IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

Once the covid numbers spiked in Dec. - Jan, and it was reported that those in my situation (HSCT on Immune Suppression) have a 67% 30 day survival rate after catching Covid... I stopped playing golf.

Now I'm 2 weeks plus from my second Moderna shot, reconsidering golf.  Not sure.  See the Doc next week, maybe he'll say wear a mask, wouldn't want to do that on a warm summer day walking a golf course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Second dose in the books!

Tiger Woods Sport GIF

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Seems to me, we need to get the majority of the population vaccinated or we will always be struggling with the things we are struggling with today, economy, ER room capacities, people afraid to come out of the house, sickness/death, etc. The website below shows the latest stats:

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

On 2/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, Zippo said:

We were OK the day of the shot but the next morning my wife was feeling pretty badly. She had aches, a bit of nausea, fever/chills and a headache. She got out of bed and took a couple ibuprophen and then went back to bed for a few hours. I wasn't nearly as bad but spent the day watching the Genesis through frequently closed eyelids. Just felt very tired. By bedtime that night we were both much better and today the symptoms are gone. I'm thinking I'll try to get out on the golf course in between monsoons Wednesday.

In general immune response from the vaccine occurs 12-24 hr after and is typically stronger for the 2nd dose.

7 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Once the covid numbers spiked in Dec. - Jan, and it was reported that those in my situation (HSCT on Immune Suppression) have a 67% 30 day survival rate after catching Covid... I stopped playing golf.

Now I'm 2 weeks plus from my second Moderna shot, reconsidering golf.  Not sure.  See the Doc next week, maybe he'll say wear a mask, wouldn't want to do that on a warm summer day walking a golf course.

Please be careful. Immunosuppressants can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. If you are able try and get an antibody titer.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:58 PM, iacas said:
D9E3379E-A722-42E3-BAF4B860ABDA8939.jpg

The public health measures that slow the spread of the novel coronavirus work...

Not only flu but also colds. Not having kids in daycare or school, not being in offices, stronger hand hygiene and masks make a big difference

43 minutes ago, criley4way said:

In general immune response from the vaccine occurs 12-24 hr after and is typically stronger for the 2nd dose.

My arm bothered me about 8-10 hours later, and that pain lasted for about 36 hours. On the 2nd dose, I got some bad chills about 12 hours after the shot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, criley4way said:

If you are able try and get an antibody titer.

It’s a bit too early for that. We don’t really know how to interpret the results at this time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

My arm bothered me about 8-10 hours later, and that pain lasted for about 36 hours. On the 2nd dose, I got some bad chills about 12 hours after the shot. 

I didn’t get the chills last night, but feel achy this morning with a dull headache. Arm is more sore than last time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I didn’t get the chills last night, but feel achy this morning with a dull headache. Arm is more sore than last time.

This was my exact reaction to the second Moderna shot.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

19 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

This was my exact reaction to the second Moderna shot.

Did you also have the Jimmy Buffett song My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink and I Don’t Love Jesus in your head? It is appropriate for this side effect.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It didn't help that my allergies were like a 9/10 that day. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Had my first Pfizer (asked for J&J, but it got switched to Pfizer due to problems with J&J) on 4/10.  Had my second this Saturday 5/1.

Both just a little sore arm, but nothing else.  Hoping that is all.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

44 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Did you also have the Jimmy Buffett song My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink and I Don’t Love Jesus in your head? It is appropriate for this side effect.

Glad to say that no Jimmy Buffett songs have been in my head.    

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

Glad to say that no Jimmy Buffett songs have been in my head.    

The cat in your avatar is obviously listening to Changes in Lattitudes!

Scott

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The cat in your avatar is obviously listening to Changes in Lattitudes!

that smile on his face isn't Jimmy B!

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

It’s a bit too early for that. We don’t really know how to interpret the results at this time.

I was supposed to have a blood draw today for lab tests and an appointment with the Hematology Oncologist tomorrow.  Meanwhile Scripps Health yesterday was hit with a ransomware attack and I got a phone call letting me know my appointments are cancelled.  Not sure how this will all sort out but I'm hoping I don't go to the end of the line, the Dr. is usually booked up for a month or two.

When I do get the appointment I want to ask the Dr. about life-style recommendations given the Moderna vaccination, and the Jan. 2021 Lancet study on HSCT with immune suppression and Covid 19.  Specifically regarding outdoor activities like golf.

17 hours ago, criley4way said:

Please be careful. Immunosuppressants can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. If you are able try and get an antibody titer.

Not only flu but also colds. Not having kids in daycare or school, not being in offices, stronger hand hygiene and masks make a big difference

Edited by No Mulligans

• Administrator

Hmmmmmm.

AgEXQUg4Xy1wMU9JU1RPMVRGRzBmV0lwMmcAMA

California has continued to do better than any other state, with the lowest per capita coronavirus...

California has continued to do better than any other state, with the lowest per capita coronavirus case rate in the nation over the last week. Texas has double California's rate; New York, quadruple; and Florida has nearly six times California's case rate. Michigan still has the nation's highest rate, 299 cases per 100,000 residents — 10 times California's rate of 29 cases per 100,000 residents.

Florida is doing so well, eh?

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets