IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator

Cole Beasley is going off on the NFL's COVID protocols.

I think they are:

nfl_covid.jpeg

Apparently nobody should get a vaccine because it was maybe "God's will" that hundreds of thousands of Americans have died?

P.S. The NFL's message seems clear: get f***ing vaccinated.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We ought to know, by now, that pandemics are pretty low on god's priority list.  

I had to look up who that clown Cole Beasley was.

Right up there with it being god's will that your neighbor's baby got leukemia and died because he needed another angel in heaven.

45 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I had to look up who that clown Cole Beasley was.

Right up there with it being god's will that your neighbor's baby got leukemia and died because he needed another angel in heaven.

He’s a classic douche.

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He’s a classic douche.

I think that might be an underestimation....

I am just glad the misinformation in the internet did not exist to stop people getting the Small Pox vaccine decades ago.   High vaccination rates basically made Small Pox extinct.

210621233036-florida-manatee-county-coro

Two people are dead and four of their coworkers were hospitalized after a Covid-19 outbreak swept through a...

On 6/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, iacas said:

Several strains of the flu are extinct now.

Yes that is interesting and good, but it looks like there's another variant of the Coronavirus threatening the population.

8 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Yes that is interesting and good, but it looks like there's another variant of the Coronavirus threatening the population.

The non-vaccinated population.

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The non-vaccinated population.

Lol, but:

"Delta Variant Of The Coronavirus Could Dominate In U.S. Within Weeks"

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/06/22/1008859705/delta-variant-coronavirus-unvaccinated-u-s-covid-surge

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Lol, but:

"Delta Variant Of The Coronavirus Could Dominate In U.S. Within Weeks"

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/06/22/1008859705/delta-variant-coronavirus-unvaccinated-u-s-covid-surge

And a quote from that article:

The variant, first identified in India, is the most contagious yet and, among those not yet vaccinated, may trigger serious illness in more people than other variants do, say scientists tracking the spread of infection.

The summary is that Delta could lead to a significant surge in cases, especially in communities with relatively low rates of vaccination. All of the vaccines provide pretty good (not perfect) protection against all the variants, including Delta.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The summary is that Delta could lead to a significant surge in cases, especially in communities with relatively low rates of vaccination. All of the vaccines provide pretty good (not perfect) protection against all the variants, including Delta.

The mental math for people just changed. Hopefully more people get the vaccine. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Please don't become like our crazy uncle in Florida. Please read beyond the headline.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

The mental math for people just changed. Hopefully more people get the vaccine. 

I hope you're right, but I'm not that optimistic.  Resistance to being vaccinated has so far been based in everything except real data, so I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if new data changes the minds of many.