IGNORED

Share Something Positive From This COVID-19 Mess

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And that same girl rides with you???  😉

Only in my dreams... 😀

I hear she is with Machine Gun Kelly.  I should've been a rock star.  They seem to get all the good looking girls no matter what they themselves look like.

Note to self: next life come back as a rock start.  🎸

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of something positive. At least people have stopped arguing if it's better to keep the flag in or pull the flag out. That was still a hotly contested debate right up until the COVID thing left the flag "untouchable". 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of negatives that are surfacing and the positive will probably wouldn't show until in the event of a more serious issue in the future.

Hopefully we'll learn something from this exercise.  It really exposed the weakness of our infrastructure which was already stretched to the limit of it's design before the Pandemic.  This event was like the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Modern management style is to maximize leverage and minimize the cost of overhead.  It works well on paper or spreadsheet , in reality the practice of walking on thin ice wouldn't stand the test of time.  Most the guys and gals running the world were educated from the Western pipeline, they all think alike and unfortunately all practice the same management style ( this including the second largest economic body in the world and most of the third world ).  

We had not been through any real crisis for many decades now, a little shack up might be good to wake us up to prepare for the raining days.  

How much we learned and will remembered is yet to be seen.   This would be the most important positive which might come out of this mess. 

I have a couple positives so far, new job and one that I'd love to do until I retire and gaining my PGA membership! 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I was able to get out on the course much more this year with my son. Since the last half of school was done at home and no camps open we got out on the course at least once a week. I also was able to get him to a lesson each week. 

• 1 month later...

The Acushnet Company in New Bedford MA is hiring 200 people to meet increased demand for golf products. They have Foot Joy, Titleist and several other brands under their umbrella.

• 1 month later...

I am saving a small fortune (to me) on car maintenance and gas, clothing and lunches. Just heard, no plan to return until at least April. 

I get two hours a day of commuting time back in my life.

Due to MS Teams use by the company, I'm getting my stretching and pushups done throughout the work day. 

I'm more productive at work., from home.

After losing employment, My son and his better half, moved to a smaller community and both obtained full time employment immediately.

Folks , stay safe and healthy

12 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

I am saving a small fortune (to me) on car maintenance and gas, clothing and lunches. Just heard, no plan to return until at least April. 

I get two hours a day of commuting time back in my life.

Due to MS Teams use by the company, I'm getting my stretching and pushups done throughout the work day. 

I'm more productive at work., from home.

After losing employment, My son and his better half, moved to a smaller community and both obtained full time employment immediately.

Folks , stay safe and healthy

Thanks for the positive experience you shared.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Since we were slow at work for the first 4-5months, I got to play a lot more than usual. I’ve currently played 28-30 times this year whereas I usually get just 15-20 outings

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

31 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Since we were slow at work for the first 4-5months, I got to play a lot more than usual. I’ve currently played 28-30 times this year whereas I usually get just 15-20 outings

Mine has been the opposite.  The positive is that my improved handicap has not gotten worse.

Oh yeah, the last month's gas bill for our two daily drivers was $15, and the oil change I got last week was the first one since November, 2019.

&, I have gotten a lot of things done that I would not have.  Some things we've been waiting more than ten years.

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had time to clean out my garage!

Cheers! 🍺

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

If I somehow were to get COVID-19 and lose my sense of taste… the only upside in the whole thing might be that I could finally eat pretty damn healthy.

That’d be the silver lining, perhaps.

I think my sense of taste is the sense I’d choose to lose first if I HAD to lose a sense, but man, would that suck. I love to eat foods for the taste.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

If I somehow were to get COVID-19 and lose my sense of taste… the only upside in the whole thing might be that I could finally eat pretty damn healthy.

That’d be the silver lining, perhaps.

I think my sense of taste is the sense I’d choose to lose first if I HAD to lose a sense, but man, would that suck. I love to eat foods for the taste.

... so you'd be chomping on a lot of kale?  😁

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Kale is actually green sandpaper. You don’t need to taste it. You can feel it is awful.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I’d eat a salad, at least. Not a fruit salad either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Some fabric softener and a good Caesar dressing and you're good to go.

Downy is my go to!

I’ve fixed, painted, built a lot of stuff during this time. I’m retired, but catching up on all the things that needed to be done during this ‘Rona time.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!