Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I still kinda liked the guy... but not anymore.  I try not to associate with idiots.

Well, shoot!  And I was just about to invite you to an all expense paid round in the Bahamas with me!  😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, nevets88 said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

 

What is it about a person who has a platform if you will and cannot use it to encourage people rather than tell everyone that if “…your young and strong like me” you don’t need a shot. What a fool!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There's a new variant of the virus out there right now... very contagious.  I don't have time to be dying in a hospital.  I have tee times coming up

I 100% Second your statement!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Penn State just mandated masks for all indoors, vaccinated or not.

Vaccinated people will not have to be tested, though.

My company just reinstated mask mandates in open areas for all and a few other reasonable restrictions.  All are things I can "LIVE" with. (pun intended)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just read this yesterday.  National news... you've probably all read it too.  Guy and his wife, with kids, decide to wait one full year from the first vaccination to determine if it was safe.  He caught Covid-19 a week ago, fought and fought, several hospitals.  39 years old... he died.  His final text to his wife:  "I should have gotten the damn shot".

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Well, shoot!  And I was just about to invite you to an all expense paid round in the Bahamas with me!  😁

Hurricane coming soon to the Bahamas.  I don't like to play golf in the wind.  But thanks Zippo.  At least you're not a covidiot.  😁

On 8/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, where I live everything is a half hour drive. 

Even to the end of your driveway.  Even to the closest public school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

But DeChambeau, 27, said he does not regret his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus.

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

Bryson honey, that is so much BS!  My friend that I played golf with on Monday says he takes vitamin D so therefore he is immune.  I drink red wine... so I'm good too.  Or at least I'll die in a stupor...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bryson honey, that is so much BS!  My friend that I played golf with on Monday says he takes vitamin D so therefore he is immune.  I drink red wine... so I'm good too.  Or at least I'll die in a stupor...

His excuse is several months out of date.  I understand the hesitation for a lot of people from something injected into you.  My wife and I looked into the science, made our decision to get it as soon as we are eligible and did it.  I admit I was nervous.   I did it anyway.   Bryson should just say he’s an anti-vaxxer or scared.  Better than saying tripe like that.

Brooks should call him chicken….

Edited by imsys0042
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So here we have vaccines available for COVID and people are hesitant for multiple reasons and misinformation from political leaders, celebrities, athletes, etc.

But everyday people take prescribed and over the counter medications for what ever sickness they may have. Side effects from these medications are on the label.  Commercials everyday on television advertise this and that for skin conditions, headaches, aches and pains and each state a disclaimer “….if irritation or nausea or blah, blah blah appears or persists contact your doctor”.

They gladly take these medications for what ails them, but won’t take a shot for a virus that can kill them!

Just amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

His excuse is several months out of date.  I understand the hesitation for a lot of people from something injected into you.  My wife and I looked into the science, made our decision to get it as soon as we are eligible and did it.  I admit I was nervous.   I did it anyway.   Bryson should just say he’s an anti-vaxxer or scared.  Better than saying tripe like that.

Brooks should call him chicken….

Virtually all of us have had something injected into us. That's why it's rare to see a case of Smallpox or Polio. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


It looks like FDA will be giving the Pfizer final approval sometime in the next few months. Maybe as early as next month. 

03dc-virus-pfizer-videoSixteenByNine3000

The Food and Drug Administration’s move is expected to kick off more vaccination mandates for hospital workers, college students and federal troops.

Come on people, get vaccinated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

It looks like FDA will be giving the Pfizer final approval sometime in the next few months. Maybe as early as next month. 

03dc-virus-pfizer-videoSixteenByNine3000

The Food and Drug Administration’s move is expected to kick off more vaccination mandates for hospital workers, college students and federal troops.

Come on people, get vaccinated. 

Now everyone with the "I'm waiting for full FDA approval" excuse can put up or shut up, or move the goalposts again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

 

This proves he's an idiot and not a "scientist".  Just enough information to be dangerous to himself and to others.

Just because you are young does not guarantee you will be fine.  He just happened to be one of the lucky ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

This proves he's an idiot and not a "scientist".  Just enough information to be dangerous to himself and to others.

Just because you are young does not guarantee you will be fine.  He just happened to be one of the lucky ones.

That’s the least important point of his ignorance. It’s the fact that he’s allowing himself to be a host for the virus to not only pass to another but to allow a variant to be created. He’s an absolute idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s the least important point of his ignorance. It’s the fact that he’s allowing himself to be a host for the virus to not only pass to another but to allow a variant to be created. He’s an absolute idiot.

Guess he missed that basic bio class in college too. He’s a dangerous ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Now everyone with the "I'm waiting for full FDA approval" excuse can put up or shut up, or move the goalposts again.

That’s still months away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:

That’s still months away.

Looking more and more like it'll be early to mid-September according to the New York Times article.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

NY Vaccine passport updated, expiration date changed from 6 months to a year after fully vaccinated date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Day 53: Did some yardstick putting practice indoors, and some rehearsal/swing mapping with a PW, also indoors.  
    • Day 207.  If you think I hit some 6-iron shots today, you're right!  But I also spent 30 minutes putting on a real green by taking a break to do so;  I didn't do drills, and I mostly hit from 3-12' ; the shorter ones I focused on doing my best to make it, the longer ones I wanted to get close enough to have a chance but, if I missed, to miss them long with a short return putt.  I also spent ten minutes hitting half shots with my 54 degree (indoors, off a mat, real balls). 
    • Mostly firstname lastname.  No titles;  if I did, somewhere between a third and a half of my active contacts would have the prefix Dr. and that would just be confusing.  A few are in there as pseudonyms;  even though no one goes through my phone, it's just in case as I don't think they'd want their personal number getting released through my carelessness.   A few are missing last names, usually if I don't know that information about them for some reason, and a few have reminders if I only sort of know them or if there are two or more people I know with the same first-name last-name combination.   Scrolling through the contact list, I have a ton of people I haven't had any communication with, phone or otherwise, in over a decade.   The only time I have ever known how I'm stored in someone else's phone was back in college when I, at some point, found out that my then-girlfriend had me stored in her phone as "Bozo." 
    • I'm playing Lake St. Clair Metropark (Par-3) again this Saturday. 🙂
    • Mostly First and Last Name. If it's someone I want to remember associated with a business it might be like Jay (Henderson Construction). 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. AWebb85
      AWebb85
      (36 years old)
    2. grilljm
      grilljm
      (75 years old)
    3. Joe92385
      Joe92385
      (36 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...