IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Anybody still wearing a mask when going to a restaurant, grocery shopping, Etc? I pretty much am mask free unless mandatory, like health care facilities. Some people still don't feel secure w/o a mask. 

I am choosing to wear a mask in certain situations, primarily where there are many people I do not know.  My wife has health issues and even though vaccinated we want to avoid the slim chance of getting it.  This primarily means I wear it in grocery stores, etc.  I'm not overly concerned about sitting at a table in a restaurant since other tables are typically far enough away to be of minor concern and a single waiter/waitress does not worry me.  I'm also required to wear it when walking through my father's Assistant Living facility but can remove it once I am in his apartment (But at least I can now visit more frequently and no need for an "Appointment"). 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm fully vaccinated and still wear a mask indoors. Outdoors, no, unless it is wall to wall people, that happens not infrequently in the big city. Haven't gone to a movie or eaten at a restaurant inside yet.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

12 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Anybody still wearing a mask when going to a restaurant, grocery shopping, Etc? I pretty much am mask free unless mandatory, like health care facilities. Some people still don't feel secure w/o a mask. 

I’m about 50/50. My son is 5, and we make him wear a mask when we’re indoors around strangers, so I will wear it when I’m with him. Without him, if I’m going to be somewhere for a long time, I’ll wear it. A long grocery trip, for example. Otherwise, no mask. 
That said, I do try to carry a mask in my pocket in case someone asks me to wear it. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 hours ago, colin007 said:

So I have to subscribe to WSJ to read the whole story? The free portion didn't mention the severity of the cases of those who were vaccinated. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Would like to know how many of them were hospitalized. Are the symptoms lessened by having the vaccine.  Also, what is the total infection rate of vaccinated. Lots of logical questions I didn’t see in the article the first time I read through it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, Billy Z said:

So I have to subscribe to WSJ to read the whole story? The free portion didn't mention the severity of the cases of those who were vaccinated. 

An excerpt:

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 2.01.45 PM.png

Steve

16 hours ago, colin007 said:

Good article! After reading the excerpt that was posted is good news the vaccines will help prevent severe cases. 

53 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

An excerpt:

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 2.01.45 PM.png

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Maybe this is good news. I hope so.  On March 29th I got my second Covid 19 vaccination (Moderna).  That afternoon I went out and shot the best round I have had in a year (81). The next day I shot an 80.  Could it be that the vaccine lowers scores by as much as 6-7 strokes?  Maybe it was just the relaxation factor.  Whatever the cause/effect relationship is, I'll take it.  No, I don't plan on getting more vaccinations, unless boosters come out and are recommended. 

Mike

5 minutes ago, curlydastooge said:

Could it be that the vaccine lowers scores by as much as 6-7 strokes?

Sign me up!

Well, today our state opened everything up, so I'm going to check out my favorite watering hole in a few minutes hoping the barstools are back.  However, there's a caveat (isn't there always a caveat?).  If my favorite bartender is there I'll still need to wear a mask or sit at a table instead of the bar.  He admitted yesterday he's not vaccinated.  Hmmm. his excuse... "I just haven't found the time."  Weak.

The young lady behind the counter at my favorite golf course still is in first place for the best excuse.  "I have trouble being on time for appointments."

• Administrator

Awfully small sample size.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 6/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

But I want a booster.  I had absolutely no side effects to either dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  I worry that it didn't take.  So, let me at that booster.

I low key feel the same way....

Colin P.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

But I want a booster.  I had absolutely no side effects to either dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  I worry that it didn't take.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. Having no side effects means nothing. Just because a persons tattoo didn’t hurt doesn’t mean the tattoo isn’t there.😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

53 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Absolutely nothing to worry about. Having no side effects means nothing. Just because a persons tattoo didn’t hurt doesn’t mean the tattoo isn’t there.😃

Thanks! What's my co-pay on that? ,😄💰