IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

With regard to firing people who are not vaccinated or refuse to get vaccinated. Depending on the state, you may see more legal action taken against employers

Some states, ie. Michigan, have "At Will Employment" and your employer can terminate you with our without cause for any reason as long as it is not for a "Protected" reason such as Race, Gender, Age or Religion.  The ADA provides protections for the disabled but I don't think being unvaccinated falls into that.  Employers do not even need to give you a reason for the termination, just tell you that you are no longer employed by them.  Of course a Union Contract may come into play.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

Some states, ie. Michigan, have "At Will Employment" and your employer can terminate you with our without cause for any reason as long as it is not for a "Protected" reason such as Race, Gender, Age or Religion.  The ADA provides protections for the disabled but I don't think being unvaccinated falls into that.  Employers do not even need to give you a reason for the termination, just tell you that you are no longer employed by them.  Of course a Union Contract may come into play.

In the U.S., every state except Montana has at will employment as the default.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

interesting comment that I saw on Twitter (so you know it’s valid!) is that we’ve required vaccinations for a lot of things before.   Certainly schools and one of the companies I worked for in PA required a medical checkup and clean Bill of health.   I think where people might have an issue is that we are moving that into our day to day lives because we have a pandemic going on.

I don’t think it’s forever and we shouldn’t make this a new normal.  For now, we need to unite together to do what is needed so we can back to normal.

—Adam

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

interesting comment that I saw on Twitter (so you know it’s valid!) is that we’ve required vaccinations for a lot of things before.   Certainly schools and one of the companies I worked for in PA required a medical checkup and clean Bill of health.   I think where people might have an issue is that we are moving that into our day to day lives because we have a pandemic going on.

Seriously, yeah. Colleges have required kids to get vaccinations and other stuff done before they show up their freshman year. This isn't really different.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-resistant-lambda-variant-us-193100413.html

ugh. I was afraid of lambda variant becoming dominant. Now it’s here. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The Lambda variant is out of Peru and I have read that it is not as nasty as the Delta variant. The Sigma variant follows that.

I'm hoping that any mutations make it less deadly, since being less deadly tends to allow it to continue to transmit better. I'm also hoping this doesn't roll over into a yearly flu type thing. 

On a side note. The idiots in Ohio want to introduce an anti-vaccination bill again. 

8d983ea4-2ee6-4b89-a613-471db6f944fd-sco

House Bill 248, also named the Vaccine Choice and Anti-Discrimination Act, prohibits virtually everybody from requiring a vaccine, even employers such as hospitals, and forbids "discriminatory treatment" based on vaccination status. It also requires schools to notify parents that children can be exempted from vaccines.

The legislation applies to all vaccines, not just COVID-19 shots.

This is all sorts of stupid. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

17 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I have seen some comments in a forum that people want a governor like DeSantis (Florida).  They are saying that is a real leader (I'm in Michigan).

What forum?  Probably not Mensa.

—Adam

26 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I have seen some comments in a forum that people want a governor like DeSantis (Florida).  They are saying that is a real leader (I'm in Michigan).

I think people misstake obstinance for strength. It takes strength to fight a disease.  Obstinance is just letting it run rampant despite experts warnings.  

1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

A forum on a local TV Station.  Clickondetroit.com

I think the issue with DeSantis is that he is not a governor, he’s a candidate.  What he is doing is popular with his supporters, but is not the best for them.  Nor other people in his state.   Hogan, Whitmer, DeWine, Wolff, etc…. All took it more seriously, which may hurt them politically.   I’d prefer someone make the right decision, not the one that you think is popular.   

—Adam

9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I'm hoping that any mutations make it less deadly, since being less deadly tends to allow it to continue to transmit better. I'm also hoping this doesn't roll over into a yearly flu type thing. 

On a side note. The idiots in Ohio want to introduce an anti-vaccination bill again. 

Do they intend this to apply to all vaccines, even the ones like measles, mumps, polio, all of those vaccines that are required already for some school systems?  Or is it just the political vaccine?  Wow, I just looked at Virginia's requirements, I see 11 different vaccines discussed.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Do they intend this to apply to all vaccines, even the ones like measles, mumps, polio, all of those vaccines that are required already for some school systems? 

The article says to all vaccines. This looks more to be a true anti-Vaxer stance versus just a COVID thing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The article says to all vaccines. This looks more to be a true anti-Vaxer stance versus just a COVID thing.

Wow, makes me wonder how long we've been vaccinating for things like polio and tetanus.  I know i got stabbed a few times when I was a kid, back in the early 60s.  I guess state and local reps can propose any kind of law, even if its extremely unlikely to pass.  Actually, US reps and senators can do the same thing, and do it with some regularity.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Wow, makes me wonder how long we've been vaccinating for things like polio and tetanus.  I know i got stabbed a few times when I was a kid, back in the early 60s.  I guess state and local reps can propose any kind of law, even if its extremely unlikely to pass.  Actually, US reps and senators can do the same thing, and do it with some regularity.

Just got my tetanus updated.

I doubt it will pass in Ohio. Out Governor will veto it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Something similar happened in Tennessee already:

221gettyimages-1231124292_wide-162a6d8a2

In addition to her ouster, Dr. Michelle Fiscus says Tennessee is stopping all of its vaccination outreach efforts for teens and children – not only for COVID-19 but also for other illnesses.

That resulted in this:

a19a7591-a07b-4610-80c7-7725f551c927-NAS

The recent acceptance of the anti-vax movement by Republicans is alarming. I won't go too much further to avoid politics, but it has me very worried.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: