Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

With regard to firing people who are not vaccinated or refuse to get vaccinated. Depending on the state, you may see more legal action taken against employers

Some states, ie. Michigan, have "At Will Employment" and your employer can terminate you with our without cause for any reason as long as it is not for a "Protected" reason such as Race, Gender, Age or Religion.  The ADA provides protections for the disabled but I don't think being unvaccinated falls into that.  Employers do not even need to give you a reason for the termination, just tell you that you are no longer employed by them.  Of course a Union Contract may come into play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

Some states, ie. Michigan, have "At Will Employment" and your employer can terminate you with our without cause for any reason as long as it is not for a "Protected" reason such as Race, Gender, Age or Religion.  The ADA provides protections for the disabled but I don't think being unvaccinated falls into that.  Employers do not even need to give you a reason for the termination, just tell you that you are no longer employed by them.  Of course a Union Contract may come into play.

In the U.S., every state except Montana has at will employment as the default.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

interesting comment that I saw on Twitter (so you know it’s valid!) is that we’ve required vaccinations for a lot of things before.   Certainly schools and one of the companies I worked for in PA required a medical checkup and clean Bill of health.   I think where people might have an issue is that we are moving that into our day to day lives because we have a pandemic going on.

I don’t think it’s forever and we shouldn’t make this a new normal.  For now, we need to unite together to do what is needed so we can back to normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

interesting comment that I saw on Twitter (so you know it’s valid!) is that we’ve required vaccinations for a lot of things before.   Certainly schools and one of the companies I worked for in PA required a medical checkup and clean Bill of health.   I think where people might have an issue is that we are moving that into our day to day lives because we have a pandemic going on.

Seriously, yeah. Colleges have required kids to get vaccinations and other stuff done before they show up their freshman year. This isn't really different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-resistant-lambda-variant-us-193100413.html
 

ugh. I was afraid of lambda variant becoming dominant. Now it’s here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

Yes it is in some states but why are you afraid?  

The Lambda variant is out of Peru and I have read that it is not as nasty as the Delta variant. The Sigma variant follows that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The Lambda variant is out of Peru and I have read that it is not as nasty as the Delta variant. The Sigma variant follows that.

I'm hoping that any mutations make it less deadly, since being less deadly tends to allow it to continue to transmit better. I'm also hoping this doesn't roll over into a yearly flu type thing. 

On a side note. The idiots in Ohio want to introduce an anti-vaccination bill again. 

8d983ea4-2ee6-4b89-a613-471db6f944fd-sco
Quote

House Bill 248, also named the Vaccine Choice and Anti-Discrimination Act, prohibits virtually everybody from requiring a vaccine, even employers such as hospitals, and forbids "discriminatory treatment" based on vaccination status. It also requires schools to notify parents that children can be exempted from vaccines.

The legislation applies to all vaccines, not just COVID-19 shots.

This is all sorts of stupid. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have seen some comments in a forum that people want a governor like DeSantis (Florida).  They are saying that is a real leader (I'm in Michigan).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I have seen some comments in a forum that people want a governor like DeSantis (Florida).  They are saying that is a real leader (I'm in Michigan).

What forum?  Probably not Mensa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I have seen some comments in a forum that people want a governor like DeSantis (Florida).  They are saying that is a real leader (I'm in Michigan).

I think people misstake obstinance for strength. It takes strength to fight a disease.  Obstinance is just letting it run rampant despite experts warnings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

A forum on a local TV Station.  Clickondetroit.com

 

I think the issue with DeSantis is that he is not a governor, he’s a candidate.  What he is doing is popular with his supporters, but is not the best for them.  Nor other people in his state.   Hogan, Whitmer, DeWine, Wolff, etc…. All took it more seriously, which may hurt them politically.   I’d prefer someone make the right decision, not the one that you think is popular.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I'm hoping that any mutations make it less deadly, since being less deadly tends to allow it to continue to transmit better. I'm also hoping this doesn't roll over into a yearly flu type thing. 

On a side note. The idiots in Ohio want to introduce an anti-vaccination bill again. 

8d983ea4-2ee6-4b89-a613-471db6f944fd-sco

This is all sorts of stupid. 

 

Do they intend this to apply to all vaccines, even the ones like measles, mumps, polio, all of those vaccines that are required already for some school systems?  Or is it just the political vaccine?  Wow, I just looked at Virginia's requirements, I see 11 different vaccines discussed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Do they intend this to apply to all vaccines, even the ones like measles, mumps, polio, all of those vaccines that are required already for some school systems? 

The article says to all vaccines. This looks more to be a true anti-Vaxer stance versus just a COVID thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The article says to all vaccines. This looks more to be a true anti-Vaxer stance versus just a COVID thing.

Wow, makes me wonder how long we've been vaccinating for things like polio and tetanus.  I know i got stabbed a few times when I was a kid, back in the early 60s.  I guess state and local reps can propose any kind of law, even if its extremely unlikely to pass.  Actually, US reps and senators can do the same thing, and do it with some regularity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Wow, makes me wonder how long we've been vaccinating for things like polio and tetanus.  I know i got stabbed a few times when I was a kid, back in the early 60s.  I guess state and local reps can propose any kind of law, even if its extremely unlikely to pass.  Actually, US reps and senators can do the same thing, and do it with some regularity.

Just got my tetanus updated.

I doubt it will pass in Ohio. Out Governor will veto it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I'm hoping that any mutations make it less deadly, since being less deadly tends to allow it to continue to transmit better. I'm also hoping this doesn't roll over into a yearly flu type thing. 

On a side note. The idiots in Ohio want to introduce an anti-vaccination bill again. 

8d983ea4-2ee6-4b89-a613-471db6f944fd-sco

This is all sorts of stupid. 

 

Something similar happened in Tennessee already:

221gettyimages-1231124292_wide-162a6d8a2

In addition to her ouster, Dr. Michelle Fiscus says Tennessee is stopping all of its vaccination outreach efforts for teens and children – not only for COVID-19 but also for other illnesses.

That resulted in this:

a19a7591-a07b-4610-80c7-7725f551c927-NAS

The recent acceptance of the anti-vax movement by Republicans is alarming. I won't go too much further to avoid politics, but it has me very worried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • You seriously think Bryson was the first PGA Tour pro who started working on being more fit and gaining speed from that? Have you been watching the Tour for the last 40 years?
    • Looked at the X3 page, the X3 uses the fusion technology, so guessing some of the features on the X3 are going to be on the M+? If I had more time, I'd cross out the M+ data points and just guess from which ones are left over. Or maybe it's more accuracy? Or maybe chipping/pitching related.  
    • Don't even know how to describe it, but I open up to play a flighted wedge that will hop and stop. just let the hips and legs provide all the power, with the hands simply hinging and unhinging, naturally to a low follow through.. Most wedge shots I will play with a square face to simplify alignment, and I will change my 54 degree (my workhorse wedge) from a 10 degree bounce RTX to a 14 degree Vokey when facing very soft conditions or a very lush course. I will intentionally put draw spin on a wedge into a good wind,  or when the pin is well left and I want to get a good bounce and a bit of run upon landing  or on a shelf I don't want to fly to then suck the ball back onto the lower level.
    • Deja vu This was exactly what you told me last week, right down to the sword fight.  It will be a good refresher. Thx
    • But seriously, pretty solid explanation with good visuals. I’m actually going to make sure I’m gripping as Erik shows here.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 45Fan
      45Fan
      (53 years old)
    2. boxofballs
      boxofballs
      (47 years old)
    3. CaptainsChoice
      CaptainsChoice
      (35 years old)
    4. dagolfer18
      dagolfer18
      (18 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...