IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

I am amazed how apprehensive people are to get the vaccine. On another note, I was in church this weekend without a mask, same at Target department store, and also at the local grocery store. At a local restaurant, where I have breakfast 4 times per week, I go maskless. Many stores are opening to those who have been vac'd to enter w/o a mask.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Ohio some legislators want to pass a bill to stop our Lotto for those who got vaccines. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

In Ohio some legislators want to pass a bill to stop our Lotto for those who got vaccines. 

Stupid. $5M is way lower than the cost of an extra few thousand people getting COVID, most likely.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/21/2021 at 4:25 AM, iacas said:

So, what is everyone going to do with all of their masks when we get to the point where we don't need them every day?

Just watched a show and a character said "Maybe I could make the world's ugliest quilt, because I learned to sew during the pandemic."

I'm trying to figure out how to work them into a golf training aid, but coming up empty so far.

Ball polishers.....golf ball polishers

Stevie T

On 5/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, iacas said:

So, what is everyone going to do with all of their masks when we get to the point where we don't need them every day?

Do they go bad?  I think, even if Covid disappears entirely from the planet, at least some people will still wear them when they feel sick but have to leave the house.  If I feel like I'm coming down with, say, a cold, but had to go to work or something, I'd probably want to wear a facial covering.  I figure the coverings don't go bad, they just go in a drawer or something until I need them again.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 5/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, iacas said:

Just watched a show and a character said "Maybe I could make the world's ugliest quilt, because I learned to sew during the pandemic."

I'm trying to figure out how to work them into a golf training aid, but coming up empty so far.

Put an arm through each loop to help keep your elbows together?  😄

On 5/20/2021 at 11:25 PM, iacas said:

Haha nice. 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Stupid. $5M is way lower than the cost of an extra few thousand people getting COVID, most likely.

Do you really think the minuscule chance to win a lottery is going to convince anybody who wasn’t already planning to get a vaccine, to get one?

By the way, you can buy a ticket to win a few hundred million dollars for a buck.

Idiots abound, and unfortunately, they’re spending taxpayers dollars!

😑

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Do you really think the minuscule chance to win a lottery is going to convince anybody who wasn’t already planning to get a vaccine, to get one?

By the way, you can buy a ticket to win a few hundred million dollars for a buck.

😑

Considering the vaccination rate went up right after it was announced, it’s clearly had a positive effect. Even if it doesn’t convince anyone to get the vaccine, it convinced them to get it sooner. Which is a good thing.

gettyimages-1231086418.jpg

Health officials reported a 53% increase of people getting their first COVID-19 shots, a week after lottery...

There are a lot worse ways to spend $5 million. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

😑

How about looking up stuff before posting a jaded comment…. 

Based on preliminary data, the department said the recent period showed a 53% week-to-week increase (May 13 to 18) compared to the time period before the announcement, where 74,000 people received their first dose (May 6 to 11). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

How about looking up stuff before posting a jaded comment…. 

And you think the offer of a lottery ticket caused people that otherwise wouldn’t have gotten the jab to get it?

Ok.  

Maybe people are dumber than I thought!  It’s often been said that a lottery is nothing more than a tax on people who are bad at math though, so...   😂

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

• Administrator
8 hours ago, David in FL said:

Facts are what they are.

You continue to embarrass yourself.

And though it’s being called a “lottery” (because it is), it’s not a “tax on those bad at math” because it’s not that kind of lottery. Just like the Masters lottery isn’t that kind of lottery.

And yet you call others stupid. Hmmmmmm.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, David in FL said:

And you think the offer of a lottery ticket caused people that otherwise wouldn’t have gotten the jab to get it?

When the Ohio governor first rolled that one out I kind of rolled my eyes a bit. Seemed a bit silly. 

However ...

It seems like it might have worked. They are announcing much bigger numbers getting the shot. 

• Administrator

New York and Maryland are going to have lotteries now too, I think I read.

The Ohio lottery also requires voter registration. That’s a 2-fer. At least for the party that benefits from more registered voters. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Facts are what they are.

You continue to embarrass yourself.

And though it’s being called a “lottery” (because it is), it’s not a “tax on those bad at math” because it’s not that kind of lottery. Just like the Masters lottery isn’t that kind of lottery.

And yet you call others stupid. Hmmmmmm.

You genuinely believe this is a good use of $5 million?  You believe that doing so will drive enough incremental vaccinations to justify that cost.

Regardless of personal views on the vaccine itself, this is nothing but feel good spending...

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

Of course it is.  In exchange for something that you presumably wouldn’t  otherwise do, they’re offering a minuscule chance to win a large sum of money.

Comparing it to the Masters ticket lottery is silly.  There is no cost/reluctance to overcome.  It’s simply a selection process to allocate a limited number of tickets. 

In David's bag....

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You genuinely believe this is a good use of $5 million?

I believe you enjoy shifting the goalposts.

19 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Of course it is.

You can’t have it both ways.

It’s laughable that you’re trotting out this “bad at math” line given your “reasons.”

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You genuinely believe this is a good use of $5 million?  You believe that doing so will drive enough incremental vaccinations to justify that cost.

Regardless of personal views on the vaccine itself, this is nothing but feel good spending...

This is just textbook moving the goal posts. Everybody should appreciate how good this is. First, it was "it's not convincing anyone to get the vaccine that wouldn't already." After being presented data that it did in fact improve vaccination rates, now it's a bad use of $5 million. Let's see what it will be next...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: