IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

However, we will never know if all of them got the vaccine to enter the lottery, unless they are asked.

Yes, we can. And no, not ALL of them got it to enter the lottery. Some got it because they were going to get it anyway.

14 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

Maybe the week before was just lower, who knows?Β Also, I'm assuming these numbers included the 2nd dose, so maybe the numbers were higher due to that (first dose people, and the time for the 2nd dose people).

Ummm, no.

This stuff is pretty clear.

• Some people who were already scheduled got the vaccines in that week with the surge.
  • Some people who were planning to get it got it earlier than they had planned to get it.
  • Some people who were not planning to ever get it got it that week.

They're all true.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am happy that everything is trending in the right direction. Virus going down, restrictions easing, etc. Seems we are headed for an "all clear" around July 1.Β 

In the meantime, things are a bit all over the place. The "vaccine or mask" rule is largely unenforceable and creates a headache for businesses. SchoolΒ and kids activities (at least in Michigan) are still a mess of confusion.Β 

We can feel the light at the end of the tunnel, but it doesn't feel like anyone is really breathing a sigh of relief yet.Β 

- Mark

I have some concerns about this fall and how the number of cases workout. I am confident in the vaccine, and if a high percentage gets the vaccine we wouldn't have that much of a problem this fall. Do we live in a nation too many "softies" with unfounded fear of the vaccine? Probably so. Compare today's generational character to that of what is considered the greatest generation of all during the World War II era, and I think it is an unequivocal character. Self-sacrificing versus selfish. Brave vs cowardly.Β 

Thomas Gralinski,Β 2458080

29 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I am happy that everything is trending in the right direction. Virus going down, restrictions easing, etc. Seems we are headed for an "all clear" around July 1.Β 

Its a strategic move to open things up at summer time. I still would consider it not "All Clear" until we hit near thanksgiving and see if we really don't see a resurgence in the virus.Β 

I still think we are being too optimistic.

In the meantime, things are a bit all over the place. The "vaccine or mask" rule is largely unenforceable and creates a headache for businesses.Β 

Not really. Businesses have the right to deny entry to those who don't wear masks. Just like if you if they have a sign saying, "No Shirt No Shoes No Service".Β 

Honestly, people made to big of a deal out of wearing a mask. It is absolutely the least annoying thing about the whole COVID thing. Like, complaining about it would make me feel like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. I exclude those who have to wear it all day because they are in a service industry, my opinion might be different at that point. Just taking the position of a person who works from home, and wears it for like less than 15 minutes at a time every few days. Not that big of a deal for me.Β 

We can feel the light at the end of the tunnel, but it doesn't feel like anyone is really breathing a sigh of relief yet.Β 

We shouldn't. Viruses don't give a damn about your feelings about the situation. Hey, I am an engineer, we are conservative by nature. Over design, design for safety in mind, when in doubt just increase the safety factor.Β 

15 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Do we live in a nation too many "softies" with unfounded fear of the vaccine? Probably so. Compare today's generational character to that of what is considered the greatest generation of all during the World War II era, and I think it is an unequivocal character. Self-sacrificing versus selfish. Brave vs cowardly.Β 

Can't compare previous generations to what is going on now. The internet has screwed up our entire sense making institutions. I can understand the whole fear of the unknown. Especially when the internet promotes the BS it does. There is way more BS out there than every news source backing science. I wouldn't claim its cowardly. Ignorance makes it easier to be brave.Β 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not really. Businesses have the right to deny entry to those who don't wear masks. Just like if you if they have a sign saying, "No Shirt No Shoes No Service".Β 

This was easier with the mask mandates because there were only a few people walking in without masks. Now with a high percentage of people walking into places without a mask on, having someone at the door enforcing it becomes much more burdensome. I watched some local businesses give up after a few days and just stop enforcing it. They said there were simply too many people coming in without them to keep up. Some big chains like Kroger even changed course after a few days of trying to enforce.Β 

20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Honestly, people made to big of a deal out of wearing a mask. It is absolutely the least annoying thing about the whole COVID thing. Like, complaining about it would make me feel like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. I exclude those who have to wear it all day because they are in a service industry, my opinion might be different at that point. Just taking the position of a person who works from home, and wears it for like less than 15 minutes at a time every few days. Not that big of a deal for me.Β 

I respect your opinion. Personally, I hate masks and will be glad to see them go.Β 

I am fully vaccinated and carry a mask in my pocket. I will put it on if asked (so far I have not been asked even once in almost two weeks).Β 

- Mark

Just now, Braivo said:

This was easier with the mask mandates because there were only a few people walking in without masks. Now with a high percentage of people walking into places without a mask on, having someone at the door enforcing it becomes much more burdensome.

If you live near highly populated areas in Ohio, I don't see this happening. I would say above 95% of people wear masks into restaurants, grocery stores, hardware stores, etc...

If you go out into the rural areas, then I see more of people not caring as much.Β 

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

They said there were simply too many people coming in without them to keep up. Some big chains like Kroger even changed course after a few days of trying to enforce.Β 

I get it, if a lot of people rush a store, there is nothing a store can do but call the police and say they are trespassing.Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

f you live near highly populated areas in Ohio, I don't see this happening. I would say above 95% of people wear masks into restaurants, grocery stores, hardware stores, etc...

If you go out into the rural areas, then I see more of people not caring as much.Β 

I can only speak to where I am in Michigan, northern suburb of Detroit, but once our Gov. said masks optional if you have been vaccinated the percentage wearing masks dropped significantly.Β  I would guess less than half are wearing a mask, maybe even fewer.Β Β 

Stuart M.
Β 

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* /Β 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBOREΒ XLS / 4,5 & 6Β Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI /Β Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD /Β Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 /Β Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* /Β Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7SΒ /Β Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: LabattΒ Blue (or anything nice & cold)Β 

β€œMasks can create a false sense of security, leading people to neglect measures like hand hygiene and physical distancing,” Dr. Tedros AdhanomΒ said. β€œI cannot say this enough: Masks will not protect you alone from COVID-19.”

https://parade.com/1142328/kimberlyzapata/face-masks-side-effects/#:~:text=Side effects of wearing a mask 1 Obscured,sense of security. ... 8 Spreading germs.

Thomas Gralinski,Β 2458080

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Masks will not protect you alone from COVID-19.”

WhoΒ is saying this (that "masks alone will protect you from COVID-19")? Almost nobody. Jeez.

Safety measures are additive. Supplemental. Including vaccination.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Safety measures are additive. Supplemental. Including vaccination.

Absolutely. Hygiene is a large part too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I'm now starting to see more and more people choosing to not wear masks even here in California and it most likely is people who aren't getting vaccinated either. I asked a clerk about it and they say management is not going to enforce it any longer so despite the signs on the doors it's voluntary.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

On 5/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, Billy Z said:

I have some concerns about this fall and how the number of cases workout. I am confident in the vaccine, and if a high percentage gets the vaccine we wouldn't have that much of a problem this fall. Do we live in a nation too many "softies" with unfounded fear of the vaccine? Probably so. Compare today's generational character to that of what is considered the greatest generation of all during the World War II era, and I think it is an unequivocal character. Self-sacrificing versus selfish. Brave vs cowardly.Β 

Think about the possibility of neighbors refusing to pull the shades at night or keep a limited amount of lights lit at night to avoid nighttime bombing raids like what they had to do back then.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

• Administrator
5 hours ago, flopster said:

I'm now starting to see more and more people choosing to not wear masks even here in California and it most likely is people who aren't getting vaccinated either. I asked a clerk about it and they say management is not going to enforce it any longer so despite the signs on the doors it's voluntary.

Odds are they are vaccinated though no? We’re at over 50% having gotten at least one shot by now.

7 hours ago, flopster said:

Think about the possibility of neighbors refusing to pull the shades at night or keep a limited amount of lights lit at night to avoid nighttime bombing raids like what they had to do back then.

I think food rationing would be a more difficult thing now than in the 40s.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Odds are they are vaccinated though no? We’re at over 50% having gotten at least one shot by now.

Well the mask mandate here is still in place until June 15th and since most are still abiding I just think it makes sense that the people who would disregard this minor inconvenience would be anti vax people. Honestly I think if I could show my vaccination card as I enter any establishment should be good enough to not mask up but the anti vax people undoubtedly will throw a fit over this and call it unconstitutional and a violation of their civil rights even though they aren't being denied entry into an establishment just being required to mask up since they want to exercise freedom of choice over a vaccination.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

22 hours ago, flopster said:

I have often thought the same thing. You'd probably get morons posting links to videos where some crackpot explains that light from a house doesn't extend more than 23.5 feet into the atmosphere and that pilots can't see the ground and it's all holograms anyway. All something to doΒ with the melting point of steel girders and the temperature aviation fuelΒ burns at, apparently.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Our mask mandate in Michigan, for vaccinated residents, was lifted two weeks ago. I haven't been asked to wear a mask since. Though I do still see >50% of people wearing them.Β 

I was out to dinner this weekend and a maskless couple sat next to us and complained that the server wasn't wearing a mask. Was a tense situation for a bit.Β 

The kids had an outdoor band concert and were required to wear masks (with slits cut in it for their instrument lol). Even though they were outdoors and spaced out, they were asked to wear masks. Current state and CDC guidelines say masks are not necessary in such a situation.

Meanwhile there were 20,000 maskless spectators in Boston last night at the hockey game, but the coaches on the bench were wearing masks.Β 

I am seeing lots of odd, contradictory situations like that lately. Hopefully it all clears up July 1 when all restrictions end.Β 

- Mark