IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

17 minutes ago, flopster said:

Though it hasn't been years since getting the vaccine my 83 year old stepmother got the Pfizer vaccine this past January and up until now has had no adverse side effects, also my 91 year old mother has had the Moderna vaccine last March with zero side effects. Bottom line is these are safe take them not just for yourself but for everyone around you.

My 87 year old mother, who has survived ovarian cancer only got a sore arm with Pfizer. And she also has a weak immune system do to kidney issues. She got hers the second it was available. Sad that healthy people are foolish not to get it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Yep.

And I did so voluntarily, after doing my research.And I did so voluntarily, after doing my research.

My bet would be that you haven't, because you must've used the term "side affect" 20 times.

You are not going to change your opinion. We get that. In the face of overwhelming evidence, you persist in pretending to yourself that you are making a deeply considered, logical and thoughtful decision. You just don't want to take it because you are anti something which a lot of people, for some inexplicable reason, think has a political dimension to it.

You passively aggressively taunt people about masks by "non judgementally asking the question".

If I had to wear a mask on planes and buses for the next 5 years I wouldn't give a damn. If the price of a healthy population is short term vigilance and extra care, I'll pay it with pleasure.

Honestly, reading  you tying yourself in knots trying to defend the indefensible is like listening to someone trying to prove that 9/11 didn't happen because of the boiling temperature of some liquid or melting point of a metal they wouldn't be able to distinguish from a piece of wood.

Here is a couple  in India comparing their research and debating whether "long term" means 6 months, 2 years or 10 years.

covid-19-india-crisis-surge-infections-full-003.jpg__2100x1400_q85_crop_subject_location-1050,700_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

9 minutes ago, Shorty said:

You are not going to change your opinion. We get that. In the face of overwhelming evidence, you persist in pretending to yourself that you are making a deeply considered, logical and thoughtful decision. You just don't want to take it because you are anti something which a lot of people, for some inexplicable reason, think has a political dimension to it.

Bravo.-That summarizes my objections to the whole thing.

My club has had five members or member spouses die of COVID-19.-But we do not know if we will need a booster David says-Who the f*** cares if we need a booster if we can do something in the short term to kick this virus in the nuts?\-Right here and now!

They will even let you wear a red hat to get your vaccine, David. Or a blue one. Or no hat at all, and they have gotten pretty good at it-You can get it in less time than it takes you to play a few holes-Even you mr. speedy.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

AgEXQTVwc3drVXNFUUJlU1ZrMEFvbUhaSUEAMA

People who have been fully vaccinated should still follow precautions in doctor’s offices...

Fully Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Face Masks, Physical Distancing in Most Settings, CDC Says

Some good information on breakthrough cases in the link attached, and also this comment:

“When people hear about breakthrough infections, they automatically think ‘oh, these vaccines are not working’ or ‘they’re not effective,’” says Richard Teran, an epidemiologist with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Epidemic Intelligence Service. “That is just not true … the majority of individuals who do get the vaccine are protected against COVID infection and also from severe disease.”

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccines-breakthrough-infections-variants

Edited by iacas
fixed formatted text - please begin doing this before you post, Billy Z

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Fully Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Face Masks, Physical Distancing in Most Settings, CDC Says

But.....but.......that's discrimination against people who don't trust the MSM and do their own research!!!!!!

When are they going to make up their minds? I thought we were supposed to wear masks. The CDC just flip flops all the time.

A year ago it was masks and social distancing. So they admit that that was BS.

Now the elites (sheeple) who have been "vaccinated" with poison are given a privilege that independent people believe is a right. It's COMMUNISM!!!!! 

(joking)

On 5/5/2021 at 10:16 AM, mattm16 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that.  I know of people not getting the vaccine, and they are not uncaring.  For me, I do not think I need the vaccine.  I just don't.  The odds that I've seen of something majorly happening to me if I get COVID is small (and I do have a heart condition).  However, I am getting the vaccine for my friends/family.  They know that I don't think I need it; I'm doing it for them, not for me.

This is really a major reason to get the vaccine. Were COVID primarily a threat to the individual I wouldn’t care, however until this virus is at an extremely low level community spread present a risk to everyone. You might be fine but you can transmit to someone at risk.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have seen this before.  It may strike a nerve with David, bless his heart.  Putting forth a ton of "I want to wait" babble is oftentimes a cover up for something else, something that person is unwilling to share. 

In David's case it may be a strong allegiance to his buddies at the pool hall... he'd look foolish in their eyes if he did get vaccinated.  It may be an abject fear of needles he doesn't want to reveal.  It may be that his parents were anti-vaxers and he still buys in.  Oh hell, it just might have something to do with machismo. 

We will probably never know the real reason behind David's reluctance to be vaccinated.

Humans have a way of talking around things they don't want to deal with.

I’m getting a real vibe of Marty McCoy being called chicken here…and I love it!

—Adam

@David in FL
I used to think the exact way you did and then realized I was still buying into the paranoia over COVID being some special virus. Knowing that it is a strain of a well-known virus family and that the core vaccine technology itself was not developed in response to this pandemic made the long term effect fear no longer seem reasonable. I did not care about potentially needing a booster because that is not really any different than a flu shot.

The elephant in the room here  - and everyone knows it is as follows:

Not all people of a particular political persuasion are against this and other vaccines.

But all people who are against this and other vaccines are of that particular political persuasion.

@David in FL is pretty obviously seen as a man of sage like wisdom amongst his friends at the pool hall who base their "opinions" on misrepresentations of reality and downright lies. ("Research")

Problem is, when asked to defend his position he puts up straw man "arguments" where the goalposts keep shifting and he can always be seen as being prudent and sensible amongst the uneducated. So freaking what if lay people can't describe to you what the effects will be in 2 years or - the scientists (who, amazingly are on our side) have a pretty good idea and I for one don't feel like a "sheep" for believing them. If they can convince him it's safe after 2 years he'll scratch his chin, put down his glasses and ask "What about 7 years?". 

When a role model is a national leader who gets his shot in secret for fear of upsetting his followers, it should make one more determined to bow to peer pressure and get the vaccine. Peer pressure meaning giving a shit about your fellow man/woman and children.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

The elephant in the room here  - and everyone knows it is as follows:

Not all people of a particular political persuasion are against this and other vaccines.

But all people who are against this and other vaccines are of that particular political persuasion.

@David in FL is pretty obviously seen as a man of sage like wisdom amongst his friends at the pool hall who base their "opinions" on misrepresentations of reality and downright lies. ("Research")

Problem is, when asked to defend his position he puts up straw man "arguments" where the goalposts keep shifting and he can always be seen as being prudent and sensible amongst the uneducated. So freaking what if lay people can't describe to you what the effects will be in 2 years or - the scientists (who, amazingly are on our side) have a pretty good idea and I for one don't feel like a "sheep" for believing them. If they can convince him it's safe after 2 years he'll scratch his chin, put down his glasses and ask "What about 7 years?". 

When a role model is a national leader who gets his shot in secret for fear of upsetting his followers, it should make one more determined to bow to peer pressure and get the vaccine. Peer pressure meaning giving a shit about your fellow man/woman and children.

We are not going political in this thread please. Also, I know of people on the opposite side of who you are referring to who are also anti-vaccine sadly. It’s the trust is misinformation that is driving them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Do you remember the discussion in this thread about the upcharge on power golf carts for a single rider during the pandemic? 

On Tuesday I walked into the pro shop and right up to the head pro and complimented him and gave him a shout-out for never up charging me once during the pandemic. And then I paid him full price for a cart rental and went and hopped in it with Mark, both of us fully vaccinated, and drove off to #1 tee.

First time in a year I shared a cart.

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Do you remember the discussion in this thread about the upcharge on power golf carts for a single rider during the pandemic? 

On Tuesday I walked into the pro shop and right up to the head pro and complimented him and gave him a shout-out for never up charging me once during the pandemic. And then I paid him full price for a cart rental and went and hopped in it with Mark, both of us fully vaccinated, and drove off to #1 tee.

First time in a year I shared a cart.

That's nice! I have always rode with my golf buddies in a cart, even last year before I was vaccinated. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We are not going political in this thread please. Also, I know of people on the opposite side of who you are referring to who are also anti-vaccine sadly. It’s the trust is misinformation that is driving them.

It’s the lack of information at this point.

Believe what you want. 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I think it is a reluctance to accept that the information we have at hand is good enough. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

@David in FL
I used to think the exact way you did and then realized I was still buying into the paranoia over COVID being some special virus. Knowing that it is a strain of a well-known virus family and that the core vaccine technology itself was not developed in response to this pandemic made the long term effect fear no longer seem reasonable. I did not care about potentially needing a booster because that is not really any different than a flu shot.

I don’t get flu shots either.

Interestingly only about 50% of the population do get flu shots. The efficacy of the flu shots generally runs about 50% each year as well as they try to predict the strain to target each year.

I suspect if annual shots are required for Covid the compliance in terms of getting them every year will drop dramatically just as it has with the flu.  We’re likely to end up somewhere around 65% - 70% vaccinated for Covid this first go around.  I’d be surprised if it didn’t drop dramatically in subsequent years.  Time will tell...

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think it is a reluctance to accept that the information we have at hand is good enough. 

True.

What one person believes to be “good enough” for them, may not be “good enough” for another.  I don’t disparage either one.

It’s also true that some people simply and blindly do what others that they perceive to be in positions of authority tell them to do.  By the way, that’s not directed at anyone here.  It’s simply stated as a fact.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

As of 9am today Michigan has opened up most things for people that are vaccinated.   People that are fully vaccinated aren't required to wear a mask unless still required by the business.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

16 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

As of 9am today Michigan has opened up most things for people that are vaccinated.   People that are fully vaccinated aren't required to wear a mask unless still required by the business.  

But I still want to know how we can tell the vaccinated from the unvaccinated? Will the latter be wearing a scarlet letter "U"  on their chest?

Edited by Double Mocha Man