IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

Just now, dennyjones said:

I'm getting outvoted here at home.    We are sending some to each kid but the wife is "demanding" a puppy!  She's already found a "baby" sitter.    

Put your foot down. No Mevo+, no puppy!

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Put your foot down. No Mevo+, no puppy!

I like that!  The art of the squeal.  And remember to name the puppy Mevo.  And the Mevo, Fido.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The United States believes COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan laboratory as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States...

Uhm…

• Yes, it's Fox News.
  • No, that doesn't mean it's not accurate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:
image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The United States believes COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan laboratory as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat...

Uhm…

• Yes, it's Fox News.
  • No, that doesn't mean it's not accurate.

The Washington Post wrote something along the same lines:

VISDZWT5QMI6VBGCA6JNQWIZCE.jpg

The U.S. government is still trying to understand the origins of covid-19.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Does anyone really doubt a communist ruled country known for implementing their own population control would do this? 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
professor.jpg?center=0.33333333333333331

No, economists are not cynics who are so blindly obsessed with the stock market that they do not care whether your grandmother dies. They, like everybody else, want to maximize human well-being.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I'm getting outvoted here at home.    We are sending some to each kid but the wife is "demanding" a puppy!  She's already found a "baby" sitter.    

Great plan.  A puppy will need vet services, food, toys ... that will cost a small fortune.  Thanks for keeping the Mitten's economy rolling!!

Brian Kuehn

13 hours ago, iacas said:
image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The United States believes COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan laboratory as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat...

I don't watch the news, can't remember the last time that I did, but the section that jumps out to me is:

"The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly. Sources emphasized -- as is often the case with intelligence -- that it’s not definitive and should not be characterized as such. Some inside the administration and the intelligence and epidemiological communities are more skeptical, and the investigation is continuing."

I"m not saying it's not true, but when you're reporting on documents you haven't seen, that doesn't usually go over to well.

I don't know the source, but I have overheard a doctor my wife has been listening to state that even though the original outbreak was there, the virus itself didn't originate there.  He presented a lot of evidence from the past few years pointing back to it being worked on in the U.S. (and other countries) as part of a combined research project of many countries.  Unfortunately, everything in this arena seems to always point back to Fort Detrick, which is 5 minutes up the road from me. 

Don't know if any of that is true either, but the little I heard, he seemed pretty convincing.

Gus
---------------

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JGus said:

I"m not saying it's not true, but when you're reporting on documents you haven't seen, that doesn't usually go over to well.

That happens all the time. That's what "sources" are for. If you are a news organization, and you have sources that you trust, and things are verified or triple sourced, you go to press.

1 hour ago, JGus said:

I don't know the source, but I have overheard a doctor my wife has been listening to state that even though the original outbreak was there, the virus itself didn't originate there.  He presented a lot of evidence from the past few years pointing back to it being worked on in the U.S. (and other countries) as part of a combined research project of many countries.  Unfortunately, everything in this arena seems to always point back to Fort Detrick, which is 5 minutes up the road from me. 

Don't know if any of that is true either, but the little I heard, he seemed pretty convincing.

Could be true, too. I don't know.

Just posting stuff here that I find interesting, good or bad. I don't think any of us really know much of anything about all this.

1 hour ago, JGus said:

I don't watch the news, can't remember the last time that I did, but the section that jumps out to me is:

"The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly. Sources emphasized -- as is often the case with intelligence -- that it’s not definitive and should not be characterized as such. Some inside the administration and the intelligence and epidemiological communities are more skeptical, and the investigation is continuing."

Sorry, I try to avoid making any statements on the internet that are remotely political (and hard to comment on Fox news without appearing political) but these are not true.  The worldwide scientific community overwhelming believes that Covid-19 came from wild animal markets in China with transmission likely from Bat to an intermediary animal (probably an aardvark type animal) to humans.  This is similar to both SARs and MERS (where the intermediary was camels).  There has been no credible evidence that Chinese or U.S. military labs were involved in the creation of the virus.  There is credible evidence that the Chinese government has been spreading propaganda blaming the U.S. for the virus.

Apologize for an incorrect tone, just nearing my breaking points.

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

Could be true, too. I don't know.

Just posting stuff here that I find interesting, good or bad. I don't think any of us really know much of anything about all this.

I don't know if it's true either, and agree that we don't really know the full story, yet.

1 minute ago, gbogey said:

Sorry, I try to avoid making any statements on the internet that are remotely political (and hard to comment on Fox news without appearing political) but these are not true.  The worldwide scientific community overwhelming believes that Covid-19 came from wild animal markets in China with transmission likely from Bat to an intermediary animal (probably an aardvark type animal) to humans.  This is similar to both SARs and MERS (where the intermediary was camels).  There has been no credible evidence that Chinese or U.S. military labs were involved in the creation of the virus.  There is credible evidence that the Chinese government has been spreading propaganda blaming the U.S. for the virus.

Apologize for an incorrect tone, just nearing my breaking points.

Don't need to apologize to me, and wasn't spreading anything, just stating what I overheard being discussed.  I don't have enough time in the day, or care enough, to listen to or read everything out there, I focus on what I can control.

Gus
---------------

c117f675-982e-410b-a279-aeb9c700aec2-616

As many receive payments from the federal government, some have been surprised to discover that their dead loved ones also were sent the funds.

My mother-in-law passed away last September. I told my wife to check her bank account. This could get interesting.

This made me think, we will have to file a tax return for her from last year. This should be interesting without any of the documents...

- Shane

The 1918 Flu. I did a little bit of searching and still can't find a definitive answer to where it started. Granted it was long ago. Even though it was named after a country, it is widely believed to have originated in North America, although US or Mexico, that's the question.

You can go crazy trying to find source, but wherever it's from, I hope we learn the lessons from COVID-19 and are better prepared next time.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

27 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:
c117f675-982e-410b-a279-aeb9c700aec2-616

As many receive payments from the federal government, some have been surprised to discover that their dead loved ones also were sent the funds.

My mother-in-law passed away last September. I told my wife to check her bank account. This could get interesting.

This made me think, we will have to file a tax return for her from last year. This should be interesting without any of the documents...

Worst comes to worst, get a transcript.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

That happens all the time. That's what "sources" are for. If you are a news organization, and you have sources that you trust, and things are verified or triple sourced, you go to press.

Unfortunately, the 'trusted' sources seem to be the ones that say what you want to hear. Its funny how every network seems to have experts that further their agenda.

Edited by Papa Steve 55

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Unfortunately, the 'trusted' sources seem to be the ones that say what you want to hear. Its funny how every network seems to have experts that further their agenda.

Not everyone has an "agenda." There's still actual "reporting" that's done.

27388d011ec841ddaa169af859495a11_18.jpg

At least 116 people cleared of the virus have tested positive again, raising questions for authorities.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread