IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

8 hours ago, sacm3bill said:

My point is simply that, likewise, the rate for seasonal flu could not include people who had the flu and suffered little or no symptoms (since those people don't get tested - in fact even people *with* greater symptoms don't all get tested - I know I never have).  Yet they still manage to come up with a mortality rate. 

I think one of the differences is that the flu has been around a long time, and we have a pretty good idea of how many people get it and how many people die from it. So we can better estimate how many people had the flu, just from extrapolating the number of deaths. We really don't know how many people get this virus, so we can't really come up with a true mortality rate at this point.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
ODHYMB6GS5HCJO3OCS5SE364XI.jpg

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg admits to bending the coronavirus social distancing rules to stay on her famous strict workout routine.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg violating the rules… fun.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My wife's dentist told the front desk to start booking people for May 14th.   That's faith considering that Michigan reported  206 deaths yesterday. almost double the previous day.    That brings the total to 1,282.    There are over 20,000 confirmed people that have been infected and the testing has been very limited!  

9 minutes ago, iacas said:
ODHYMB6GS5HCJO3OCS5SE364XI.jpg

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg admits to bending the coronavirus social distancing rules to stay on her famous strict workout routine.

I say...You go girl!

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

• Administrator

A German study found the mortality rate is about 0.37%.

If that starts to be the case, we should get back to something resembling normal before too long.

Also:

8A92BF7F-10D8-400C-BA83-20E6ADC3AE63.jpeg

CASE-COUNT-16x9-1.png?w=575

*Unless you know something about testing. And even then, it gets complicated.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Iceland seems to be the best place to look for data because they have tested 10% of their small population.  That's significantly more per capita than anywhere according to USA Today.    Iceland tests

In the Detroit area the garbage collection companies have shut down because they don't have enough workers.  It has affected several hundred thousands!  

Stay safe!

On 4/10/2020 at 11:10 PM, iacas said:

A German study found the mortality rate is about 0.37%.

If that starts to be the case, we should get back to something resembling normal before too long.

Also:

8A92BF7F-10D8-400C-BA83-20E6ADC3AE63.jpeg

CASE-COUNT-16x9-1.png?w=575

*Unless you know something about testing. And even then, it gets complicated.

If they're unable to test everyone then the numbers are pretty much meaningless. How many cases are out there? We don't know, because they're not testing everyone. I have a friend whose wife works in a doctor's office. They've had positive cases of COVID-19 go through there. She starting coming down with symptoms and they told her to go home and quarantine for 14 days unless the symptoms get worse, then she'd need to go to a hospital. They didn't even test her. So if they're not testing people who are asymptomatic and they're not testing some people who are symptomatic and definitely at risk of exposure, the picture of this virus is woefully incomplete. And that's the information the authorities are using to determine policy.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, billchao said:

If they're unable to test everyone then the numbers are pretty much meaningless. How many cases are out there? We don't know, because they're not testing everyone. I have a friend whose wife works in a doctor's office. They've had positive cases of COVID-19 go through there. She starting coming down with symptoms and they told her to go home and quarantine for 14 days unless the symptoms get worse, then she'd need to go to a hospital. They didn't even test her. So if they're not testing people who are asymptomatic and they're not testing some people who are symptomatic and definitely at risk of exposure, the picture of this virus is woefully incomplete. And that's the information the authorities are using to determine policy.

Agreed.

We're living the effects of decisions made on woefully incomplete information.

• Administrator

If that doesn't work:

VACCINE-PROCESS_Social.jpg?w=575

Graphics by Donald Pearsall A vaccine for COVID-19 has entered Phase 1 of clinical trials in Seattle. How was it made? And how likely is it that this vaccine, o…

The numbers are fraudulent! 

test giving false positives medical professionals coding deaths as covid 19 so bills are covered. 

where is the truth. Very frustrating. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

My wife and I had our stimulus checks deposited today.   Can't spend it but it would go nice toward a Mevo+!   Just sayin' :banana:

• Administrator

Deaths per 1M population:

image.png

People are starting to revolt. I wonder if @dennyjones is out there.

michigan-protest.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Hundreds of cars, trucks and SUVs descended on Michigan’s state capital Wednesday afternoon as part of a noisy protest against...

And then there's this...

AP20106142965891.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Researchers have discovered what they described as a "significant" mutation of the novel coronavirus, which they believe "raises the alarm"...

- Shane

Denny is safe at home (after a furnace repair visitor).   Although I would like to go golfing and believe I can be socially distant, I respect the governor's demands and will abide by them.   I do believe there are certain business, like landscaping that can also be done w/o interaction between people.   

Michigan has had to close down too many parks already because people can't be responsible and practice social distancing.  

On 4/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, dennyjones said:

My wife and I had our stimulus checks deposited today.   Can't spend it but it would go nice toward a Mevo+!   Just sayin' :banana:

Do it!  A major goal of the program is to spend the money, either on basics, like rent and food, or consumer goods (preferably made in the USA).  Some, such as you, may have good reason to stash the money in the bank.  Still, we need to push the economy a bit.

I know we are spending a lot less unintentionally.  No golf, no restaurants, little driving, no vacations.  I'd buy some new clubs but I want to get fitted and actually try them out first.

Brian Kuehn

20 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Do it!  A major goal of the program is to spend the money, either on basics, like rent and food, or consumer goods (preferably made in the USA).  Some, such as you, may have good reason to stash the money in the bank.  Still, we need to push the economy a bit.

I know we are spending a lot less unintentionally.  No golf, no restaurants, little driving, no vacations.  I'd buy some new clubs but I want to get fitted and actually try them out first.

I'm getting outvoted here at home.    We are sending some to each kid but the wife is "demanding" a puppy!  She's already found a "baby" sitter.