the Boston Home Show last year where they had a few set up. I pointed out to her there were three places to sit, if you counted the toilet. That seemed to end that, now she wants a mobile home...sigh.

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

My wife was into them. We went to the Boston Home Show last year where they had a few set up. I pointed out to her there were three places to sit, if you counted the toilet. That seemed to end that, now she wants a mobile home...sigh.

Has she seen the movie RV?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 3/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, iacas said:

I just saw another one: 150 sf for $120,000.

Tiny Heirloom is a national industry-leading tiny home builder. Our luxury tiny houses are built with love for any budget. Schedule your free consult today!

The second link prices "start at" $99,900. Though at least these are 272 square feet.

272 square feet isn’t a home.  It’s barely a moderately sized bedroom!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

7 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Tell that to NYC realtors.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Tell that to NYC realtors.

Just one of many reasons I don’t live there!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 hours ago, David in FL said:

That's 1/2 the size of my living room!  I couldn't be cooped up with another person in that space especially if you threw up toilets, beds, stoves, cupboards, etc.   I bet the actual living space would close to 100 sq ft.  

for that...

I'm out!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!