IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

9 hours ago, StuM said:

I guess ignorance is bliss, For their sake I hope they do not learn the hard way.

Ignorance is easy.

5 hours ago, Shorty said:

The problem is that in their ignorance and abject stupidity, they want to teach others a lesson.

Ignorant people should not be teaching because ignorance is just the lack of knowledge. 

5 hours ago, Shorty said:

And the more information you give them them the more entrenched they become.

This is a very common thing with people. 

This has been studied, and its called, "Escalation of commitment". People are more likely to stick with a dying idea than ditch it. Its a validation issue. 

I have no issue with ignorance. Learning stuff takes a lot of time that some people don't have. But, blindly following non-factual ideas justified idiotic. The internet makes it easy to find an article that validates your points, but the article itself has not validation (factual backing).

I found this quote for those who get angry with critics...

Lastly, don’t confuse your critics with your haters. Critics see good in you too. Learn to value your critics. They aren’t trying to mess with you. They may not be correct but critics aren’t haters. Learn to spot the differences.

For all the arguing, I don't hate anyone on this forum. Hate is just a waste of energy. For those who are getting upset with the back and forth, don't. Its just constructive criticism.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

For all the arguing, I don't hate anyone on this forum. Hate is just a waste of energy. For those who are getting upset with the back and forth, don't. Its just constructive criticism.

Ditto.

I'd play a round with any of you and we'd have a good time.

I think I hate exactly one person in this world, and he's the person who has been so unbelievably (not literally, as I know of plenty worse people) shitty to my daughter for 18 years. Nobody here is anywhere close to that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Escalation of commitment". People are more likely to stick with a dying idea than ditch it. Its a validation issue. 

Yeah, I always though doubling down is a defense mechanism. 

Yes, but personal losses make it too much of a challenge at times. The 'f**k you' mocking posts are becoming a bit much. 

Vishal S.

I don’t hate anyone on this forum and would certainly play golf with them. But I will say I can be disappointed in their position on subjects.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, StuM said:

I guess ignorance is bliss, For their sake I hope they do not learn the hard way.

I have a hard time mustering up that kind of sentiment after flagrant decisions by some people. Maybe you are a bit more cultured than I am.😉

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

15 hours ago, StuM said:

I probably should not write this nowas I am very much emotional.  People are griping about wearing a mask  and in Michigan a large number of hospitalizations are younger and a large number of cases are being tracked to schools.  Wearing a Mask and other minor inconveniences  do not hurt, so why bitch about it?

A friend  is in hospital now with Covid and he was one to ignore mask mandates and said why bother with vaccine, “no worse than the flu.”

His family is coming into town and hoping to see him as he is being given a 10% chance to survive.

This is a horrible way to learn a lesson. 

A minor inconvenience or a life, Why even debate it?

That's not good odds.  I would not risk even a quarter with that odds.

Too bad he had to learn the hard way.  You see many people regretting not following CDC guidelines after they get really sick.  It's shame.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

18 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Broken record... but I keep telling people on here not to be a Ted Nugent.  But we have several "Ted Nugents" running amuck...

I was just thinking about Teddy myself as I read the post.

2 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I have a hard time mustering up that kind of sentiment after flagrant decisions by some people. Maybe you are a bit more cultured than I am.😉

I doubt I have anything on anybody.  I do not think any person on this forum that would wish ill to another.  Sure, we will disagree but that is the extent of it.

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

That's not good odds.  I would not risk even a quarter with that odds.

Too bad he had to learn the hard way.  You see many people regretting not following CDC guidelines after they get really sick.  It's shame.

The bad odds got even worse.  I can't visit him but my understanding is his daughter made it in from Alabama and is with him and they are expecting him to pass at any time. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

23 hours ago, David in FL said:

I’m neither.  The fact that you disagree with me doesn’t make it untrue.

The fact that you want someone who disagrees with you to stop posting is disappointing, but I guess not surprising.  So I’ll do so.

This is a bit scary, but there's an outbreak among staff at Ibis Country Club where I live. 

0bc27a28-e58d-45f2-9dbd-f2e58fad1a1b-Ibi

General Manager Stephen LoGiudice sent a number of emails in the past week informing members of the infections.

TLDR: 15 staff tested positive, 9 were considered close contacts, so 24 staff at Ibis are out of work for the next 10-14 days or so. Definitely a lot of high anxiety around the neighborhood, which extends beyond Ibis's gates since we all share the same Publix and nearby shops. So far no word on the severity of everyone's symptoms, so hopefully they're all alright. Martin Hall from Golf Channel works here, and this is a fairly well known club in South Florida. 

Constantine

29 minutes ago, StuM said:

I doubt I have anything on anybody.  I do not think any person on this forum that would wish ill to another.  Sure, we will disagree but that is the extent of it.

The bad odds got even worse.  I can't visit him but my understanding is his daughter made it in from Alabama and is with him and they are expecting him to pass at any time. 

That is sad. I try to imagine the anguish the sickly go through unto death, and it scares me.

Edited by Billy Z

• Administrator
D9E3379E-A722-42E3-BAF4B860ABDA8939.jpg

The public health measures that slow the spread of the novel coronavirus work really well on influenza

Since the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization have dropped to minuscule levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, but they are less effective at jumping from host to host.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Breakdown of deaths by type...

What can we take away from all of this? The data certainly makes a compelling case that there was a substantial increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 and most of the increase can be attributed to COVID-19. This may seem obvious today, but many pundits this time last year made the case that all COVID-19 deaths were “canceling out” other deaths, so there would be no increase in overall mortality. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Second dose in the books!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Please wait two weeks before coming back on this site so that you don't infect the rest of us. 😄

😜

Scott

My Swing Thread